Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

View attachment 402243 View attachment 402244 View attachment 402245 View attachment 402246
I’m not who you were asking, but I’ll include the view from room 5186 YC SV CL taken JUNE 2018. One of the photos shows the shared balcony from our balcony, we were 2 doors down from it (I think).

Thanks so much for this!!

We have the same view booked and are going in a few weeks. I’d love to see the views to get an idea of what to ask for. Same on the food. I’m in the midst of canceling some ADR’s and trying to get a sense of if the food options in CL will be enough.
Have a great trip.

Please share some pics if you can once you are there. Thanks so much!!

Has anyone seen Raouf, the man who works recreation at Stormalong Bay? he does the campfires, movies, children's activities. We have known him for a long time and did not see him last week.

C218197B-3A3F-4D96-B263-6CBEA206FDBB.png [GALLERY=][GALLERY=][/GALLERY][/GALLERY]
We brought our own sunscreen.
It’s listed on the items on the rental on the Disney website. We are flying in and won’t have our luggage yet. I was planning on bringing a 3 oz in my carryon. I may just have to run to the gift shop .

Ok so I need some options... my mind sometimes wanders and I can't make a decision. I am taking my 2 kids ages 20 months and 3.5 years and my father age 66 June 1-8. We have BC CL booked for June 1-5, then Shades of Green for 5-8. We also have Tiffany Towncar reserved since I am not interested in take ME. I always fly with the kids car seats, and this was going to be no different. But we usually have my husband and my mom with us so 2 more adults to help carry stuff. This time it's just me and dad as adults. I got to thinking that maybe bring the car seats is to much trouble this time. So, since Tiffany town car will only provide 1 front facing car seat, I was thinking of using Minnie Vans. Yes the transfers to and from MCO are pricey but that's not the issue. My issue is Minnie Vans does not pick up from Shades. Now I'm thinking, should I just stay at BC CL (it wasn't available initially but is now) all week so we can use minnie van and not bring car seats? Or just leave everything as is? If it matters we would have 3 suitcases, my 20 month old in a lillebaby carrier, 1 backpack for a carry on for around the airport etc.

Has anyone seen Raouf, the man who works recreation at Stormalong Bay? he does the campfires, movies, children's activities. We have known him for a long time and did not see him last week.

We were there the first week in May and he was there for two days. Most of the time it was a young woman doing the recreation.

Ok so I need some options... my mind sometimes wanders and I can't make a decision. I am taking my 2 kids ages 20 months and 3.5 years and my father age 66 June 1-8. We have BC CL booked for June 1-5, then Shades of Green for 5-8. We also have Tiffany Towncar reserved since I am not interested in take ME. I always fly with the kids car seats, and this was going to be no different. But we usually have my husband and my mom with us so 2 more adults to help carry stuff. This time it's just me and dad as adults. I got to thinking that maybe bring the car seats is to much trouble this time. So, since Tiffany town car will only provide 1 front facing car seat, I was thinking of using Minnie Vans. Yes the transfers to and from MCO are pricey but that's not the issue. My issue is Minnie Vans does not pick up from Shades. Now I'm thinking, should I just stay at BC CL (it wasn't available initially but is now) all week so we can use minnie van and not bring car seats? Or just leave everything as is? If it matters we would have 3 suitcases, my 20 month old in a lillebaby carrier, 1 backpack for a carry on for around the airport etc.
Do you plan on using Disney bus service from park to park? My thought is the less you need to bring the better. My girls are older now though.
As far as staying at BC the whole trip, if it's in your budget, do it. Moving hotels with young ones may be stressful. I'm doing it with a tween and a teen and I'm not looking forward to it.

I would just stay at BC the entire time, car seats are heavy not easy to travel with.

View attachment 402243 View attachment 402244 View attachment 402245 View attachment 402246
I’m not who you were asking, but I’ll include the view from room 5186 YC SV CL taken JUNE 2018. One of the photos shows the shared balcony from our balcony, we were 2 doors down from it (I think).

My husband and I were in a SV CL room with the shared balcony at the end of February. We used the balcony at various times of the day and night and we never saw our neighbors use it. It was a huge private balcony for us. The view was the main entrance to the YC and we could see busses pulling in and out, so not a "gorgeous" view, but we enjoyed it and didn't find it noisy.

Last edited:

I know this is contrary to popular belief, but my personal opinion is that Split Stays are a pain in the neck, and that's when I'm travelling solo. It would be an even bigger pain in the neck if trying to do it with two young children. I don't like having to pack up my stuff - there's the clean clothes, the dirty clothes, the I've-worn-this-but-can-wear-it-again clothes, and for some people wet bathing suits. You would be trying to pack while watching the kids. I bring my own toiletries, so I would either have to pack up my wet soap in its soap dish, or bring two bars of soap and throw one out as I leave hotel 1. My shampoo and conditioner bottles would be wet from the shower. I always have food in the room, so I would have to pack that up, too.

In your situation, I think the bigger issue would be that you are essentially homeless on your move day, because you don't know what time your room at the second hotel will be ready.

Typically Disney will move your bags between hotels, but I don't know if that works if you are moving to Shades of Green. So you may lose time on your move day by having to move the stuff yourself.

If staying at Beach Club CL level for the whole time is out of the budget, what about Beach Club non CL level for the whole time?

Do you plan on using Disney bus service from park to park? My thought is the less you need to bring the better. My girls are older now though.
As far as staying at BC the whole trip, if it's in your budget, do it. Moving hotels with young ones may be stressful. I'm doing it with a tween and a teen and I'm not looking forward to it.

I think was planning on mostly walking this first part of the trip and using minnie van for one early morning in MK but not really using the buses often. When I called this morning to add the last few days at BC they aren't available with the military discount. So, now my new plan to use minnie van from MCO to BC, then rent a car with car seats from Alamo at Shades. I agree changing resorts isn't ideal especially with toddlers but it is what it is I guess since i can't get the whole week either place.

I think was planning on mostly walking this first part of the trip and using minnie van for one early morning in MK but not really using the buses often. When I called this morning to add the last few days at BC they aren't available with the military discount. So, now my new plan to use minnie van from MCO to BC, then rent a car with car seats from Alamo at Shades. I agree changing resorts isn't ideal especially with toddlers but it is what it is I guess since i can't get the whole week either place.
You can rent a car right by Dolphin, also check YC or Boardwalk to see if they have rooms, the move may be easier. I would also price renting the car from MCO the whole time vs Minnie van then rental car. There are threads on Dis that often have rental car savings information.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter