Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Has anyone used an ECV while staying at either the YC or BC and if so is there anything that makes one better than the other for using it? Bus loading or space for it in room or something else I'm not thinking of? thanks!

Has anyone used an ECV while staying at either the YC or BC and if so is there anything that makes one better than the other for using it? Bus loading or space for it in room or something else I'm not thinking of? thanks!
My mom has used one at both resorts multiple times. The resorts are pretty much the same in regards to layout and accessibility. The BC bell services CMs have handled picking up/dropping off the scooter a little better, but that may have just been the CMs we interacted with. The most important thing is bussing to MK, AK, or DS. YC is the first stop so if you get a bus with only one ECV spot and someone boarded at YC, you have to wait for another bus. If you prefer the theming/rooms of YC and want to stay there you are fine. I would personally walk/scoot to the YC bus stop to get picked up first if you stay at BC.

Is there a mug refill station at hurricane Hannah’s or somewhere by the pool? And if so, is there a coffee refill? Getting the mug for coffee rather than soda! Thanks!

What is price difference?

Are you taking Magical Express or renting a car/hiring a driver?

We had the same debate for our October trip. My husband is flying in after work and will land after 8 pm. We are getting a room for that night at POP. The Magical Express will bring you to the resort and it can take an hour and a half or two hours to get to the YC from the airport. We figure that if he takes the ME to POP that night, we will be ready to rock and roll at Animal Kingdom for the 7 am opening the next morning, then check into YC later in the day.

We will have Bell Services send our luggage over to the YC.

::yes::

We would like to take Magical Express for sure as we normally get a rental but the parking cost is making us second guess this since its only the two of us and we are mostly going to just see the Christmas stuff. Its tough though not having a car. Thank you all for advice. I didn't even think of the amount of time to get there on ME. Is ME available 24 hours? I was thinking of heading back to the airport at 5 AM to catch ME if we stayed there.

We would like to take Magical Express for sure as we normally get a rental but the parking cost is making us second guess this since its only the two of us and we are mostly going to just see the Christmas stuff. Its tough though not having a car. Thank you all for advice. I didn't even think of the amount of time to get there on ME. Is ME available 24 hours? I was thinking of heading back to the airport at 5 AM to catch ME if we stayed there.
DME runs 24/7. For return to MCO your pickup time is generally scheduled based on your flight time. For domestic flights it is 3 hourws +/- 15 minutes and 4 hours for International flights.

Yes, there is a rapid refill station to the right of the bar and order area. It has a traditional soda fountain, not freestyle and coffee and iced tea.

We don't get the refill mugs at the resorts- I make coffee in the room or get my beverages in the parks.

IIRC, there were complaints that the sweet drinks attract bees at the Hurricane Hanna's refill station.

Does anyone have recent reports about whether this is still an issue?

🐝

We don't get the refill mugs at the resorts- I make coffee in the room or get my beverages in the parks.

IIRC, there were complaints that the sweet drinks attract bees at the Hurricane Hanna's refill station.

🐝
I can’t help but believe this would be an issue and although I cannot speak from personal experience at HH, I can speak to it from other places I’ve been to.

Page 1512

I am at BCV for a few days. If anyone wants me to gather info on anything at YC/BC/BCV, let me know.

I hate my room but don’t have the energy to move. After I check out I will post details so others will have it. I made a room request hoping it would help prevent me from getting stuck in this room, but no such luck.

This may be old news, because I haven’t stayed in a studio in a long time. The sink is outside the room which has toilet and shower/tub. The electrical outlet next to the sink has a built in nightlight which cannot be turned off. You see the light when you are in bed.

Probably great if you are a four year old who is afraid of the dark.

Not so great if you are an adult who likes a dark room for sleeping.

If you sometimes use a sleep mask to block out the light when you sleep - bring it.

I was in BCV studio 325. Handicapped accessible, right near elevator. The elevator dings, elevator whirring and people chatting made me nuts. The layout of the room is different for accessibility purposes.

They were able to move me to a different studio. I think it had been pulled for repairs.

Sorry to hear about your issues with your room. I'm glad they were able to move you.

::yes::

First it was the phone books, then the carpet, the blanket at the bottom of the bed, the alarm clocks, the ladder needed to climb into the bed, then the bottles of shampoo, now the pen and paper. When (or where) will it all end?☎

Upcharge for tap water?

:sad2:

Hi everyone! :wave: It’s been awhile since I posted here, but I have been checking in every now & then to see what’s new and happening.

I’m super excited about our upcoming trip. We’ll be staying at BCV and my brother and his family are joining us! We’ll be there Oct. 4-13. The funny thing is that we’ve owned at BCV since early 2017, but this is our first time actually staying in the Villas! In the past couple of years, we had some last-minute trips, and BCV was unavailable. So we stayed at OKW and AKL.

This will be my three nephews (5, 7, 9) first time at Disney, and my brother and sister-in-law’s first time back for a REAL trip in probably 20 years. (They went to *A* park - I think EPCOT - a few years ago, but that doesn’t count. 😉) All of us, my boys included, are really looking forward to watching their boys experience all of this for the first time! It just adds a little extra magic, I think.

:welcome: back!

Sounds like and incredible trip. The boys are great ages to enjoy Disney.

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

:cool1:

We'll be checking into the YC in 3 weeks. This will be a first stay at the Yacht/Beach Club for us. We have a Garden/Woods view booked and I was going to call and put a location request on my reservation. From reviewing other posts and doing some research I think we may like a view of the wedding gazebo. How would I word my request if I'd like to look toward EPCOT at the gazebo? (Instead of looking at the gazebo from the opposite side. Does that make sense?) To all you YC regulars: Is there a certain location in my category that you would recommend instead and why? We plan to use the path to EPCOT a lot as well as the pool. Thanks!

:welcome: to the thread!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15.

Sounds like a great request. "Wedding Gazebo view facing EPCOT/facing east, please"

:woohoo:

....if you've visited BC/YC recently and have enjoyed Stormalong Bay, the marina, or the pirate ship slide, you've probably run into my DS:

enhance

....alas, his DCP ended August 1, but he's now at Jock Lindsey's Hangar Bar...

That is so cool! Hope he enjoyed his time working at the resort.

:fish:

On a totally unrelated note- does anyone have a closeup picture of the Fishing in Crescent Lake sign? I would like to add it to the fishing post.

I believe that they solved the bee problem by installing fans at the outdoor beverage section that essentially blow the bees away. It will blow your straws and papers away, too, so you need to keep on eye on anything lightweight. :)

As PolyRob said there is one at Hurricane Hanaha’s but it doesn’t open till 11 when HH’s opens. At least that was the case this past July.
Excellent point to mention! This was so annoying when staying at YC prior to the refurb. The walk to BC Marketplace was a bit of a trek just for a drink. The change from Fittings & Fairings to The Market at Ale & Compass is still much appreciated.

Caution - the roast beef sandwich in the grab and go section at the marketplace at ale & whatever in the yacht club has onions on it. A big pile of onions. Weird. We do not do that in the Northeast.

I believe that they solved the bee problem by installing fans at the outdoor beverage section that essentially blow the bees away. It will blow your straws and papers away, too, so you need to keep on eye on anything lightweight. :)

Thanks for the buzz! I haven't read complaints lately, so that makes sense. Sounds like they are solving this problem with the least possible lethal impact to the bees, so that is good news.

🐝

Just back from 4 nights..everyone loved the BC! They agreed that if we were mostly doing Epcot/HS- this would be our first choice- if MK, we’d prefer Poly...can’t go wrong with either. Some tips, blips, and cheers:
Rooms 9.5/10: Our room was 2622..right off the main lobby to the left with a view of gardens/corner gazebo/full balcony. Loved the decor- very calming- but missed or couldn’t find any Disney touches- artwork was of seashells, no hidden mickeys or character references in the room- we have always had those even if just a small finial. Even with 5 adults in the room- we had plenty of drawers- but we do pack light.
Toiletries were replenished well, asked for lotion (there were none) and received 3. Our coffee maker was Keurig- but only had decaf...had to request more- they brought it up in about 20 minutes- too late to use it that morning, so check the night before if it’s important to you. My chief complaint is the bedding- felt like I was sleeping with 2 sheets- the ‘cover’ is no thicker than my sheets at home- had to call for two blankets which are much thinner than the covers we found at the foot of bed at other resorts/cruise ships... not a fan. But, the other 3 nights we slept much better.
We loved having carpeting- so soft on the feet after 12 hours of walking and standing. Hope they don’t change that.

Cabanas 9.5/10: It rained 2/4 hours on our Cabana rental- I think we had #1 or 229F254DC-10CC-4148-BA6E-FD601E0BA616.jpeg they were sweet and refunded half our fee, fruit platter was delicious, they had a wonderful CM able to bring drinks/food...but we just wanted to swim- so the fruit and stocked beverages were fine. Our cabana attendant was so kind!!! We had to leave early to catch dining reservations- but we all would do it again, even though we were only one of about 15 families at the pool😂
Transportation 6/10: Our first morning we wanted to do rope drop at MK to ride Splash Mountain bc we couldn’t get a fast pass months ahead. My favorite ride. We arrived at 7:55am...the board said the bus would be there at 8:06...perfect! Not to be. Each bus filled up at YC, so they passed us. We had about 15 waiting when we showed up, now, there are over 50 and a few left pretty angry after 30 minutes waiting. When a bus did show up, people who just got there pushed ahead of most who had waited the full 35 minutes- it was not pleasant. We got on, but people were mad. We missed rope drop. Between that and it breaking down on other days- never got to ride Splash. 8/10 buses we had to stand up..we always gave up our seat to elderly/parents with young kids-it’s amazing how many don’t, the drivers and boat CMs were all exceptionally friendly...just something wrong if 4 Animal Kingdom buses come to pick up no passengers before one MK bus comes...poor communication.
Front Desk: ALL members we interacted with were exceptionally helpful..just hit some tricky challenges. We kept receiving a message on day2/3 that we needed to call front desk about our account. We thought the light was blinking to tell us our packages were at the front..and getting in at midnight on that night- we were too tired to check it. Day 3, we woke up early to catch Frozen ride (which was easy peasy) so we didn’t listen to message. We had no problems charging until dinner that night- our server said we had no charging privileges- odd..but we just covered tip with cc. We get in late again, dh went to front desk to make sure everything was fine- they said we had no issues. We go to room and two messages say our account has been halted..huh? Dh then checks his notifications from cc and we were charged over $1600..we only spent $200 so far on tips and a few pins...we call and they say there is no charge of $1600..but we are looking straight at it. Dh has to go back down..his heel spur is not happy. Turns out- there is another guest with my exact name whose cc rejected their charges- so someone put them on our card. Instead of cancelling her charging privileges- they cancelled ours- but their system showed none of that. It took 45 minutes to contact billing and two other sources to get to the bottom of it. An inconvenient blip.
All CMs were exceptional except a few ladies in the market place- they just had attitudes or were just void of any Disney pep- you know the crabby teacher in school no one likes to get? 3 of them there...outside of those- we were floored by the kindness and generous spirit from everyone at BC!!
Our room was serviced at 5pm on day 2, before 3 pm on day 3 and 4, and they knocked on our door at 9am on checkout...all were very nice! No towel animals..but we were just thankful for a bed to crash in.
All the tips here helped! Dh made it without a scooter- he’s ready to get in ship shape for our next trip! The daily walking actually helped his heel spur heal faster than not walking- but he definitely was tired and sore in the evenings- the sand floor of pool really helped!!!
Hope to return! I might talk him into DVC and BCV!! ❤️❤️❤️❤️

Your pictures are amazing! In 5 weeks I will just have finished work for two weeks and you’ve made me so excited!!
Thank you so much....I've tried to catch the 'essence' of this wonderful resort...I was there again on Thursday and Saturday. My DS and I went to visit some of his old co-workers....he officially starts his stint at Jock Lindsey's Hangar Bar in Disney Springs today (he just finished his training there.) so go visit him.... :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter