Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Just back from 4 nights..everyone loved the BC!

Turns out- there is another guest with my exact name whose cc rejected their charges- so someone put them on our card. Instead of cancelling her charging privileges- they cancelled ours- but their system showed none of that. It took 45 minutes to contact billing and two other sources to get to the bottom of it. An inconvenient blip.

This is really interesting. I just got back from BCV last night. At 11:00 am, I had Bell Services store my carry on bag and the big suitcase I was going to check. At 5:00 pm I went to Bell Services to retrieve my bags so that I could leave for the airport. I gave them my claim check. The guy came out with two little paper bags. I told them those were not my bags.

Turns out another guest has the same last name as me. They brought me that guest's bags.

I had a picture of my bags on my phone, so I showed the guy the picture and he brought out the correct bags.

But it makes me wonder - don't cast members at the Beach Club realize that they might have multiple guests with the same last name?

(It also made me nervous - if I had been a thief and the other guest's bags looked more valuable than mine, I could have walked off with them.)

Beach Club tip:

There is an old guy who works in the guard shack at the Beach Club. When you are being dropped off by Uber/Lyft/Towncar, he has a little procedure that he follows:
a) driver rolls down window and says they are dropping off
b) guard tells driver to roll down passenger window
c) driver gets confused
d) driver rolls down passenger window
e) guard asks passenger if they are checking in
f) passenger either says yes they are checking in or says no they are returning from a park
g) guard says "Welcome Home"

I used Uber/Lyft a lot this past trip, rather than dealing with buses. After the second time going through this little routine, I said to the driver, "Just tell him you are dropping me off from a park."

I thought that would save time, but it just confused the guard.

I suggest saying to your driver, "Please lower the passenger window, the guard has to ask me a question." (Or lower it yourself.)

Then let the guard go through his little routine.

Thank you so much....I've tried to catch the 'essence' of this wonderful resort...I was there again on Thursday and Saturday. My DS and I went to visit some of his old co-workers....he officially starts his stint at Jock Lindsey's Hangar Bar in Disney Springs today (he just finished his training there.) so go visit him.... :thumbsup2
That is hands down my bfs favourite place in all WDW as he loves the Indiana Jones and Rocketeer memorabilia so we will be there at least two evenings! What’s your sons name and we will keep an eye out?

Towel animals have not been “a thing” for a couple of years
What??? We had them at Poly last year- we were just there two nights, but just assumed they were still a thing...aww..that’s so sad.

This is really interesting. I just got back from BCV last night. At 11:00 am, I had Bell Services store my carry on bag and the big suitcase I was going to check. At 5:00 pm I went to Bell Services to retrieve my bags so that I could leave for the airport. I gave them my claim check. The guy came out with two little paper bags. I told them those were not my bags.

Turns out another guest has the same last name as me. They brought me that guest's bags.

I had a picture of my bags on my phone, so I showed the guy the picture and he brought out the correct bags.

But it makes me wonder - don't cast members at the Beach Club realize that they might have multiple guests with the same last name?

(It also made me nervous - if I had been a thief and the other guest's bags looked more valuable than mine, I could have walked off with them.)

I have a fairly uncommon first name- the odds of two of us with the same first name and last name seemed highly improbable...it actually made me think that people could track your name and try to pull something- but surely they have to check identification- and the odds of two of us being at the same resort- I could understand two John Smiths...but in 51 years- have only run into one other person with my full name...it was very odd and not secure that they could attach such issues to the wrong person so easily and their system says it didn’t happen, but our cc clearly showed it did. Glad you took pics of your bags! Great idea!!!

Beach Club tip:

There is an old guy who works in the guard shack at the Beach Club. When you are being dropped off by Uber/Lyft/Towncar, he has a little procedure that he follows:
a) driver rolls down window and says they are dropping off
b) guard tells driver to roll down passenger window
c) driver gets confused
d) driver rolls down passenger window
e) guard asks passenger if they are checking in
f) passenger either says yes they are checking in or says no they are returning from a park
g) guard says "Welcome Home"

I used Uber/Lyft a lot this past trip, rather than dealing with buses. After the second time going through this little routine, I said to the driver, "Just tell him you are dropping me off from a park."

I thought that would save time, but it just confused the guard.

I suggest saying to your driver, "Please lower the passenger window, the guard has to ask me a question." (Or lower it yourself.)

Then let the guard go through his little routine.

So we had a taxi drop us off on August 3. We had one night at Pop and were checking into YC. A good sized taxi was at Pop, so we took that rather than order an Uber. I told the driver we needed to go to YC and he drove. I was busy talking with my sister and her kids and didn't notice that the driver took us to BC instead of YC. We went through that whole exercise with the security guard at BC. I even gave him my name and he presumably looked up the reservation, found me and welcomed us home. We were dropped off with our bags and then I looked at the entry way and thought -- hey, this looks like BC. Anyway, we had to schlep our bags over to the YC -- not a big deal, but . . . How did the guard not see that we were at the wrong resort? It was a blip and not a big deal -- we're all ambulatory and it was my fault for not paying attention. Your story made me laugh though.

It might be a good idea for that timely reminder to ALWAYS check your charges when at Disney. The number of people reporting inaccurate or problematic charges is increasing.

One common scenario is that people who don't have a car are being charged for parking. This tends to happen when people arrive at the resort by Lyft or taxi or even in a friend's car. YOU DON'T NECESSARILY HAVE TO HAVE YOUR MAGIC BAND SCANNED OR CHECKED BY THE GUARD FOR THIS TO HAPPEN.

Even people who have only ridden Disney buses for their entire trip are reporting being charged for parking when they don't have a car.

If you don't find these mistakes, Disney gets your money. They are not self correcting to fix these errors. This means more ca$h for the insatiable Mouse, so why would they try to fix a problem that is making them money?

There are a number of ways to check your bill.
If you are still at the resort you can go to the front desk and request a print out of your charges. Expect a time lag where recent charges might not appear for a couple of hours, or in some cases days.

When checking out you can request a list of all charges be emailed to you.

You may be able to see charges in your My Disney Experience account. I'm not sure how to do that because I currently have no charges, and thus there are not any appearing on my account, so I don't know how to tell you where to find them. Perhaps someone else can map that out for us.

If you discover incorrect charges after you check out you can contact wdw.guest.communications@disneyworld.com and let them know. Be sure to provide all relevant documentation, and be sure to include your resort reservation number. It's best to correct false charges at the front desk of the resort but that is not always possible.

Finally, be prepared to spend a lot of time fixing this problem, either in person at the resort, or going back and forth by email with Disney. Don't give up however! Disney is counting on you to do just that so they get to keep your money. If that weren't true then these mistakes would not be escalating and measures would be put in place to PREVENT, CATCH and CORRECT them more easily as they happen.

Welcome to the NEW Di$ney Park$ experience.

~NM

It might be a good idea for that timely reminder to ALWAYS check your charges when at Disney. The number of people reporting inaccurate or problematic charges is increasing.

One common scenario is that people who don't have a car are being charged for parking. This tends to happen when people arrive at the resort by Lyft or taxi or even in a friend's car. YOU DON'T NECESSARILY HAVE TO HAVE YOUR MAGIC BAND SCANNED OR CHECKED BY THE GUARD FOR THIS TO HAPPEN.

Even people who have only ridden Disney buses for their entire trip are reporting being charged for parking when they don't have a car.

If you don't find these mistakes, Disney gets your money. They are not self correcting to fix these errors. This means more ca$h for the insatiable Mouse, so why would they try to fix a problem that is making them money?

If you are still at the resort you can go to the front desk and request a print out of your charges. Expect a time lag where recent charges might not appear for a couple of hours, or in some cases days.

You may be able to see charges in your My Disney Experience account. I'm not sure how to do that because I currently have no charges, and thus there are not any appearing on my account, so I don't know how to tell you where to find them. Perhaps someone else can map that out for us.

If you discover incorrect charges after you check out you can contact wdw.guest.communications@disneyworld.com and let them know. Be sure to provide all relevant documentation, and be sure to include your resort reservation number. It's best to correct false charges at the front desk of the resort but that is not always possible.

Finally, be prepared to spend a lot of time fixing this problem, either in person at the resort, or going back and forth by email with Disney. Don't give up however! Disney is counting on you to do just that so they get to keep your money. If that weren't true then these mistakes would not be escalating and measures would be put in place to PREVENT, CATCH and CORRECT them more easily as they happen.

~NM

They did not email me a list of final charges- nothing on My Disney Experience app showed charges- it only kept track of dining credits. We only found out about the $1600 charge because that cc sent us a notification- Disney’s ‘system’ showed no such charges at least the one used by front desk- seems there is a crafty way for charges to be submitted that bypasses one of their systems- I honestly wonder if a thief knows these bypasses and exploits them. Not out of the realm of possibility.

~NM

The charges section only appears in the Resort/Room Details section of the MDE app a day or two before checkin, and it disappears the day after/of checkout. It’s similar to the way the bus times link appears, and it’s in that same line of links you can scroll through.

If you have a split stay, you’ll have to look at the charges lists under both hotels, since the charges don’t automatically switch over from the old hotel to the new at checkin/out time.

And if you ask them to email you a list of charges, do it just before you leave, or keep track of any charges you make after they send the email. The emailed list is just the charges as of that second in time...

Page 1513-1517

Dee- will you please add us for August 2020 at the Beach Club? My countdown has already started! Can’t wait to be home again!:cool1:

Will do!

:woohoo:

I've been back for a week now and finally have a few minutes to post on this thread about our YC stay. In short, it was great and we had a fabulous time.

Thanks for the feedback about your trip!

:thumbsup2

ust back from 4 nights..everyone loved the BC!

Thanks so much for the review!

:goodvibes

Last edited:
Hi everyone. Thanks for the great information. We check-in on Friday for our first time at Yacht Club. We just booked a Garden View room for this trip. Is there a particular room request we should make at check-in? Thanks in advance for any advice.

Hi everyone. Thanks for the great information. We check-in on Friday for our first time at Yacht Club. We just booked a Garden View room for this trip. Is there a particular room request we should make at check-in? Thanks in advance for any advice.
If you check in this Friday then your room might have been assigned already. But the gazebo view is the one that you want if you have a garden view at YC. :)

Couple things I’ve learned this week during our stay. For those of you who know Raouf and love him sadly he’s no longer at the Y&B. After many years I heard today he is now at Port Orleans. My kids just loved him. And the crafts/ceramics they used to do are no more. We were looking forward to it but gone for now. Other than that truly wonderful stay and we are enjoying every minute!

Another question: So I'm finally ready to book my hotel and I was leaning towards the Beach Club just because it seems more "us" then the YC but the BC only has standard view left. However, the YC has a garden view (water view isn't available at either but I'm also too cheap to pay it. LOL) and this is our 1st stay at deluxe and while yes it's a short 3 night stay I've seen some of the bad standard view views at the BC so now I'm unsure which to pick!
UGH I'm so tired of my indecisiveness I'm getting on my own nerves! :headache: I thought maybe someone else's thoughts or opinions would help me.
I know we will likely love either but since I've talked my DH into a splurge I'd hate to have a really awful view. Maybe he won't care he's mostly interested in the hot tub at the quiet pool anyway!

I may have been incorrect. I have been corrected twice.
Sorry for misinformation

You weren't really incorrect. I've posted this before and might clear things up a bit.

My aunt was a housekeeper at WDW for 14 years and recently retired. The towel animals were always meant for guests to take home if they wanted. Therefore, the towels the housekeepers would use to make the animals were towels that were going to be taken out of "service" due to fraying, looking ragged etc. That's why they were not always left for guests because there had to be some that were going to be "retired". Not only did there need to be towels available to be made into animals, the housekeeper had to have the time to make them up. They were always meant to be something special, not expected. And as more and more guests started complaining that they are paying $$$ for the room or tipping $$$ and not getting towels animals every day, management decided to stop the practice. Though there still are some housekeepers that enjoy doing it so much that they will still do it. But as a whole, they are not encouraged to any longer. So if you do get some, enjoy. But don't expect them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter