Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Another question: So I'm finally ready to book my hotel and I was leaning towards the Beach Club just because it seems more "us" then the YC but the BC only has standard view left. However, the YC has a garden view (water view isn't available at either but I'm also too cheap to pay it. LOL) and this is our 1st stay at deluxe and while yes it's a short 3 night stay I've seen some of the bad standard view views at the BC so now I'm unsure which to pick!
UGH I'm so tired of my indecisiveness I'm getting on my own nerves! :headache: I thought maybe someone else's thoughts or opinions would help me.
I know we will likely love either but since I've talked my DH into a splurge I'd hate to have a really awful view. Maybe he won't care he's mostly interested in the hot tub at the quiet pool anyway!
My thought is why does the view matter? Will you really be in your room that much? I've never bothered to make a room request anywhere. I see people stressing over room location and views on these forums and I honestly don't get it - the view from a hotel room seems like such a minor part of the vacation. Pick the hotel you like the look of as a whole. :-)

My thought is why does the view matter? Will you really be in your room that much? I've never bothered to make a room request anywhere. I see people stressing over room location and views on these forums and I honestly don't get it - the view from a hotel room seems like such a minor part of the vacation. Pick the hotel you like the look of as a whole. :-)
I get what you are saying that view is minor compared to a lot of things, but I do find that my rooms with amazing views give me more warm and fuzzies in my memories. I have said on this thread before. I love, love, love my YC water view. Our first trip was garden at YC. It was fine. My Crescent Lake view is always amazing.

I have only had standard view at AKL. The 1st time I don’t remember anything; we had a 1br at Kidani. Last January we had a peekaboo savanna/wide rooftop view at Jambo. I will never choose standard again at AKL, but I wouldn’t let availability keep me from going.

ETA. I hit post early accidentally.

Last edited:
Does anyone have any experience/knowledge about box fans at YC? Wondering if they would have one if we requested it.

Another question: So I'm finally ready to book my hotel and I was leaning towards the Beach Club just because it seems more "us" then the YC but the BC only has standard view left. However, the YC has a garden view (water view isn't available at either but I'm also too cheap to pay it. LOL) and this is our 1st stay at deluxe and while yes it's a short 3 night stay I've seen some of the bad standard view views at the BC so now I'm unsure which to pick!
UGH I'm so tired of my indecisiveness I'm getting on my own nerves! :headache: I thought maybe someone else's thoughts or opinions would help me.
I know we will likely love either but since I've talked my DH into a splurge I'd hate to have a really awful view. Maybe he won't care he's mostly interested in the hot tub at the quiet pool anyway!
I believe that the Standard View rooms at the BC are the worst Standard View on property. It will be a roof top or a parking lot. Only you can decide if that matters to you

You weren't really incorrect. I've posted this before and might clear things up a bit.

My aunt was a housekeeper at WDW for 14 years and recently retired. The towel animals were always meant for guests to take home if they wanted. Therefore, the towels the housekeepers would use to make the animals were towels that were going to be taken out of "service" due to fraying, looking ragged etc. That's why they were not always left for guests because there had to be some that were going to be "retired". Not only did there need to be towels available to be made into animals, the housekeeper had to have the time to make them up. They were always meant to be something special, not expected. And as more and more guests started complaining that they are paying $$$ for the room or tipping $$$ and not getting towels animals every day, management decided to stop the practice. Though there still are some housekeepers that enjoy doing it so much that they will still do it. But as a whole, they are not encouraged to any longer. So if you do get some, enjoy. But don't expect them.
Thanks @dansdad That is exactly how I remember it too. I really felt badly if I was posting misinformation

Does anyone have any experience/knowledge about box fans at YC? Wondering if they would have one if we requested it.

Yes, they have box fans. I was there earlier this month and requested one. It was delivered immediately (we were CL, so that might have had something to do with the speed). I've stayed there three other times -- twice "regular" and they've always brought fans for me. I always ask if I need to be there to receive it and they tell me I do not, but just don't put the DND sign on the door.

Hi everyone, next month will be out first time at BC. We have a garden view room. If we want to be as close as possible to SAB do I request "close to lobby" on my room request?

Yes, they have box fans. I was there earlier this month and requested one. It was delivered immediately (we were CL, so that might have had something to do with the speed). I've stayed there three other times -- twice "regular" and they've always brought fans for me. I always ask if I need to be there to receive it and they tell me I do not, but just don't put the DND sign on the door.

Thank you!!! We have a small travel fan but if I don't have to pack it that would be great-save some room in the luggage for other stuff.

Did you call housekeeping or request it at the front desk?

That is hands down my bfs favourite place in all WDW as he loves the Indiana Jones and Rocketeer memorabilia so we will be there at least two evenings! What’s your sons name and we will keep an eye out?
...his name is Dylan. He had been in training and passed his assessments and was able to remove his "Earning My Ears" off his tag. His 'official' start was last Monday. [He usually works on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Wednesdays - he works elsewhere [non-WDW location] the other days...]

enhance

We do actually spend quite a bit of time on balcony in the early am and evenings, sitting and watching the “world” go by is one of our favorite things so to us the view does matter. YMMV

I believe that the Standard View rooms at the BC are the worst Standard View on property. It will be a roof top or a parking lot. Only you can decide if that matters to you
Yes that's what I was seeing and reading about and I'm not sure I want to spend $400 a night and be excited about opening that door to my room and seeing a horrible rooftop view. I really wish garden view was available still at BC though.

Yes that's what I was seeing and reading about and I'm not sure I want to spend $400 a night and be excited about opening that door to my room and seeing a horrible rooftop view. I really wish garden view was available still at BC though.
I say give YC a try! I cannot compare as we never stayed BC, but even with a 6 year old YC has never disappointed.

We’ve booked a standard room at BC twice and both times, we had nice views. The first time, I believe we were upgraded to a water view, so that technically doesn’t count. But the second time, we overlooked the back entrance to BC, with a partial view of Bay Lake! It was a million miles from the elevator, but a nice view 😊

Do you know if that’s the case with YC as well? I chose standard forever ago thinking we wouldn’t spend much time in the room. If it’s awful I might just se if I can upgrade to garden if they have room.

[
Thank you!!! We have a small travel fan but if I don't have to pack it that would be great-save some room in the luggage for other stuff.

Did you call housekeeping or request it at the front desk?
[/QUOTE]

I always ask for a fan (Both BC and YC, regular room and CL). You call housekeeping and they will bring it right up :)

I think for some trips and some people view and frankly resort type isn't as important. I totally used to be in that camp when my kids were younger and we weren't in the room too much- hence why we stayed in values. When we believed they were old enough to appreciate a nicer resort we booked CSR as a surprise- the looks on their faces when we pulled up was priceless, and they just got better during the whole stay! Our first deluxe was AKL and while I booked a standard view with the same thought in mind about view, we got upgraded to a savannah view- and I was hooked! I mean, how can you beat waking up the giraffes out your window and animals to watch every morning while sitting on your balcony? When we stay there again I will definitely be booking an animal view! The river and gardens views at POR and POFQ are gorgeous, though I wouldn't turn down standard. When DH and I stayed at BWI for our anniversary I booked a standard view thinking how bad can it be? Then when we were walking in to check-in I saw how lots faced the parking lot and were really close- not what I really was expecting but it would be ok. Somehow we were upgraded to a garden view- and we were top floor with a view out to Epcot (what? I can see the Eiffel Tower every day?). One of the things we enjoyed most was relaxing at the end of the night and watching and listening to Illuminations while sitting on our balcony with dessert and champagne about every night.
Long story short, I don't think a view can break a trip, but I can sure make it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter