Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

We currently have a club level reservation booked for Thanksgiving week At the Boardwalk. I really don’t see how club level will happen this year so we were thinking about booking a standard view room at the Beach club. Does anyone have any experience with these rooms? I’m sure the view is not that great. We have stayed at the Boardwalk and Yacht club, but not Beach.

Sorry it has taken me so long to

:welcome:

you to this thread.

Thanks, @Dave006 for suggesting what will happen with bookings for club level guests in the near future.

If you would like to see a sample of views from Standard View Rooms at the Beach Club, you can check out the BC Room View thread where people have provided pictures:

https://www.disboards.com/threads/beach-club-room-views.3057904/
Let us know if you book here.

:thumbsup2

Yikes :eek: Disney is currently installing tall chain link fencing along the back side of the Yacht Club resort. We are staying at the Boardwalk Villas and can see and hear them across Crescent Lake installing the fencing.

:welcome: to posting on this thread and thank you for the info. I have not seen pictures of the chain link by the Yacht Club. ICK!

>:(

Hi Dee,
Whenever you are updating the list could you take our May 3-13 2021 trip off :sad:
and our September trip dates are now 9/28/21 to 10/8/21 Yacht Club, Club Level :dance3:
Thank You :flower3:

Probably not. I’m not even convinced resort will be open, it’s middle of first round of playoffs!

The teams staying at the YC & GF are not expected to make the actual playoffs. The plan is to consolidate the remaining teams at GDT as the rounds of play eliminate teams. Those teams eliminated will leave, and if any of the lower ranked teams staying at YC & GF should happen to do well enough to make the final rounds.. they get billeted at GTD for the time they remain, until they’re eliminated.

The teams staying at the YC & GF are not expected to make the actual playoffs. The plan is to consolidate the remaining teams at GDT as the rounds of play eliminate teams. Those teams eliminated will leave, and if any of the lower ranked teams staying at YC & GF should happen to do well enough to make the final rounds.. they get billeted at GTD for the time they remain, until they’re eliminated.
Can you post a source to that? I seem people posting that a lot and just figure it’s an assumption? Also the top team is voicing displeasure with GTD already so I feel anything can change!

How long do you think Disney needs to turn the rooms over - waiting period before cleaning, swapping beds back, etc?

Can you post a source to that? I seem people posting that a lot and just figure it’s an assumption? Also the top team is voicing displeasure with GTD already so I feel anything can change!

How long do you think Disney needs to turn the rooms over - waiting period before cleaning, swapping beds back, etc?

That’s what I was guessing, a blogger not at Disney ... like I said earlier with the date, it seems to contradict itself ... maybe he meant if a team staying at GF/YC makes the playoffs they’ll be asked to move. because the playoffs will have just started. OUAT15 check out the schedule - your post (if any of the lower ranked teams staying at YC & GF should happen to do well enough to make the final rounds) doesn’t really align with what could happen as it’s not matter of later rounds, it’s the first round (start). Now Disney allowing bookings so hopefully they really will boot the nba lol

Will Stormalong Bay be open by August 24th?

We don't know.

People who have talked to the call centers have been told that it will, but take that with whatever certainty you think it merits.

I wouldn't put money on it either way.

:fish:

That’s what I was guessing, a blogger not at Disney ... like I said earlier with the date, it seems to contradict itself ... maybe he meant if a team staying at GF/YC makes the playoffs they’ll be asked to move. because the playoffs will have just started. OUAT15 check out the schedule - your post (if any of the lower ranked teams staying at YC & GF should happen to do well enough to make the final rounds) doesn’t really align with what could happen as it’s not matter of later rounds, it’s the first round (start). Now Disney allowing bookings so hopefully they really will boot the nba lol

Not quite a blogger.
Keith Smith is a sports writer at Yahoo sports and ESPN. (Among others) He is also a “Disney insider”... he has worked for Disney since 2000 as a Manager of Labor and training. I’m guessing his connections at the company run deep after 20 years. I’ve followed him on twitter for awhile now for his NBA knowledge and opinions and his accuracy rate is excellent.

Not quite a blogger.

Nice! His twitter profile does say he is a blogger though and looking for full time employment with a link to a suspended yahoo account ;)

The tweet you quote is factually wrong though and like I suggested earlier just looking at the schedule shows that. So just trying to reconcile the tweets and dates.

We’re at BCV August 1 and we usually use Minnie Vans from the airport and also when we go to MK or AK. So far they’re unavailable so does anyone have recommendations on what we should do? We don’t really want to wait for busses so should we do just regular Uber or what? Thanks in advance! I wish they’d open up the Minnie Vans but I’m sure they’re waiting awhile.

So far they’re unavailable so does anyone have recommendations on what we should do? We don’t really want to wait for busses so should we do just regular Uber or what? Thanks in advance!

well since you’re familiar with Lyft already to order Minnie vans, I’d just stick with that app and just order regular car. They’re pretty easy for pickup and drop off and a lot nicer on the wallet unless you have multiple young kids or a big family lol.

Nice! His twitter profile does say he is a blogger though and looking for full time employment with a link to a suspended yahoo account ;)

The tweet you quote is factually wrong though and like I suggested earlier just looking at the schedule shows that. So just trying to reconcile the tweets and dates.

I checked his Linkedin Profile before posting just in case I had it wrong.. I had been told his background by someone on one of the many boards/forums I follow. That tweet I posted was written early in June, maybe as things solidified they changed 🤷🏻‍♀️

well since you’re familiar with Lyft already to order Minnie vans, I’d just stick with that app and just order regular car. They’re pretty easy for pickup and drop off and a lot nicer on the wallet unless you have multiple young kids or a big family lol.
Ok thank you! I didn’t know which was best with Uber vs Lyft. We live in a small town so we don’t have them here to know lol

We’re at BCV August 1 and we usually use Minnie Vans from the airport and also when we go to MK or AK. So far they’re unavailable so does anyone have recommendations on what we should do? We don’t really want to wait for busses so should we do just regular Uber or what? Thanks in advance! I wish they’d open up the Minnie Vans but I’m sure they’re waiting awhile.

Airport transport: Uber, Lyft, Tiffany Towncar, FL Tours. Some people like Tony Hinds; see below for @natebenma thoughts and @Lalabubbles thoughts.

Resort to park transport: Uber or Lyft. In the past we said go to Contemporary and walk from there to get to MK rather than drop off at TTC; not sure if that still works these days.

Have both Uber and Lyft on your phone. Check both for price and how quickly ride will arrive.

Last edited:
Probably not. I’m not even convinced resort will be open, it’s middle of first round of playoffs!
As reported on this site [link attached and excerpt of key dates] Disney is taking reservations for BC/YC with check-in dates beginning 8/24. I know I'm going out on a limb here, but I find it hard to believe that they would not have SAB open with reservations available at both the BC and YC.

https://www.wdwinfo.com/news-storie...p-to-40-on-disney-resort-hotels-in-september/
Disney’s Beach Club Resort – reopening August 24
Disney’s Contemporary Resort – reopening July 10
Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa – reopening September 21
Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort – reopening August 12
Disney’s Yacht Club Resort – reopening August 24
40%​

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter