Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

I’m sorry- I tried to search but I had no luck. Someone was asking about a YC water view with 2 queen beds, wheelchair accessible, and a roll in shower a few weeks ago. I was wondering if you had already been and how was the room? We have that as our reservation the end of October, and I was wondering what area of the resort the room was located. I searched accessible, water view, and roll in in various configurations with no luck. Thanks.

So with the Cabana placement, does it really suck for the Yacht Club guest? Is the entrance there blocked?

Nobody really knows, personally I think you’d be fine.
I am getting the vibe that they will not let the BWV use SAB because of the Covid. That is the only reason I think it may not go down. I wonder how many people they are allowing in the pool or pool area at a time? Anyone have any good info or tips with this?

I am getting the vibe that they will not let the BWV use SAB because of the Covid. That is the only reason I think it may not go down. I wonder how many people they are allowing in the pool or pool area at a time? Anyone have any good info or tips with this?

I meant the other part of the question ... about miserable time and how busy exactly it will be :) I think someone could just call and ask about BWV if really concerned and a deciding factor.

I meant the other part of the question ... about miserable time and how busy exactly it will be :) I think someone could just call and ask about BWV if really concerned and a deciding factor.
It would be a deciding factor to me, but the kids are already so hyped up about going, I guess it no longer would be.

So with the Cabana placement, does it really suck for the Yacht Club guest? Is the entrance there blocked?
I'm not sure if I fully understand your question, but none of the typical SAB entrances [4 in total, pre COVID] are used/blocked exclusively for the cabanas. There is a separate entrance for cabana guests just off the walkway around crescent lake. There are only 4 cabanas so the volume and disruption are negligible for other guests IMO. There is no impact to the Yacht club resort back entrance either, if that's the entrance you were referring to.

I'm not sure if I fully understand your question, but none of the typical SAB entrances [4 in total, pre COVID] are used/blocked exclusively for the cabanas. There is a separate entrance for cabana guests just off the walkway around crescent lake. There are only 4 cabanas so the volume and disruption are negligible for other guests IMO. There is no impact to the Yacht club resort back entrance either, if that's the entrance you were referring to.
Ok, I will look more closely. It has been like seven years since we stayed at the Yacht.

The 4 cabanas are located in the corner of SAB that is closest to the marina. They are in an area that was rarely used and doesn't reduce seating or otherwise impact SAB. :)

CMs are t going to touch your bottles and they’re not going to let you use the machine. You’ll just need to ask for more cups and fill your own bottle.

This exactly. If you need to fill a water bottle, you should ask for multiple cups of water to get it done. They won't take back any cup that you have already touched and they won't touch any of your personal water bottles.

Obviously, all this is subject to change over the next few months.

Is anyone there now? How have crowds been at SAB today?
Just getting ready to check out before heading to the Poly. No lines to get into SAB midday Friday or Saturday. Plenty of room to social distance. It Looked a little more crowded Friday night after the parks closed but still plenty of room. Last night started raining around 8, no lightning so pool was still open but pretty empty.

Yep....she is about 26-27. Long naturally wavy/curly hair. ALWAYS went the extra mile...she is also one of the most giving persons I know with an incredible heart for others. She was our waitress one trip, but 3 trips later we are honored to call her a family friend. She is no longer employed by Disney :( Just sent her a message to let her know you guys have mentioned her...she loved her job and it showed in everything she did. She exemplified so much about Disney customer service.
I am so so so sorry to hear that. We felt the same way. In fact I have her cell number and just reached out. Our last trip with her was last October. She absolutely always went the extra mile. We even slipped her a tip when we were taking a table and not ordering.

I read on two blogs dated 07/24/2020 that all public showers at Walt Disney World are closed until further notice. This includes showers at fitness centers and pool restrooms. Note that this was not from an official Disney source, and blogs are not always accurate.
I can speak from personal experience from our stay at Copper Creek Villas in August. There was a sign posted on the door of the showers by the pool bathroom that said closed for safety reasons. I assumed that was Disney Wide and posted such at the time. I subsequently confirmed with a cast member that the public showers are definitely closed Disney property wide.

I asked today at the Market at Ale & Compass, and the CM said that they will give out cups of ice water. When I asked about refilling water bottles, she repeated that they give cups of ice water. Sorry that’s not a very exact answer. Hopefully some one here can chime in with a first hand experience filling their bottle.
My guess is that they will give you a cup of water and you pour it into your water bottle. But I am not speaking from first-hand experience.
CMs are t going to touch your bottles and they’re not going to let you use the machine. You’ll just need to ask for more cups and fill your own bottle.

Right, they can't take anything back across the table from you. They give it to you in a cup and you can pour it into your mug.

I wanted to mention - there's now a water bottle refill station inside SAB next to hurricane Hannas (its inside the premesis by the women's bathroom). It was probably installed for the life guards mainly but it's there for anyone to use. It replaced one of the 2 regular water fountains.

Is walking up at Beaches & Cream a possibility? We love the burgers there but I couldn’t get ADRs this time. (Our trip is in Nov and I tried to get reservations on a couple different days for 5 people and had no luck. I have touring plans watching for it.)

Yes it’s possible. There’s also a new feature in the app to reserve walk up seating with an estimate of when to arrive (example one hour). Should be easy to do on an Epcot day as you get ready to leave in the afternoon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!