Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

It is hit and miss. I would suggest at least making an ADR the night before. I found that even though there are open tables, they sometimes make you wait, unless you have an ADR. At the least, I would try to make an ADR when you wake up, the morning you want to dine there. Not knowing what the new normal will be in September, there is a good possibility that capacity will be limited, vs. the normal capacity of earlier, this year.
I never thought about making an ADR the same day, but that sounds like a great idea. When you walk up, they have no idea how far in advance a reservation was made. And that way, you don't run the risk of being charged a fee if you have to change your plans.

I never thought about making an ADR the same day, but that sounds like a great idea. When you walk up, they have no idea how far in advance a reservation was made. And that way, you don't run the risk of being charged a fee if you have to change your plans.

In 2018 I was at Wilderness Lodge and wanted to eat lunch at Whispering Canyon Cafe. I didn't want to be turned away or made to wait because I did not have a reservation, so I made a reservation and then went to the restaurant immediately. When I got to the restaurant, they could not find my reservation. They said it was not in the system yet. The cast member told me that the system only refreshes every 15 minutes. I was concerned that the system would consider me a no-show because I was seated before my reservation appeared, so I wasn't checked in as being there for my reservation. I did not have a problem, but if I were to make a same day reservation again I would do it at least 30 minutes ahead.

Trip update
We are still booked for YC 7/31-8/8.
I have booked pre park opening breakfast everyday except one for the parks we are booking fastpasses for. I also booked 1/2 day cabana rentals for multi days to ensure we get pool time.They are currently booking cabanas because I called today. I am sure all of this is overkill but I only have a short timeframe before my daughters head to college, it’s our girls only trip.
I really want Epcot to be open . (Deal breaker if closed) .I also am hoping to still park hop( wishful thinking I know).

With that said....... I am seriously putting thought into booking a back up trip to Universal if Disney doesn’t start announcing info soon.

Last edited:
Page 1622-1625

Attempting to catch up here...

Hi Dee! Can you add us to the November/December list? We will be there from 11/26 to 12/3. We were going to do CBR but decided to return to BC instead. Fingers crossed we get to go! 🤞

Will do!

:goodvibes

I was wondering about that!

:welcome: to the thread and thanks for posting.

:thumbsup2

@natebenma can you remove our Be our Guest entry for Dec 17-23rd? We were able to book our home resort of CCV prior to our 7 month window opening - we'll stay at BCV one of these trips!!

Thanks!

Have a fantastic trip- see you back here sometime!

::yes::

I wonder what club level food options will look like. No buffet spreads for sure. They will definitely need to think outside the box.

:welcome: to posting on the thread.

Looks like you have a trip planned in Jan. I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15.

:cool1:

We are booked for 4/15/21 - 4/23/21! We had to reschedule our trip from this past April that had been cancelled. It will be our first time staying at the Beach Club!

Got it!

:thumbsup2

I plan on calling this week to book a standard room at BC for July of 2021. Can anyone recommend any good locations to request or maybe which floor is best. It has been so many years since we stayed here, I don't remember much.

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list for next year.

In addition to touring plans, we have a Beach Club Room Views thread with a sample of views provided by guests. I'll link it here.

Beach Club Room Views

As far as requests, if you aren't aware, only 50% of the rooms at the Beach Club have a full balcony, so if that is important to you, make that a priority request.

:woohoo:

Called reservations. Surprised no wait.

I just booked the deluxe room at bc!!

Is there any sort of request I should put? As far as floor, etc?

:welcome: to the thread!!!

I'll add you to the list.

:dogdance:

I see you have already booked a room, just wanted to say I rented points through an owner, should be there at BCV now. Owner was able to reschedule me in Oct, consecutive with a David's rental I have but who knows if that will happen either. I did not have to pay for it all at once with an owner rental, it was 2 installments. I think it is probably wiser to go through Disney like you did.

I'm glad the owner you booked through was able to work with you to reschedule. I'll put you on the list for October.

:goodvibes

Question on Ale & Compass breakfast - is an ADR required, or have guests had success just walking up and getting a table? We'll be there in Sept post-Labor Day and I'm trying to keep our plans fluid for park/eating plans but really want to try it one morning so willing to make an early ADR if necessary but would prefer not to.

Which resort are you staying at? BC/YC/BCV or somewhere else.

Everyone has given you excellent advice about breakfast reservations at Ale & Compass.

:cool2:

Last edited:

I have updated the Be Our Guest list. Please take a moment to see if I have your information listed correctly.

I have not touched the June entries, although I know that some or all of the reservations for next month are being cancelled or changed.

Post 15: Be Our Guest List

:grouphug:

I wonder if occupancy at the Disney resorts will be limited, when the resorts reopen. If so, that could affect room requests. I also wonder how Cape May would serve guests, as there is talk of buffets being severely affected, due to concerns of contamination.

Another unknown is SAB. Will it be open? If so, will there be limitations on the number of guests using it at a time? What about face coverings there?

With all of the life-changing effects caused by the virus, these matters can seem so trivial. However, for many, a visit to WDW can be a trip for which they have dreamed and saved for a very long time. Others have planned the trip to celebrate a one-time special occasion.

There are so many unknowns. No matter how Disney addresses the issues, there are bound to be unhappy guests.

I wonder if occupancy at the Disney resorts will be limited, when the resorts reopen. If so, that could affect room requests. I also wonder how Cape May would serve guests, as there is talk of buffets being severely affected, due to concerns of contamination.

Another unknown is SAB. Will it be open? If so, will there be limitations on the number of guests using it at a time? What about face coverings there?

With all of the life-changing effects caused by the virus, these matters can seem so trivial. However, for many, a visit to WDW can be a trip for which they have dreamed and saved for a very long time. Others have planned the trip to celebrate a one-time special occasion.

There are so many unknowns. No matter how Disney addresses the issues, there are bound to be unhappy guests.

Just going off of Universal's opening, since they're opening Volcano Bay, I gotta assume the pool will be open at Disney. They're not requiring facemasks while in the pool/attractions, but everywhere else you do.

WWYD? How much extra space is there in a BC or YC room vs BCV studio?

I’m booked for a BCV studio 7/7-14 traveling with DH, DD19 and DS18. We originally had more space in a 1bedroom at OKW, but opted for location and pool when it became available at our price point.

My family is used to staying in smaller rooms if needed. We are planning on DH & I in the queen, DS on the pullout and DD at 5’2” on the little bed.

I could book a YC garden view for $265 more or a BC garden view for $180 more. Standards are also available, but DH would not like a standard view. he also wants a balcony. Is it worth the $ for a puffier room? Are the villas “to far” from the lobby & pool?

Regarding room requests, we were planning on asking for close to lobby and high floor. Other considerations?

Just going off of Universal's opening, since they're opening Volcano Bay, I gotta assume the pool will be open at Disney. They're not requiring facemasks while in the pool/attractions, but everywhere else you do.

I wonder about the pool capacity . We are skipping club level for our August trip and used that money to secure multiple 1/2 cabana rentals at SAB. I figured spending 1/2 day at a cabana would ensure we get pool time .

Wait, what? What are your dates? This is the first we’ve heard of July being cancelled.
Looking back through the thread it looks like 21 to 31 July and I think @Pinkgirl is from the U.K. so maybe booked through U.K. TA. I don’t know whether that makes a difference.

PS. I think booked with Virgin and they have cancelled flights.

Last edited:
Hi! I don’t know if I wrote this earlier but we were able to reschedule this past cancelled April trip to next April! 4/15/21 - 4/23/21. We had rented points for this past trip and of course the one time we don’t pay cab rates is the one trip where a global pandemic occurs - luckily we rented from the rental boards here and our owner couldn’t have been more helpful! However it appears that DVC reallocated points in 2021 and we were able to add one more night for almost the same price! So we will be staying for 8 nights instead of 7!

We are staying in a 2BR at BCV. Looking forward to reaching a time when we can just discuss WDW planning!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!