Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Sorry Dee but since the YC / BC don't open until Aug. 24th. I doubt we will have an activity schedule until next month. That is unless someone gets something specific from the BCV.

Dave

We were supposed to be staying here today, enjoying the 4th of July activities at YC/BC and watching the fireworks in Epcot. :(
Sorry you didn’t have the holiday you planned but I hope you managed to enjoy the day 😊
So, I'll ask...

Has anyone seen a resorts activity calendar for the Yacht & Beach Club?

I haven't checked any online sources yet.

:cool2:
Brave lady! Your asking made me laugh a little so thanks for that. Does sound like they are doing somethings at the pool in the afternoon :thumbsup2

Sorry Dee but since the YC / BC don't open until Aug. 24th. I doubt we will have an activity schedule until next month. That is unless someone gets something specific from the BCV.

Dave

Thanks!

I won't look too hard, then.

:magnify:

Transportation News:

Disney has announced the dates that various modes of transportation will start operating throughout the World:

Monorail and Ferry boats: Tuesday July 7
If I am interpreting this correctly, this just refers to the 2 ferry boats that travel between the TTC and MK. I have not seen any news about the MK resort boats or the EP/HS resort boats. Does anyone know a date these boats will resume, or whether a bus will be available to Hollywood Studios (and/or EPCOT) for those staying at BCV?

Skyliner: Wednesday July 15
Coinciding with the re-opening of EPCOT and Hollywood Studios

Bus Info:
This was posted by Bill Hogan, a WDW bus driver who provides a lot of useful information to DISBoards on Facebook:

Okay, so here is a quick run down of the new bus protocols:

1. New capacity is 25 guests maximum.
  2. There are 6 seating zones on the buses. If a zone is occupied by one person it is considered filled.
  3. Seating order is at the bus drivers discretion. Most drivers will board through the front door and seat from the rear of the bus forward.
  4. At the load zones the bus driver will assign groups a zone to sit in based on the number of guests in a party. A party is considered at least one person. Larger groups (more than 5) will occupy multiple zones
  5. Unloading will be through the front and back doors.
  6. Guests needing assistance will be boarded through the rear door.
  7. Scooters/wheelchairs are limited to one per bus unless there are two people traveling together in the same party. The limit of guests in the party with the guests needing assistance is still 6.
  8. There will be no standing on the buses.
  9. Mask must be worn to board the bus and remain on at all times.
  10. Buses will be sanitized multiple times throughout the day for the driver and guests safety.
  11. If you have questions feel free to ask your driver
    🙂

Welcome back!

🚍🚝 🚡

That’s awesome. Have a great trip and please report back in how it is and what’s opened around the resort, etc.
just saw that friendship boats are back at the end of July. 😀

Page 1643

Still trying to catch up...

:sad2:

After a switch from AKL to BC yesterday....we will be back Nov1-5. I realized this morning we were there those same dates 4 years ago.

:welcome: back!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

:cool1:

Please remove me from BOG list
We are now CR GV.

I know this whole process has been difficult for you. Wishing your family a wonderful trip.

:-)

Finally rescheduled our April trip to February!
Please add me to BOG list for YC Feb 28 to March 6! Hooray! 😁😁😁

Great!

I'll add you.

:thumbsup2

Rescheduled our July 2020 trip to January 29-February 2, 2021 This morning. YC GV, because of course, that’s the best. ;-) SAB has got to be open by then.

Now if only some of these trips would actually get to take place...

I'm so glad you have YC on your dance card. Hope it sticks!

::yes::

Hi Dee! We changed our November/December 2020 trip to February 2021. Can you fix us on the BOG list? 🙂

Will do!

:dogdance:

Can you please add us to the BOG list? We will be at Beach Club for the first time from 11/20 - 11/28. So hope SAB is open by then as I know our kids will love it!

:welcome: to the thread!

I'll add you to the list.

We should certainly know in the coming months about the status of SAB.

:woohoo:

So I just got moved from BWI to a 1 bedroom BCV (Aug 8-13). My choices were extremely limited. :(
Do they allow cot requests? There are 5 of us, DD25 will share king with her 2 little ones. Sharing the pullout with my 8 yr old is not enticing...

:welcome:

I'll put you on the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15.

I don't know if anyone answered your question about cots. I am not an expert on the villas so I hope so, but I don't think that cots are provided for any of the villas. I recall remembering discussions about people bringing inflatable beds during their stays.

I stayed with friends at Saratoga Springs in a 1 Bedroom villa. I am petite, 5 feet tall, and I put the cushions on the floor in a corner by the door and made myself a comfy bed. I'll post a picture in a few minutes.

insert picture

:cool2:

Sadly we've decided to switch our 2021 trip from 3 weeks YC in July to 10 days CBR in July. We thought that with things possibly not being 100% back to normal we'd wait until July 2022 before we do the big YC 3 week stay. Could you change us on you BOG list please.

Will do!

Wishing you a trip in 2021 and a fabulously magical trip in July 2022.

Shall I pencil you in for that one or are you superstitious?

:goodvibes

We're baaaaaaack!
So excited to say we can officially be added back to the Be Our Guest list here! After originally being at YC in April, we had to change to Sept. but nothing was available so we went with CSR-DT. Now that's not opening until Oct. so I called to see what we could get and got a great deal on BC with a garden/woods view for our dates! We will be there Sept. 13-20 celebrating my retirement from my 1st job after 22 years. After all the craziness going on and how much I have been working during the pandemic at my new job I am so looking forward to getting away to the Disney bubble with DH, even with the restrictions.
Not sure if this is accurate, but the CM I spoke to said that on her end it shows Stormalong Bay will not be open until Aug. 24th when the entire YC/BC opens. Of course that could change...

:welcome: back!!!

Got it!

Congrats on your upcoming retirement.

:flower1:

Last edited:
Rumor has it that the Canada/US border closure will be extended past July 21, so things aren’t looking good for our August trip, the one that got moved to BWV since the NBA’ers are hogging all the YC rooms. Once it’s official, I’ll likely just modify the dates and add a trip for Feb/Mar 2021. As each trip gets cancelled, I seem to be just rescheduling it to the next “open” month without a trip. At some point, I’ll be able to actually take one of these trips, but in the meantime the hopeful planning is keeping me sane.

On the bright side of things, however, I saved $216 by switching my September YC GV from a bounceback to the new AP discount. Money thus saved, I also booked a backup trip, YC GV November 13-18, just in case my September trip gets pooched too. Gotta love retirement and a supportive DH...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!