No zombies here, just 10+ years of trip reports!!!

Had some time to kill before the next FP+, so I went over to get a Dole Whip float. We left the dds to get ice cream and do whatever else they wanted. Perhaps a trial run for future visit.

WP_20170406_15_59_46_Pro.jpg

Back to Dumbo FP+.

WP_20170406_16_42_38_Pro.jpg

Mad Hatter FP+.

WP_20170406_11_44_05_Pro.jpg

Adding FP+ with phone isn't difficult. And, I can see a strategy of getting them real early and then continually adding one on during the day. I liked the old system of hoarding fp and lumping/ touring rides with a purpose in the parks. This way, I didn't have to walk from Splash to Space Mountain. However, the new system wto get more will require a need to walk further or adjust for rides that are closer.

Last edited:
We rode a boat to the Poly for dinner. I like those boat rides.

WP_20170406_17_21_37_Pro.jpg

The boat is nice too.

zboat.jpg

Then, a nice dinner at Kona. Of course, we each had to get the lapu lapu - a drink so nice they named it twice.

zlapu.jpg

Kona is one of our favorites at WDW, and it seems like a must do each trip.

Last edited:
We are going to leave later than normal tomorrow, around 3:00 PM, and see if that helps with traffic.

Some other thoughts new to this trip. First, if you hurt your back, rest it. I tweeked it Wednesday just picking up something light. I managed to suck it up for three days in the park, but would have been better off just using a heating pad/resting one day and then going the next two.

Next, there was a lot missing. The water spray pirate at beginning of Pirates of Caribbean, the moving sidewalk up to People Mover not going, voice at TSM, and a few others.

Also, Splash Mountain shut down, Test Track shut down,and ride times were different on app than what is posted. On 7DMT, CMs divided up the FP line into different sections, with the fp people behind me getting on the ride first. Then, they yelled (not nicely) about if you see the floor to move forward.

All these are minor issues, but when park capacity is a 7 and it's hot, they become magnified. It seems like many resorts have been added and not many new rides over the years.

7DMT fp+. I do like using the acronyms someone came up with on the Disboards.

photo

This is my 2nd time riding this, and I still don't get the appeal. It is as small as the Barnstormer, lasts less time than Dumbo, and has a 120 minute wait. :scared1:

I liked the old Snow White ride better as well. And, yes, Get off my lawn! I know the other wasn't a roller coaster, but this isn't much of one either.

I have been on 7DMT a few times - the first time we waited an eternity. The next time had a FP.
7DMT is a lot of tight turns and a very short ride.

Hope the back is feeling better !

We made it home, after a 15 hour drive. It was start/ stop traffic for an hour on Florida parkway. Oldest was car sick and vomited. Thankfully, I have ziploc bags in the car for such an occasion. So, we took a detour through Florida state roads up through Alabama and missed the stop and go. It was a scenic, but long ride. I have already looked at fights for next year. :lmao:

Oldest car sick - thankful for the bags for sure. Glad you all had a safe trip home.
We live too far for us to handle driving unless we had lots of time.

We love the SW non-stop flights (2 bags free).

When is the next trip ?

Thanks for your TR !

If you find out where the Evil Queen shirt came from please let me know.

Oldest car sick - thankful for the bags for sure. Glad you all had a safe trip home.
We live too far for us to handle driving unless we had lots of time.

We love the SW non-stop flights (2 bags free).

When is the next trip ?

Thanks for your TR !

If you find out where the Evil Queen shirt came from please let me know.

We are looking at SouthWest flights out of Louisville or Nashville next year. We have Allegiant closer, but I hear and read bad stuff about their flights.

We are going to the Poly for a few days this summer after a few days in Atlanta. So, we will need to drive this time. No parks in July - just the Poly.

As for the shirt, she said she ordered it online, but didn't remember where.

When you said the parks were at "7" for crowds, what crowd predictor apps/sites are you using?

Glad you had a great trip! Im feeling really stressed about my upcoming trip in 14 days: crowds, heat, baby issues.....must be a "grandma" worrying thing :confused: I can't ever remember feeling like this before about a Disney trip.

When you said the parks were at "7" for crowds, what crowd predictor apps/sites are you using?

Glad you had a great trip! Im feeling really stressed about my upcoming trip in 14 days: crowds, heat, baby issues.....must be a "grandma" worrying thing :confused: I can't ever remember feeling like this before about a Disney trip.

Undercover Tourist. You should be ok in 14 days because you will miss Easter.

Hello from another trip to WDW. This time, it's the Poly. Never stayed here before.

WP_20170719_19_02_11_Pro (2).jpg

We are all the way out in Pago Pago, which translates to bad DVC standard view use of points. No parks this trip. Just a few days at the Poly to check it out.

We checked in and DW did laundry from our last few days in Atlanta. While washing/ drying, we toured the resort. I have to admit i like the hotel style of BWV and BLT better. We are at Captain Cook's, watches the new Happily Ever After fireworks, and then over to Trader Sam's outdoor for some drinks.

WP_20170719_21_33_41_Pro (2).jpg

We split at Uh-oa! Yes, it was on fire. I missed Wishes. The new show is ok, and does include some of that great POTC music. Otherwise, I'm moving Star Wars Fireworks at DHS in front of Happy Ever After. And, i like the view better at TOTWL than the beach at the Poly. Get off my lawn!

I have been awol for many moons. but your TR popped up in my email notifications. I have to agree with you about the "legacy" FP.. nebo and I loved to make rope drop. do standby on rides ande collect fast passes as soon as we could. have lunch, then retrun to the resort for swimming. have cocktail hour then return to the park to use our fast passes.. ahh, the good ol' days.
we stayed on points at the poly this last april we were lucky enough to get a room in Tokelau. 1st loor. beautiful view of landscapefrom our pation and just steps away from the oasis pool we loved it!

I have been awol for many moons. but your TR popped up in my email notifications. I have to agree with you about the "legacy" FP.. nebo and I loved to make rope drop. do standby on rides ande collect fast passes as soon as we could. have lunch, then retrun to the resort for swimming. have cocktail hour then return to the park to use our fast passes.. ahh, the good ol' days.
we stayed on points at the poly this last april we were lucky enough to get a room in Tokelau. 1st loor. beautiful view of landscapefrom our pation and just steps away from the oasis pool we loved it!

We have a view if the parking lot and monorail when it drives by. Still, it was a standard view. My points do go a lot further at the BWV. The rooms here are really large, and the two bathroom showers are nice. I enjoyed the rain shower last night.

Morning Kona press pot.

WP_20170720_08_05_23_Pro.jpg

Since my girls are teens, we've given them some charging limits and told them to go have fun. DW and i are going for a walk on the beach.

We have a view if the parking lot and monorail when it drives by. Still, it was a standard view. My points do go a lot further at the BWV. The rooms here are really large, and the two bathroom showers are nice. I enjoyed the rain shower last night.
we also loved the extra vanity and shower. but nebo got tired of going into the wrong bathroom and looking for the toilet! lol I would hear, "they took the toilet again!"

we also loved the extra vanity and shower. but nebo got tired of going into the wrong bathroom and looking for the toilet! lol I would hear, "they took the toilet again!"

:lmao::rotfl::lmao:

I was thinking that as well. We put shampoo and hygiene stuff im one bathroom, and i kept walking into the other confused as to where it went.

DisDad Club Summer Convention? Well, impromptu version. Always good to meet up with the guys.

WP_20170720_13_05_21_Pro.jpg

We smuggled them into the Poly for a visit. Don't tell anyone. :lmao:

We had a terrific, relaxing day, swimming at both pools, trying Poly slide, hot tub, drinking at the pool bars. And, DW and I finally had that walk on the beach.

Last edited:
Tambu Lounge for a lapu lapu. A drink so nice you say it twice.

WP_20170720_16_39_35_Pro.jpg

We had a great dinner at Kona with Dan and his family. During dinner, it rained, thundered, and lighteninged so hard that all of MK must have emptied into the Poly. We were going to ride the monorail over to TOTWL tonight, but it is just way too crowded. Now that the rain has ended, we may just watch from here at the Poly.

Another first tonight. Watches the Happily Ever After fireworks from ferryboat launch at the MK.

WP_20170720_20_55_17_Pro (2).jpg

A perspective attempt. Not my specialty. We also have an awning for the rain.

Good to see your family back at WDW for some summer fun ! Your daughters are maturing too fast - they are cuties !
Thank goodness all DW do the laundry !

We have never stayed at Poly, but have visited for Tonga Toast at Capt. Cook's, dinner at 'Ohana and watched the fireworks on the beach.
We will see Happily Ever After in November.

Love the DisDad Club pic - how many members ?

Enjoy the lapu lapu this evening !

A drink so nice you say it twice - love that !

How many days will you be there ?

No parks - I could like that - just hanging out !

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!