• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disneytraveler's dining with the Platinum plan!

disneytraveler

<font color=purple>will the real celeb please step
I just returned from Wdw and i had a great time!

The Disney restaurants i went to are: Jiko and Boma, The Hollywood Brown Derby , Narcoosies, Yachtclub Steakhouse, Victoria & Alberts , and finally the
Portobello Yachtclub.

Jiko and Boma have become my favorites since visiting the Animal Kingdom lodge for both dinner and breakfast last year. This summer i stayed at the
lodge! Like last year , i ordered the Filet with mac and cheese as the main course in Jiko. Likewise , the calamata flatbread was also ordered. However, this time i wanted the filet done medium instead of well done . Well done was
last year's decision and i prefer the meat medium. Once again, Jiko did not disappoint me! It was even better this time around :goodvibes . I also had 2 glasses of African wine . For desert, i ordered the flourless chocolate cake.
It was a nice surprise! It was both dry and moist and sweet!
Serice was excellent !

I went to Boma twice during the week for the breakfast buffet. I really enjoyed this place.

Next i went to the 1900 Park fare for the dinner buffet . This has become another favorite to go to . Park Fare was very good. I was even seated early, about 10 minutes. The food was great ! The chilled strawberry is really nice to have on a hot disney night. :thumbsup2

The Hollywood Brown Derby and the Fantasmic Dinner package was place i went to on Monday the 11th of September. I have not been to both of these places for along time. I missed the fireworks last year and the last time i was at the Derby was probally mid 1970;s :rolleyes1 .
Well the Brown Derby did not disappoint me. I know they have their own
filet but i did not want the week to be a feast of filets also. Therefore , i ordered the lobster bisque to start the meal followed by the grouper. The bisque was wonderful. Great lobster flavor and a creamy broth. The grouper
is a white fish and it is has a mild flavor. I am glad i orderd it. For dessert, the double vanilla bean creme brulee.

Narcoosies and Yachtsman Steakhouse were some of the other restaurants.
I have neen been to either of these places before. In Narcoosies i was seated
with a nice view of the 7 Seas Lake. It was really great seeing Magic Kingdom
from here. I had the mussels and the whole main lobster . For desert i ordered
the Key lime creme brulee. It was to tarty for me so i ate about 90 % of it
and then i was to full.

While at Yachtsman steakhouse, the appetizer was the seared scallops . I thought these were nice. They melted in my mouth . I ordered the prime rib done meduim. I thought the rib was rather nice. It was a huge piece and it
was rather juicey to. I do not frequent steakhouses much to compare steaks
so i cant really compare it any. I have had prime rib with a smaller cut like
with great flavor and tenderness but only once a year. Yachtmans was i think 8 inch but still tender and juicy. I was pleased with the result.
For dessert, i ate the Happiest celebration of earth. It was a warm chocolate bunt cake with a hot cholocate filing that oozes out of it.
It was a nice ending to the evening. I did not feel overly stuffed eating here
and i was pleased with the result.

Victoria & Alberts ,September 14,2006. The platinum extends to V&A also!
I knew i was in a treat when i received a call the week before from Victoria
and Alberts confirming my reservation. :goodvibes

The presentation :
Amuse Bouche

Ahi Tuna appetizer

My first course was the Long Island duck with galia melon,grains of paradise and minus 8 vinegar. I thought the duck and the melo conbination was really
wonderful. Since i ordered the wine parrings for each course. The wine to
accompany the duck was King Estate Pinot Gris,Oregon 2005.

2ND was the Poulet Rouge with mild mushrrom ragout,Truffled Egg and Porcini Sauce. This was absolutately wondeful. The sauce was really flavorful. Mr. Disney was right on about the sauce. Everything in this course blended so well together. The egg was a treat to. I asked my waiter how was the egg
filing .I wanted to know what the filing was exactly. Its a truffle filing -light
a delightful. Wine -La Baronne Rouge,Montagne d Alaric.

The dinner rolls are really yummy. I had several .

After the poulet rouge came the Tempura crab stuffed squash blossom with
vilotte moustarde. The best i can describe this is a crab meat stuffed mixture
in a light tempura shell. It was very nice .Chatteau de Sancerre for the wine.

Then came the main meal, Colorado lamb with potato gnocchi and summer vegatables. The lamb was very tender. The combination of the vegatables
and pototoes was excellent. The gravy was also very tasty. The wine pairing
was Masi Campofirin Corvina, Verona 2002.

Guava gelato with micro garden mint. This was paired with Fairview La Beyl Blanc, South Africa 2004. The gelato was nice and the dessert wine was a great choice.

Finally the dessert!
I wanted something light but sweet . Therefore, i ordered the poached pears
with casis mouse and spiced cake. The poached pair was terrific . The mouse
inside the pear was very good. In the center of the plate a sugar spear and
some suace. The spiced cake was very tasty.

The wine pairrings were great. I did not have any problems with them at all.
There are not full glasses of wine but just enough for each course. Even the south african wines i was able to drink. I say this because some S African wines are to heavy and acidic for me. Not so with these courses and pairings..

After finishing the meal, i applauded the crew!
Israel Perez was very nice ,when i arrived he asked if i came by valet parking
or by taxi from the Akl. Since i took a taxi, then he asked if i wanted him to
call a taxi for me after i finish. I answered .Yes.

Upon leaving, he asked me if i enjoyed my evening. I told him i did and it was wonderful evening. He then told me a taxi would be waiting outside. :goodvibes

A truly great evening which i would do again sometime!

On my last night at Disney i dined at the Portobello Yachtclub at Downtown
Disney. I ate here last summer and it made my favorites list. The menu has changed since then but that is alright. I ordered Shrimp Oreganata - Oven roasted gulf shimp with seasoned bread crumbs in a white wine sauce and wilted tomatoes. - for the appetitizer. The shrimp was very tender. Although
the breadcrumbs became soggy in the whine sauce i dont think it took away
from the meal itself. The combination of breadcrumbs and shrimp with the tomatoes was very good. I ate everything.

For the main course i had Salmon Bruschetta - Filet of salmon topped with marinated plum tomatoes, capers, calamata olives, garlic, basil and extra virgin olive oil served over roasted leeks mashed potatoes. The salmon cakes were very tasty .
For dessert i had the Portobello.It was a big dish of coffee gelato i think
with berries. It was very good but i could not finish it because i was too
full. Service was very good here.

Enjoyed reading your reviews ~ Thanx for sharing.

Hi disneytraveler ~ sounds like you had some great meals. I also fall into the habit of ordering beef, this time I am going to *try* and be more adventuresome.

Can you explain the platinum plan a little more, what you received, what you did? I guess you get unlimited tours and recreation along with meals and snacks. How did snacks work?

Thanks!

I'm so jealous....we used to do the gold plan which was one step below the platinum and got to dine at all the great restaurants. However, now I'm vacationing with someone who is not such a big eater so the plan would be a waste. Hope you also got a chance to see Cirque. I thought it was amazing.

Cass said:
Hi disneytraveler ~ sounds like you had some great meals. I also fall into the habit of ordering beef, this time I am going to *try* and be more adventuresome.

Can you explain the platinum plan a little more, what you received, what you did? I guess you get unlimited tours and recreation along with meals and snacks. How did snacks work?

Thanks!

Hi Cass,
My snacks did not work out all ! For some reason i was not given any snacks
but should have been. I still had 9 coupons of dining left over. :confused3

Yes, you get 3 meals a day and 1 snack. unlimited tours and recreation. in-room dining and even dining at V&A is included. Fireworks viewing of wishes
and iluimnations. I did the Wishes vip viewing and the iluminations cruise at
the Yachtclub marina. I saw LaNOUBA and did the Fantasmic diner package
also . You also get a aN your own ipo planner to book everything from dining
and any tours and stuff. It also included a spa treatment to.

disneytraveler said:
I just returned from Wdw and i had a great time!

The Disney restaurants i went to are: Jiko and Boma, The Hollywood Brown Derby , Narcoosies, Yachtclub Steakhouse, Victoria & Alberts , and finally the
Portobello Yachtclub.

Jiko and Boma have become my favorites since visiting the Animal Kingdom lodge for both dinner and breakfast last year. This summer i stayed at the
lodge! Like last year , i ordered the Filet with mac and cheese as the main course in Jiko. Likewise , the calamata flatbread was also ordered. However, this time i wanted the filet done medium instead of well done . Well done was
last year's decision and i prefer the meat medium. Once again, Jiko did not disappoint me! It was even better this time around :goodvibes . I also had 2 glasses of African wine . For desert, i ordered the flourless chocolate cake.
It was a nice surprise! It was both dry and moist and sweet!
Serice was excellent !

I went to Boma twice during the week for the breakfast buffet. I really

enjoyed this place.

what is the "platinum plan"? we are on ddp for dec but was never told about a
platinum plan?

dana1003 said:
what is the "platinum plan"? we are on ddp for dec but was never told about a
platinum plan?

The Platinum plan is the Magic your way platinum plan. It includes staying at a deluxe resort. IPO planner contacting you to make all your reservations and behind seen tours.It has unlimited recreation and tours,dinning -3 meals a day
and 1 snack a day at any wdw restraurant.It includes dining at Victoria and Alberts and also in-room dining. Features are also Fantasmicdinner package,
fireworks viewing of iluminations and wishes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter