Disputing with my husband. . . Please weigh in

Discussion in 'Disney for Families' started by DISfirstTimer, Mar 30, 2017.

1. DISfirstTimer

DISfirstTimer Mouseketeer

Hi all. I so appreciated all your responses to my OP that I'm hoping you chime in on my plans in order to make this a magical vacation and hopefully one that will make my husband want to go again! (He is still not thrilled about this vacation). We are currently booked at CBR. Booking here put me slightly over my original budget but I wanted to ensure Queen Beds for adequate sleep for all. Recently I decided to add on an extra day so could fit in DHS and am now considering changing to POP in order to put me back closer to my original budget. Obviously I'm hoping for a refurbished room with Queens but I'd be taking a chance that I won't get one and be stuck on standard beds all week. Thoughts?

Below is my trip plan. Reminder I'm traveling with DH, DS 6, and DD 4. We will plan to do rope drop (as kids will likely be up anyway) but I'm not going to stress if were moving slower some mornings. As of now I'm only planning one night and will try to stick to 8pm bedtimes if possible. I have also tried to carve out some days for my DH to nap. (He NEVER sleeps so he truly to recharge on a vacation.) We will also be adding LEGOLAND on to the beginning of our trip as my son is crazy about legos and has asked a number of times if we can go there. Also we will have a car.

Saturday: Fly into MCO/Enjoy Legoland Resort

Sunday: Legoland all Day/Check into Disney Resort

Monday: MK (Crowd Level 3 )

Fantasy Land

BOG for LUNCH

Parade then back to resort

Cape May Dinner

Tuesday: MK (Crowd Level 2)

Remainder of Attractions

QS Lunch

430 Dinner at Ohanas

Fireworks

Wednesday: Resort Day

4pm Hoop Dee Doo

Chip and Dale Campfire

Thursday: Epcot (Crowd Levels 2 )

Rides in the Am

Askheraus Lunch

DH/DD can go back to resort to rest while DS and I travel the World

QS Dinner

Friday: Animal Kingdom (Crowd Level 3 )

Flame Tree Lunch

QS Dinner

Saturday: DHS (Crowd Level 5)

DS, DD, and I Hit Rope Drop (Star Wars attractions and shows)

DH can sleep in and check us out of resort (He hates Star Wars)

Hollywood and Vine Lunch

FP rides in afternoon

Head out to MCO around 4/4:30 for 8:30 flight

2. srwarden1928

srwarden1928 DIS Veteran

I LOVE Pop Century. I have two trips planned and am staying there both times. I can also highly recommend Ohana and Flame Tree. They are two of my favorite restaurants at WDW. I have not eaten at several of your restaurant choices. However, one that we always found to be disappointing was Hollywood & Vine. It just wasn't very good in our opinion. I would change that one to 50s Prime Time, which is my favorite WDW restaurant.

felix_summerbee likes this.
  3. Avatar

Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  4. dolewhipdreams

dolewhipdreams Counting days until my next Dole Whip

I think that looks very doable and gives your DH plenty of room to rest and relax.

As for the resort situation- you know your family's needs best. I'm not certain when your trip is planned, but also keep in mind the construction occurring at CBR. There have been mixed reports from folks over on the official CBR board about experiences with construction noise during the day, which may impact nap times and your resort day.

felix_summerbee likes this.
  5. DISfirstTimer

DISfirstTimer Mouseketeer

I chose Hollywood for the characters. One last interaction with the Mouse before we go home!

6. mousehockey37

mousehockey37 DIS Veteran

Haven't read any of the replies, but here's my take on it...

Take them. They're only small once. If this is the one trip he pays for then so be it. My nieces are begging me to go bc their dad wants nothing to do with the place. They're both under 6. Yes, it might be tedious lugging them around or using a stroller, but wake up dad, be a dad.

You can plan other trips in the future and he doesn't need to go and if he misses all the fun, then that'll be on him.

7. bobgobblin15

bobgobblin15 I've got the disney fever!!

My husband doesn't mind Disney but he has the same thought. He thought it was pointless to take a Disney cruise and Disney world with our youngest but after we got there and he was able to see her excitement it was worth it. Our youngest just turned 4 but you know what the reactions that you get from them seeing the characters and fireworks is priceless. We also have two teens and a preteen and you just don't get the same reaction that you get when they are young.

WDWFan0813 likes this.
  8. Bob Dolewhip

Bob Dolewhip Mouseketeer

My kids were 7 and 4 on our most recent trip and they remember everything. They can't wait to go back. Your husband is a Debbie downer and can stay home!

9. Jays2013

Jays2013 Mouseketeer

Just chiming in. Our last trip was in 2013. My youngest was 4, my oldest was 7. They absolutely loved it!

We're going back this fall, but the youngest is thoroughly over the characters now. ("I know they're costumes, Mom..." :cool:). He's spoiling for the roller coasters, which he's been talking about since 2013, when he couldn't quite ride everything. (Even then, he loved Thunder Mountain.) I'm so glad I had one trip where the characters were still magical for both of them.

His big brother has special needs and is still enchanted by the characters. And YDS will play along for him. ;)

(FWIW, we took ODS when he was only 15 months old. He loved it. He doesn't remember it, but we'll never forget it!)

10. DrunkJam

DrunkJam DIS Veteran

Ds went when he was nearly 4, and when he was JUST 5. He remembers a LITTLE of the second trip.
    We are going again in December, when he will be 11, and DD will be 4.5. This is the time we can go, and it is definitely our last trip. I *hope* she will remember some of it, but, we have memory maker, and will take a gazillion pictures so, fingers crossed it will be worth while. Plus she is SUPER excited to meet Elsa, Sleeping Beauty, Doc McStuffins, Alice in Wonderland, and Minnie Mouse....

11. WDWFan0813

WDWFan0813 Earning My Ears

Actually....she is asking the exact RIGHT crowd.

12. AngieInOH

AngieInOH DIS Veteran

With this schedule you are going to have to pick out your "must do" attractions. You should be fine at EPCOT and DHS. 1 day at AK would not be enough for us. Especially if you want to hit up the shows and the new attractions. You will have to pick what is the most important things to do. Same with MK, it looks like you have 1 1/2 days planned, prioritize and have a plan!!!

Personally I would not take a resort day, but breaks are never in my travel schedule at Disney!!!

I think your kids would like POP better, and you'll save money. Not sure when you're going. Will they have the majority of rooms refurbished by then?

srwarden1928 likes this.