Dissers, ticket rules???

paults

HOME IS WHERE BWV IS
when did the ticket use come in. My tickets from UT say they expire FEB 28, 2019. that's only 6 month from when I bought them. WHAT!!
Do I lose them if not used by FEB 28th or just pay the difference to use after Feb 28th??
I don't remember any of this.

When they did away with non-expiring tickets they started with actual expiration dates for all tickets. This is due to all the stockpiled cheap tickets people still have. I have an old ticket that still has one day on it, pre-AK opening. I also have a couple of one day tickets from free dining packages. They are trying to avoid having to honor old tickets into infinity. Not sure but I think you may still be able to pay the difference to purchase a new ticket which is what they want.

I was told that older tickets without an expiration date will be honored forever. New tickets with a date might be replaced should they expire but it depends on who you talk to. Disney's goal is for guests to not try to use tickets beyond their expiration date, "pure profit".

:earsboy: Bill

when did the ticket use come in. My tickets from UT say they expire FEB 28, 2019. that's only 6 month from when I bought them. WHAT!!
Do I lose them if not used by FEB 28th or just pay the difference to use after Feb 28th??

Feb 28th? That's not a date I've heard of before but haven't really looked. Any ticket purchased direct from Disney now is Dec 31, 2019. Did you purchase from a reseller? If so, and you hadn't planned on using it prior to Feb 28th I'd contact them and ask for a ticket with the most current expiration.

As mentioned, this started at WDW a couple of years ago. (DL has done it for years) You would still receive the gate value as of the last date it was valid if you purchased from a reseller if you did not activate it prior to expiration but you'd have to buy a new ticket. If purchased direct then you would receive the value that you paid towards the purchase of a new ticket.

I was told that older tickets without an expiration date will be honored forever. New tickets with a date might be replaced should they expire but it depends on who you talk to. Disney's goal is for guests to not try to use tickets beyond their expiration date, "pure profit".

:earsboy: Bill

I didn't believe there was a question of what would happen if not used prior to expiration? Just that you would have to get a new ticket and pay any difference between the expired tickets last gate value at expiration or else a credit for what you paid if purchased direct.

I got my tickets from UT as I said in my OP. Never saw they expired Feb. 28th till I got them in the mail. I checked the UT site and it did mention that but I never saw it since I buy from them all the time and never had an issue.

I got my tickets from UT as I said in my OP. Never saw they expired Feb. 28th till I got them in the mail. I checked the UT site and it did mention that but I never saw it since I buy from them all the time and never had an issue.

Very sorry I missed the UT.

I just read something about getting hard tickets and they had that expiration. The e-tickets would expire 12/31/19.

Kathy, I talked to DVC yesterday and if i don't use the tickets by Feb 28 I will lose them.

they were bought from a 3rd party UT and are a hard ticket expires FEB 28,2018 ( not e-ticket) expires Dec 2019

This happened to us with UT. We called them and they were very happy to help us...they had us mail back the tickets/gave us a refund and then repurchase them as e-tickets which are the ones that they have that do not expire until the end of 2019. :) It was a few extra steps but appears to have worked out.

Do I lose them if not used by FEB 28th or just pay the difference to use after Feb 28th?
If you don't use the tickets by 2/28/2019, you will be able to apply the value of those tickets towards a new ticket purchase of equal or greater cost.

Michael, not what I was told yesterday by MS. This is a 3rd party ticket ( UT). and the CM said I have to deal with UT.

Kathy, I talked to DVC yesterday and if i don't use the tickets by Feb 28 I will lose them.

they were bought from a 3rd party UT and are a hard ticket expires FEB 28,2018 ( not e-ticket) expires Dec 2019

What I've found is that DVC is not the ticketing experts. They can facilitate buying but most of the CM's don't know the full in's and out's of ticketing. I believe if you called ticketing you'd find that you will receive credit for the gate value at 2/28/19 when they expired. So far WDW policy is to give credit for unused tickets - they do not just expire and all value is gone. They do expire for use, but not for value.

to Uramr, Michael and Kathy, I just call ticketing and she did say the tickets can still be used after FEB 28, 2019 expiration but need to be done on site.
UT can not make exchange if tickets are linked to MDE and I'm are.

They have tickets that expire in December 2019. Call up, complain and explain what you want. My DSis was successful in getting later expiration tickets. Maybe it had to be an e-ticket, but if prices go up between now and next summer when she will use it, she’s covered, not having to pay more if prices go up.

I was surprised when I just bought tickets from Boardwalk Ticketing that the expiration date was 1/15/20 once I linked them to MDE.

I know not UT, but there are definitely tix out there with later expiry dates. I’d echo what others say and contact UT ASAP :)

I was surprised when I just bought tickets from Boardwalk Ticketing that the expiration date was 1/15/20 once I linked them to MDE.

I know not UT, but there are definitely tix out there with later expiry dates. I’d echo what others say and contact UT ASAP :)

Are your tickets physical tickets that you got in the mail or just etickets? My UT tourist etickets hae the same expiration date.

I recently purchased through UT. I initially purchased physical tickets but saw the note about calling if traveling in 2019 before my order was completely processed. I was able to cancel that order and reorder with etickets. UT has updated their message and made it more clear when the physical tickets expire.

They are also pretty clear that tickets can not be returned once linked so I doubt the OP will be able to return them if they are already in MDE. I would expect that you can use then towards another ticket though.

Are your tickets physical tickets that you got in the mail or just etickets? My UT tourist etickets hae the same expiration date.

They sent a confirmation number that I linked but also this message:
You will receive your actual tickets in the mail within 7-10 business days from today's date. They will arrive in a plain white envelope addressed from FL.
Your ticket confirmation number is...”

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter