**DisVids - Come and Introduce Yourself and Meet Your Fellow UK Dissers**

Family:
Just me and the dog!

Blood Scientist

Home town: Shrewsbury, Shropshire

Favourite park: Epcot

Favourite resort: I'm not very fussy about resorts as I send so little time there!

Favourite attraction: Splash Mountain or Star Tours

Favourite restaurant: Homecomin'

Hobbies: Football, theme parks, and travelling

Dislikes: Hot dogs, long queues and being cold and wet

Previous trips: 1998, 2000, 2018

Our next trip: April/May 2019. Already counting down the days!

Family:
Just me and my boyfriend

Home town: Norwich

Favourite park: Likely to be Magic Kingdom

Favourite resort: Would love to stay at Caribbean Beach

Favourite attraction:
Most looking forward to Big Thunder Mountain

Favourite restaurant:
Hopefully The Boathouse (going there next trip)

Hobbies: Photography, crafting, reading, watching movies.

Likes: Hot waffles/donuts, open fires, sunny days, rides that only require a lap-bar rather than a full-body restraint!

Dislikes
: Temps higher than 28C, horror movies, coconut

Previous trips: Never been before!

Our trip to Orlando: November 2019, 165 Days to go!

Family: Just me and the Wife Mandy

Home town: Caerphilly South Wales

Favourite park: Animal Kingdom

Favourite resort: Port Orleans Riverside

Favourite attraction: Flight of Passage

Favourite restaurant: California Grill

Hobbies: Gardening, Walking, Watching Movies, Home Brewing

Likes: Horror Movies, Going to the Cinema, Florida for Hols, Pizzas ( got our own pizza oven) Hard Rock Music, Gigs

Previous trips: 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2015, 2016 2017

Next tripS to Orlando: July 31 for 2 weeks 2 Resorts POR & Contemporary.
Sept 2020 1 week at CBR & 1 week at Loews Royal Pacific Universal.

Family: Husband and 2 kids Arabella and Tomas (hence username)

Home town: Hinckley, Leicestershire

Favourite park: Hollywood Studios

Favourite resort: Bay Lake Tower home resort.

Favourite attraction: Tower of Terror

Favourite coaster: Rock 'n' Roller

Favourite restaurant: Garden Grill or Crystal Palace

Previous trips: 2010, 2013, 2016.

My Arabella turned 18 last week and gets her A-level results today :tigger: She has met a few other Arabellas over the years but not many. I think it is becoming more popular now. I was at high school with about 12 other Claires so wanted something a bit different :-)

My Arabella turned 18 last week and gets her A-level results today :tigger: She has met a few other Arabellas over the years but not many. I think it is becoming more popular now. I was at high school with about 12 other Claires so wanted something a bit different :-)
Good luck to her. My Arabella is only 6, so she’s got a ways to go before A levels...

Good luck to her. My Arabella is only 6, so she’s got a ways to go before A levels...
Awww! It is a long way but it sure goes fast. DVC helps to make more memories though. My two are 18 and 15 and still just as excited as they were at 9 and 6 the first time we went. Just in the process of planning to "go home" to BLT next August. Waiting now for the flight and accommodation windows to open in a few days/weeks. Would have gone this summer as we go every 3 years but DD managed to get on to the World Scout Jamboree so has just returned from 3 amazing weeks in the US while the rest of us got rained on at home.

Awww! It is a long way but it sure goes fast. DVC helps to make more memories though. My two are 18 and 15 and still just as excited as they were at 9 and 6 the first time we went. Just in the process of planning to "go home" to BLT next August. Waiting now for the flight and accommodation windows to open in a few days/weeks. Would have gone this summer as we go every 3 years but DD managed to get on to the World Scout Jamboree so has just returned from 3 amazing weeks in the US while the rest of us got rained on at home.
Nice! We go next Weds, we've got a Treehouse Villa at SSR for a few days (due to a late change in the programme) and then home to Poly for a week, and then a beach week in Anna Maria. Hopefully my 2 will still be excited to go in 10 years. Ours were a bit younger when they started at 3 and 1.

Family: Partner - Aaron, usually go with my sister and parents as well

Home town: Montrose, Scotland

Favourite park: Animal Kingdom

Favourite resort: Port Orleans Riverside

Favourite attraction: Expedition Everest

Favourite restaurant: QS - Flame Tree Barbecue, TS - Teppan Edo

Hobbies: Watching Disney Vlogs, Performing in Amateur Theatre, keeping on top of all the chores (new home-owner so been kept very busy XD)

Previous trips: 2006, 2009, 2012, 2015, 2018

Next trip to Orlando: Hopefully 2021 (beans on toast til then though probably)

Right I'll go next!!! :rotfl:

Name: Jeanette

Family: Married to Ian for 25 years :scared1: Have 3 kids, well their grown ups now- Paul 27, Steph 24 and Natalie 19, we also have two grandchildren, Charlie 2 1/2 and Lily 9 weeks old! :cloud9: oh and 2 dogs- both rescue dogs, border collies-Scooby and Archie!

Occupation: am looking for a job at the mo! but used to work as an LSA in a school for autistic children.

Home Town: Live in Prestatyn, but both our families are from Liverpool, my dad was in the army so I spent my childhood up until I was 17 living in different countries(I hated changing schools and having to make friends all over again..:sad2:)

Favourite Park: MGM ok.... Disney Studios :headache:

Favourite Attraction: I don't have a fave, I like them all- I think!

Favourite Coaster: Rock n roller

Favourite Nighttime Show: I just love wishes :love:

Favourite Restaurant (off site): Mannys, Outback steak house, Logans Roadhouse

Favourite Florida Bits: Love going to the state parks, and other places like Bok Tower etc as now the kids are grown up, we do more outside the parks. But this will change again this September as the granchildren are coming to Florida for one big family holiday- 14 of us altogether :thumbsup2

OMG !! well 9 years on and somethings have changed!! Married 35 years, now have 5 grandchildren! aged 12, 9, 8, 2, 11 months all from the eldest daughter!
we don't do the parks so much anymore, we prefer to do road trips, last big one was route 66 chicago to santa monica. we also love going to the keys, I just love Key West, its so diverse I love it!! we take 2 of the eldest grandkids on holiday and stay at a wdw resort, it gives them respite from their autistic brother
I work in a care home for ladies who have learning difficulties and autism , I've been there over 7 years now and love it.
Ive also just realised I joined the dis 21 years ago! I must admit I'm not on here as much as I used to be though.

OMG !! well 9 years on and somethings have changed!! Married 35 years, now have 5 grandchildren! aged 12, 9, 8, 2, 11 months all from the eldest daughter!
we don't do the parks so much anymore, we prefer to do road trips, last big one was route 66 chicago to santa monica. we also love going to the keys, I just love Key West, its so diverse I love it!! we take 2 of the eldest grandkids on holiday and stay at a wdw resort, it gives them respite from their autistic brother
I work in a care home for ladies who have learning difficulties and autism , I've been there over 7 years now and love it.
Ive also just realised I joined the dis 21 years ago! I must admit I'm not on here as much as I used to be though.
Hi Jeanette, great to see you post again. time flies doesn't it? Married 31 years for us but no Grandchildren yet. Matt is living in Vienna with his Dutch partner so you never know.
We rarely go into DisneyWorld anymore, outpriced me years ago, although we did over 40 trips there so it was time to do other things, like you enjoying road trips and have the same love of Key West, been 3 times to stay and on cruises for the day, can't wait to go back.
Glad to see you are enjoying work, I have loved being a florist since I was 15, now 53, owned my own business 31 years but trying to sell and retire, I have done my fair share.

Hi Jeanette, great to see you post again. time flies doesn't it? Married 31 years for us but no Grandchildren yet. Matt is living in Vienna with his Dutch partner so you never know.
We rarely go into DisneyWorld anymore, outpriced me years ago, although we did over 40 trips there so it was time to do other things, like you enjoying road trips and have the same love of Key West, been 3 times to stay and on cruises for the day, can't wait to go back.
Glad to see you are enjoying work, I have loved being a florist since I was 15, now 53, owned my own business 31 years but trying to sell and retire, I have done my fair share.
HI Wayne, ye
s the time flies!!!
The only time we go to the parks is with the grandkids, and that's been twice over 4 yrs.
your right it is overpriced and I also feel that some of the magic has gone, its all about disney making money on everything, its not very enjoyable in the parks like it was 20 odd yrs ago. we went to key west first about 10 yrs ago and then back again for a couple of weeks for my 50th, we then went on the back end of finishing route 66, 4 days there, but had nothing but rain and a 24 hr delay getting home, a right nightmare!
nice to hear about Matt, the last time I read he was going to uni in the usa!
take care and good luck selling up!

nice to hear about Matt, the last time I read he was going to uni in the usa!
take care and good luck selling up!
Long story but we got him settled at the Uni of New Hampshire, turned out to be the wrong course for what he wanted to do so he got a flight home and finished his degree at Lancaster, he then did a masters and a PhD. Moved to Vienna this year to start a 6 year contract, in his words "Assistant Professor @ Institute for English Business Communication. Working on corpus approaches to deception, @ShakespeareLang and politeness."
If I don't sell the business I am doing 2 more Mothers days then shutting down to retire Mar 2022.

Family: me and the boyfriend

Home town: around Coventry

Favourite park: Disneyland Resort

Favourite resort: Only stayed at one resort, Pop Century & WDW (is this a resort? Sorry, not very familiar with US things)

Favourite attraction: Toy Story Mania CA

Favourite restaurant: I've not been to many throughout all the parks I've been too, but I really love Annette's at DLRP & Rainforest Café.

Hobbies: music (I play guitar & bass), go for walks

Likes: Lion King, comedy movies, sit-coms, Disney in general, themeparks (not really normal amusement parks, I like if there's a nice theme around it).

Previous trips: DLRP 38x, WDW 1x 2014, DLR 1x 2016

Next trips: supposed to be last June (2020) DLRP, but well ... no new trip for us until further notice :(

Family: DH and DD

Home town: near Liverpool

Favourite park: Magic Kingdom followed by Busch Gardens

Favourite resort: Never done a resort!

Favourite attraction: Been a LOOOOONG time since we last went

Favourite restaurant: Never been to a Disney restaurant - I like Wendy's Square Burgers and Pondarosa to stuff my face! ha ha

Hobbies: Walking and baking

Previous trips: stay with family mostly 1993, 1995, 1997, 2001, 2007

Next trips:
supposed to be May 2021... eagerly watching this space!

Name: Hi, my name is Stacey. I am under JTlady cause hubby goes by JT and I have no imagination x
So excited this is my first post this time round.

Family: As I said I am married and we have a 20 year old boy. Also owned by two cats

Home Town: Grimsby now live in Mansfield

Favourite Florida Bits: When you walk into Disney for the first time that visit.
The sunsets over the haunted mansion....................just everything

Favourite Restaurants
: Tony Romas. Ponderosa.NYPD Pizza

Hobbies: Crafting . reading . watching Tim Tracker on you tube . allotment . caravanning

Likes and Dislikes: Planning my holiday.
Rude people

Family: Me and the cats

Home town: Birmingham

Favourite park: Epcot

Favourite resort: Would love to stay at the Grand Floridian one day

Favourite attraction: Living with the Land (hugely underrated in my opinion, the backstage tour is definitely worth trying).

Favourite restaurant: Not a big eater in the parks, but I think Animal Kingdom has the best range of food. I can't wait to try Space 2020 at Epcot.

Hobbies: I volunteer at a cat rescue, which is super rewarding. I love photography and have started making videos during lockdown. I also taste and collect Irish whisky.

Likes: Country music, Japanese pop culture, astronomy, podcasts (DIS Unplugged was the first one I listened to back in 2007!)

Dislikes: Seafood

Previous trips: Too many to list. First was 1987, last was 2019.

Our next trip: Don't know yet, was supposed to go March 2020 but that was obviously cancelled (booooo covid). Not making any plans until I'm vaccinated.

Home town: Birmingham

Hobbies: I volunteer at a cat rescue, which is super rewarding. I love photography and have started making videos during lockdown. I also taste and collect Irish whisky.

Hi, welcome!
You're not that far from where I am (Coventry area).
We go to Birmingham quite a lot (well, not now, off course).

Not voluntering, but I do cat-sitting once in a while since last year. I adore cats! We can't have one of our own, so this was the next best thing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!