Divers at Coral Reef ?

queenpatricia

Mouseketeer
I wanted to know if there are still divers at the Coral Reef in EPCOT. We are going to Disney World in May celebrating our 50th wedding anniversary & thought this would be a nice touch. Thanks.

February 25th they were doing a demo in the diver tank/tube thing. And there was a diver cleaning the tank right near the ride exit. Not sure if that’s what you mean.

If you mean the divers who held up celebratory signs, that ended long ago. I was lucky enough to be surprised with one for our anniversary in 2008.
Sorry, to hear. We had a diver in 2008 also. Our kids had a cake delivered while we were there. We loved it.

they are in the tank periodically for cleaning. They are also in the tank later in the day for the Scuba experience.

the Scuba experience

This is probably what you remember and it is searchable as Disney DiveQuest ... certified SCUBA divers can dive in the 'big tank' ... I've done this twice .... first time about 25 years ago! And later when dd got her certification about 6 years ago

enhance

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/events-tours/epcot/epcot-divequest/

They do a maximum of two groups a day .. group size is around 20 as I recall. It is a 3 hour thing with a back stage tour, a 40 min dive and they pretty much then force you to watch the video they shoot during the dive . . . so 40 min dive, 40 min watch video there's 80 of the 180 minutes. Add in time to get dressed and fitted for equipment (you must use their's) and time after to shower ... you see where the time goes. But I digress. The event is (was) pretty cool as once you are dressed in their provided wetsuits you are led right thru the main viewing areas ... thru the crowd .... and enter a door in the central tower of one of the circular viewing areas. For this tour you are considered to be 'cast members' AND expected (warned) to act accordingly!

Groups begin at 4:30 and 5:30 so you usually see them splash into the big tank around 5:30 - 5:45 and paddle around for the 40 minutes (group one) and second group not too long after first gets out of the water ... so 5:30 to 7:30 ish you will probably see divers.

We'd eaten in Coral Reef years b4 I did this dive the first time and heading to the glass to 'play' with kids was a favorite activity of mine each time . . .
{if you do the dive they WILL make special accommodations for your family to get in to the building to watch you ... yes, jumping the line .... you just need to talk to the CM monitoring the line. I was able to be in video and pictures with my kids .. me on one side of the glass and they on the dry side!}

BTW there is also a snorkel version at 12:30 each day but by its nature snork' folks tend to stay on the surface and rest' folks may never even notice them.

if you are a certified diver this is a HOOT IMO ...... if for no other reason: you will be within FEET of free swimming sharks .....

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter