Divorce worthy?!?!

tltay2005

DIS Veteran
Ok, how many divorces have occurred because of a wife's bad backing instructions? I know that the answer is zero (or at least I hope it is), but honestly guys, we really are trying our best :guilty:. I know mine will get over it , I mean its only a bent ladder....and dents in the eave of the house and the ladder connections pulled away from the roof, which will need to fixed and re-sealed...OK, so maybe it was pretty bad. Good thing this was the last trip of our camping season, so plenty of time to get it fixed before fall.

I am sure most of us have many "Stories" but I am still married, so the DW isn't too mad at me yet. :D

We tried 2 way radios and then cell phones.

That turned into using very specific instructions like, "That way, no this way" or "A little more over there". Another good one was "more, more, more, OK, a little more... STOP!!!!"

My favorite when I couldn't see DW anywhere was, "To the left. My left or your left?" (long pause) "Yes."

We have finally settled on her simply saying "Clear" or "Wait" as I back out of the blind driveway into the street. Anything other than that, I manage with my mirrors.

j

I know exactly what you're talking about. I figure the hubby has a rear camera so why does it matter if I move out of site of the driver's mirror?

Okay I am a safety nut and I wear an orange vest if my DH can't use his mirrors and I have to go give directions and go stand behind a truck.
Plus we long ago practiced all the arm motions and commands, so I basically look like air traffic control.

Usually DH is giving me a massive scare as he takes the absolute smallest margin on something - like when he has less than two inches of clearance on either side... AUGH thinking about it makes me twitchy!

It's not my fault DH doesn't understand the subtle nuances between 'keep backing up' and 'stop.' Obviously, he needs to work on his communication skills.

;)

I was screaming "Stop! Stop! You're going to hit the tree!!" Which he did, taking out a tail light and scraping the side of the camper. So he pulled up to try again and hit a tree on the other side. Messed up that side of the camper, too.

I will add once he learned that when I said stop, it does not matter if he thinks he is goo, he should stop. It's been all good. However I have said many a times when it gets tough that can challenge some marriages. We have a pretty good communication now, but yeah am like I said stop so why did you keep going :confused3

Dh does much better without me directing, has done it so many times with different RV's. I just 'stand' where he is to stop!! At home I don't even 'watch' - just backs into the barn and knows when to stop.

The worst thing that happened - he managed all on his own! Pulling out of our RV barn forgetting a door up on the side of the mh. That cost a few jingles - but thankfully ins. paid in full. He doesn't forget to double check anymore!!!

I laugh as I read through these as I can relate to most of them. My DW gets stressed out when I am moving the TT. (especially this one because it's bigger then the last one). I won't say I haven't had a few "Marks" on them, but her had and verbal signals do tend to leave something to be desired too. When you are at the back of a 37' TT attached to ~20' of truck, you cannot just "Say" stop as I won't hear it over the engine (even with all the windows open and radio off). Worse yet when I cannot see you in the mirrors or out the windows.... Oh Wait.... There you are DIRECTLY BEHIND the TT (I can see you in the camera)... The sound really doesn't travel well.

I don't know what's worse, getting the TT into the site initially (but not pretty) OR trying to jockey it over to maximize the space. I am okay Jockeying, but she freaks out.... In the end we usually get it done and after a few hours our stress levels come back down. :)

Oh man, at first it was infuriating. She'd stand behindcamper where I couldn't see her, or she'd just stand there with her hands on her hips (or, at least, that's what the guy in the site next to me said because she was so far away I couldn't see her in the mirror).

I thought she was a member of the Monbackho tribe.

"Mon back..."
"Mon back..."

Crash!!!

"Hoooo!"

Over time we learned how best to communicate, which is she remains in the passenger seat and is responsible for keeping the kids quiet.

Me and the mirrors sort the rest out.

Last edited:
20170526_184252_zpsvg1yqvxo.jpg

Haha the fun has just begun

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!