Dixie Landings aka PO riverside -- just the facts, ma'am..?

Dreamfinder2

DIS Veteran
Excuse me if this has already been tossed around, but there was some discussion over on the DVC boards...

Does anybody know why Dixie Landings was incorporated into Port Orleans to make Port Orleans Riverside/French Quarter? Money saving move or a dose of PC?

Dying to know the scoop!

Does anybody know why Dixie Landings was incorporated into Port Orleans to make Port Orleans Riverside/French Quarter? Money saving move or a dose of PC?

I've heard both, actually. I was once told the "merger" was originated by a consolidation of resort management, avoiding the duplication of having two seperate (yet similar) resorts right next to each other. Also, consolidating the resorts allowed Disney to close certain French Quarter amenities while retaining its "moderate" resort status. Given the cost-cutting around WDW anymore, I'll buy an explanation along those lines.

Another line of thought held that the name Dixie Landings was indeed dropped for PC reasons (after a few guest complaints). There's probably some truth to that, but the name endured for years without any changes, so I doubt that's the complete explanation.

Somebody here probably has the details about all this.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter