DIY Dining Like Disney June Exercise Challenge

I don’t cycle at all but I know some use them as cross training in the running forum. Maybe ask in the runDisney section in the “Running“ thread if no one here has one.
That is a good idea. I did a petoton bootcamp workout yesterday. I'm not sure how the settings on my treadmill match up to the peloton one.

50 minutes of working out yester ( the 30 minute bootcamp class, and sanding down the garage walls)

Feeling a bit sheepish - but here I am - 😌. You guys have been really busy! I've been doing some gardening and some short walks - I'll average them to 200 minutes over the last two weeks. It's warmed up here, and the heat and I don't always get along.
(320/600)
NJ has entered phase 2 in reopening - I'm hoping the gyms can open soon.
I'll catch up on the recipes later today - just saw the key lime pie from Homecoming - sooo good!

Welcome back! Glad you're doing OK.

Yesterday was a fun walking day. Walked in a down pour for my lunch walk, went grocery shopping and really didn't want to finish my time. Dh and the kids all talked me into it. I went for a short walk with DD. It was a nice walk. She also made me walk longer then my plan.

That's so nice that your family is supportive of your goal!

60 minutes this morning - still digging ( Lol) and a short walk. (380/600) I swore I was going to shrink the garden this year - why am I still filling any space I see??
Some sad news - several gyms in my area have announced that they will not reopen at all - and mine is one of them. I'm really sad about it - all those people out of work, and I'll miss my comfortable space to work out . I think this is only the beginning of the fallout.

31 Strength training 6/24
38 minutes maintenance run today

884/1000

A friend recommended something called a ballet squat to build muscle/firm up my backside and back upper thighs. Judging from the soreness today I need to re-evaluate that friendship! :rotfl2: Apparently it works!
This really cracked me up!

Whew! I have been pretty busy with preparing to take a mini-vacation and then actually going!
6/19: 50 minutes
6/21: 60
6/22: a 30 minute walk to and from the beach on Vacay
6/23: we went to a garden and aquarium and walked around there for like 3 hours, but, we stopped a lot. So I'm counting it plus a bike ride to the beach as 60 minutes
6/24: We walked around downtown and then took a historic walking ghost tour and I'll count that all as another 60 minutes
That brings me up to 820/800

A friend recommended something called a ballet squat to build muscle/firm up my backside and back upper thighs. Judging from the soreness today I need to re-evaluate that friendship! :rotfl2: Apparently it works!

Hah, that's funny!

Some sad news - several gyms in my area have announced that they will not reopen at all - and mine is one of them. I'm really sad about it - all those people out of work, and I'll miss my comfortable space to work out . I think this is only the beginning of the fallout.

That is sad. Unfortunately, I think you're right that it's only the beginning--a lot of small businesses are facing a real uphill battle.

Whew! I have been pretty busy with preparing to take a mini-vacation and then actually going!

Sounds like a really nice trip! Even a mini-vacation is awesome right now.

It's hard to believe, but we're into the last week of June already. Is there a volunteer to help keep us on track in July?

Wednesday night ended not so great. I ended up having to deal with a work issue after I got home from DD's riding lesson. I was so worked up that while I was dealing with it I was pacing in front of the house and then went on a walk with DH. It was getting late so I didn't get all the minutes that I wanted to get in.

Yesterday I went for a walk at lunch like normal but this time it wasn't just DH and myself. Both kids decided to join. Then after work we took the kids fishing. I don't do fish and I don't do well in nature. DH took us to the major river in our area but first we stopped at a lagoon. He took us on a path that was barely wide enough for us to walk. All I could think about is I was going to see a snake (I have a horrible non logical fear of snakes) and that I would get poison ivy. I have never had it and I have no clue what it looks like. We were walking in an area and I heard some type of animal scurry away and I yelled so load and if DH was closer I might have climbed up his back. They all laughed at me as it was only a chipmunk. After this we went to the river by a nature center. They fished and I walk a very nice trail (paved and more open) for a good bit of time.

Wednesday -- 59
Thursday -- 107

Total -- 1426

If I keep up with getting at least 80 minutes a day the rest of the month I will meet my goal and surpass it by a little.

I was wondering if anyone has a Peloton bike? We are thinking about getting one. So I want to know the good and the bad before we do.

I have one and LOVE IT!!! I cannot recommend it enough, it’s changed my life! I love that its not all on the bike stuff, there’s strength workouts, yoga, outdoor running/walking content and meditation. It is expensive and you have to pay a monthly fee to access content. For me its cheaper than a gym and my daughter, sister and my son have user accounts under my account so we definitely get our moneys worth. Aside from the price I have nothing bad to say about it. There are tons of communities if thats something you might like. I’m doing my first power one challenge, not something I would have ever thought about doing before owning this bike. I also started a local peloton facebook group and just created a challenge for that group, again not something I would have ever seen myself do before owning this bike. I could go on and on 😝 Let make know if you have any questions, I’d be happy to answer. There is a referral credit if you get one, if you give them this code SQUWTH you get $100 in accessories with your bike purchase and I get the same in credit to buy Merch.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!