DL Paris and other European Things

Teamubr

From somewhere outside StL
Our 40th Anniversary is coming up in 2021. DW has said she wants to go to Europe. Other than a focused trip to Ukraine to adopt DS, we have never been there. I have been looking at the organized tours so we can get a "sampler" of the popular places. The ones we were looking at were 12-14 day bus tours. I thought we would tack on a few days at one end to hit DLP, since we would be so close.

How is DLP? I know Ed has been. I've seen it is currently undergoing a redo.

Has anyone done one of the organized tours? Who did you go through and would you recommend them?

Thanks,

j

We’ve used Go Ahead Tours (which I think is now just EF tours) twice. Once for an Italy trip (Venice, Florence, Rome) and once for London and Paris.

What I like best (other than the price) is that you got to spend a few days in each city. On the first day they gave you a guided tour of the city and after that most things were optional (also extra cost). But it gave us the freedom to do things the tour wasn’t doing.

The hotels we stayed in were well located. Though I know on one of our trips the company had staff checking our hotels that were farther out of the main areas.

Since we’ve had kids, European tours aren’t really in the future, but we’d use them again if they were.

Oh, we were also the youngest people on our tours by 25-30 years. We didn’t mind that either.

Thanks WeLovePluto,

I'll check them out. I've always dreamed of taking a few weeks, renting a car and just driving through Europe, but that much time off will have wait until retirement. For a first trip, I'm fine with a guided tour to see what we would want to came back and spend more time on a future trip. I do like the idea of having extra time in one place. Some of the tours I looked at we spending one day (or part of a day) before busing off to the next town for part of a day.

j

The Studios is getting a make-over in Paris at the moment. Adding an Iron Man ride, for the Marvel land, we will get a Frozen & Star Wars land in the Studios as well, so there are a lot of refurbishments going on there. Disneyland Park will remain as it is for the coming period.
And yes, as Tink mentioned, go to the DLP section and get familiar with the park :)

Tink and Karin,

I have checked out a couple of the DLP forums on the DIS. That's what gave me the idea to add on a few days at the beginning or end of a tour.

How many days would you suggest for DLP? I can spend 10 days easy at WDW, DL/DCA is about 3. I thought DLP would be similar to the California parks.

j

I would say 3 or 4 for Disneyland Paris. You are right, its similar to Disneyland California.

When I did a bus tour in high school, it was 2 weeks. A couple days in Paris, then off to a small village near the border. In to Switzerland, to see the castle that Lord Byron was held in. We then headed thru Italy with a short stop and ended our trip in Nice/Monaco.

Thanks Chris,

We are just starting to look at options. I like the tours that hit more cities (and different parts of Europe). Sort of a sampler platter. We can decide what places we want to go back to on a future trip. The problem with that is the go-go-go pace. With the 10-12 day tours that only hit 3 cities/countries, I think I would be disappointed that I didn't get to see more.

j

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!