DLP could anyone help me out??

beattyfamily

DIS Cast Member
Hi,

My husband and I are trying to plan a last minute trip to Paris for our 10th anniversary and are thinking about spending most of our time at DLP if the price is right!

Can anyone help me out with an idea of how much the signature hotel, Disneyland Hotel, would cost approximately and how much tickets are??

What is the currency exchange rate? Anyone know? I can't tell, when I see the prices at their website, how much that actually is.

We're 2 adults and 2 DD's one is 5 and the other is 2.

Can you stay at DLP and take a day trip to Paris or should we stay in Paris and take a day or two to see DLP.

Can you tell I'm confused??? My husband just sprang this idea on me late last night and I'm all excited now!

Also, if I call DLP travel agent, can they also help with air or do I need to do that on my own?

Thanks so much in advance!
:D

Hi there

The prices for the Disneyland Hotel will be on their website. If you go to www.Disneylandparis.co.uk and go into the English version, you can go to Quote/Book and check prices and availability for packages and this will give the prices in ££s. It is supposed to be possible to make room only bookings but I have recently tried to do this and had a lot of trouble (though in the past n trouble at all - possibly depends on time of year).

If you need to convert Euros to ££s I find this website very helpful

http://uk.finance.yahoo.com/m5?a=1&s=GBP&t=USD

as you can use it to convert any currency to any other currency.

I know that when you book a package through the UK booking office it is possbile to opt for a daytrip into Paris although I have never done this and I beleive it is only a short train journey from DLP to Paris.

Hope this is of some help. I am sure that you will have a wonderful time!

Karen :wave:

:wave: :wave:

We have stayed at the Disneyland Hotel twice now, lovely, great location but expensive.

If you are looking at going for a weekend or in school holidays, I would estimate it would cost you about £1100 to £1200 for 2 nights 3 days.This is for Eurostar travel, your accom (inc breakfast) and entry to the parks. If you are going any other time (apart from the summer holidays) maybe around £900 to £1000.

You can get prices on line at the following to give you an idea http://www.disneylandparis.com/uk/introduction.htm?anim=oui. The New York hotel and Sequonia lodge are cheaper.

Theresa

You'll need to do you own air travel.

Currently exchange rates are for US$1 = Euros 1.13
US$1= £.70 , GB£1=Euro 1.6150 GB£1=US$1.4255 . Those are mid market prices

Choice of where to stay depends on how long you're going for and how much exploring you plan to do in Paris. IMHO if you plan 5 days or less I'd stay at DLP , you'll need 3 days to do the two parks and the activities around the DLP area, you can book a day trip for sightseeing through the hotel consierge to give you an overall view and cover the major attractions, leaving you with some ideas of what you'd like to cover in more depth on your own. Paris is easy to access from the hotels at DLP, it's a quick and cheap train ride away. For attractions outside of Paris, the pallace at Versaille for example, it's probably as easy to drive to from DLP as it is central Paris. Idf you chose to include London in your trip, IMHO, the best way to travel between, DLP/Paris and London is to use the Eurostar train. If you fly into Paris the Charles De Gual airport is near to DLP it's one maybe two train stops or about 20 minutes in a taxi.

Thanks everyone for the replies.

When I told my husband the prices of the DLP hotels, he thought we should just stay in Paris and do a day or two at DLP but from a hotel in Paris.

This is our first trip to Paris and he really wants to see Paris as well. We're staying 5 nights from April 25 (leaving BOston April 24 p.m.) thru April 30.

I'm excited but a little nervous. I haven't been to another country since I was in my early 20's! (I'm 36). We also have 2 DD's ages 5 and 2.

Any further tips would be greatly appreciated. I was thinking we should do DLP at the end of our trip so we don't tire out but then I realized that would mean we're going to DLP on a Sunday or Monday....what's the worst day to visit DLP? What do you suggest?

Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter