DLP Crowds

dhardawa

DIS Veteran
We are Disney World regulars, so I’m familiar with those crowds. My daughter and I will be in Paris next May/June and were considering a day at DLP. What are the crowds like compared to Disney World?

Also, we have a hotel in Paris. I was planning to take the train down early, stay the day, and take the train back. Is this doable or will we need a room there.

School is still in session, there are no major holidays in this period, if you go during the week, the difference in crowds with WDW will probably make you faint ;-) It won't all be walk on, but I think you will encounter short lines.

And yes it's doable, the RER starts early and finishes late on this route, but always check before you leave.

The difference between week days and week ends is huge. There aren't many people, even staying onsite, that stay for more than 3-4 nights and most do a long week ends stay. Add to that the locals and Saturdays and Sundays have much bigger crowds. Visit during the week if you can!

I was planning going on a Tuesday or Wednesday, so it sounds like we should be good.

I looked at the RER and it appears the station is practically in the park!

Is it best to order tickets directly from Disney or are there cheaper, reputable sites?

The difference between week days and week ends is huge. There aren't many people, even staying onsite, that stay for more than 3-4 nights and most do a long week ends stay. Add to that the locals and Saturdays and Sundays have much bigger crowds. Visit during the week if you can!
Does this apply to July as well, or are week days just as crowded doe to summer? We will be there for a half day Thursday, all Friday, and Saturday morning. Thank you!

Is it best to order tickets directly from Disney or are there cheaper, reputable sites?

There aren't many, but I've heard some people talk about using Picniq https://tickets.picniq.co.uk/disneyland-paris/

Does this apply to July as well, or are week days just as crowded doe to summer? We will be there for a half day Thursday, all Friday, and Saturday morning. Thank you!

During the week in the summer it will be busy, but I've rarily seen the crowd levels WDW sometimes achieves.
July is the the one month almost everyone in Europe has a school holiday. France in general is a popular vacation destination and many families take a day or two to visit Disneyland.

Ascension day is Thursday 30th May and I think is a public holiday in France so I would avoid that if you can. UK schools are also on holiday that week and while crowds are still manageable during that week you'll have even quieter parks if you avoid it.

Hey, for your tickets you can book a package on a private sale site I like showroomprive and vente-privee but at the moment there is an up to 35% off with free for children under 12 years old which is pretty nice. Usually, the private sales offers start the next day the official offers are over.

I used that Picniq site for my tickets and I want to say I paid around 64 euros for a 1 day park hopper and had no issues. I remember thinking, "this sure seems cheap!" All was well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!