Dlp Pre-trip Questions

smilingmouse

<font color=CC00FF>Eeyore's Girl ~ <font color=gre
Hi! I just booked my 2nd vacation at DLP from Jan 13-18, 2005.
I'm spending the 1st two night at the Sequoia, then switching to the Holiday Inn for the rest of my stay. Evan though this is my 2nd visit, I still have several questions. I would appreciate ant opinions/advice

1. What is the Holiday Inn like? Do they have non-smoking rooms? What are the restaurants like? Are they expensive?

2. What sort of food is served at Cafe Mickey? Any idea how much lunch would cost for 1 adult?

3. I've heard about three types of meal coupons that can be purchased. How do these coupons work? Are they a good idea if you want to visit expensive restaurants, Inventions, Auberge, Blue Lagoon, etc?

4. What is Fantillusion like? How does it compare to Fantasmic at WDW?

5. I'm a huge Eeyore fan.....Will I be able to find him at DLP?

6. How much does a train ticket cost from DLP to Paris? If I want to to Paris for a day, would it be a good idea to get the Paris Visit pass? Or, would buying individual tickets be cheaper?

TIA for all of your help!

4. What is Fantillusion like? How does it compare to Fantasmic at WDW?
Fantillusion is a parade, so it's more along the lines of SpectroMagic. I enjoyed it, but they seemed to cut part of it short this year vs. last year.

6. How much does a train ticket cost from DLP to Paris? If I want to to Paris for a day, would it be a good idea to get the Paris Visit pass? Or, would buying individual tickets be cheaper?
The RER between Paris and DLP is 6 euro each way. The Paris visit pass would only be good if you planned to ride the subways or buses more once you arrive in Paris.

Thanks for the answers. I really appreciate all of the help I can get :)

Bexx,

Thans for the reply and the site info! I'm a bit complusive when it comes to planning, so I'm already trying to make as many plans as possible :)

Thanks again!

p.s. I love your user name. I'm a Becky too, and people call me Becks a lot!

Compulsive planners unite - I ask questions about things I probably won't ever even do!!:teeth:

Actually it's my SILs of 12 years that started calling me Becks, and now it's sort of stuck. I think smilingmouse is a much cuter user name, though!:)

:wave2:

Thank you smilingmouse. That's a real compliment to me, seeing as I'm probably the least creative person I know!!:teeth:

5. will you see eeyhore

yes defo if you go to cafe mickey, also worth checking who is going to be at your hotel

Is Eeyore always at Cafe Mickey? Or, is he just there for certain meals?

I can't ever recall seeing Eeyore in Cafe Mickey it could have just been the time i was there. However I have seen him in the Hotel New York riding round on a scooter & in the main park.

Originally posted by smilingmouse
Is Eeyore always at Cafe Mickey? Or, is he just there for certain meals?

got a pic somewhere of me and eeyore from cafe mickey, but im sure you'll see him, id only ever seen donald duck once when ive been to florida about 5 times now, saw him 4 times in 3days in DLP

made my day, donalds my hero

I did see Eeyore first thing in the morning when the park opened and the characters arrive in the buses etc.

I think that the Winnie the Pooh characters appear a bit because of the number of Brits who attend - Winne being a British creation etc. My work colleague is also mad-keen on Eeyore so I am under strict orders to seek out new forms of Eeyore 'stuff' for her.

Personally, I am a Beast fan. I didn't get to see him at the parks but I suspect it is pot-luck who appears each visit.

I tried to find Eeyore on my last visit to DLP in DEC 2003, but I didn't have any luck :( Hopefully, I'll have better luck in Jan :)

Eyeore - I did see him on our first trip to DLP (gosh that was only about 14 months ago and we've just booked our 4th trip!) believe it or not he will walking rather unsteadily out of the lucky nugget saloon in Frontierland at about 11pm :hyper: He did attempt to put his head straight and wave at the kids when he saw them though - a very funny moment, but not one for getting an autograph.

LOL......where's the video camera when you need it :)\

Thanks for the laugh :)

Wish I'd seen that. It must have been hysterical.

Not nice if the kiddies saw it though! How would you explain that Eyeore wasn't stumbling around like a drunken idiot - he was just playing a nice friendly game with Pooh!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter