DLP shares

diberry

DIS Veteran
I keep seeing bits and bobs about shareholding and am wondering if I should think about getting some shares but I really don't know anything about it. Can somebody with experience of these things tell me please what are the benefits (and how much it's likely to cost!!!) Many thanks.

Its should be straight forward in buying them. You have to have a minimum of 20 shares to join the shareholders club. If you have less then 350 shares you have to pay a 15 euro fee for 2 years membership. Any amount of 350 the fee is waivered.

The shares are trading at about 20 pence each at the moment, but you have to pay a one off commission from the bank you purchase them from. You have to make sure if you buy them you get a share certificate because without this you cannott join the club.

Hope this helps.

I have also posted the discounts you will receive.

Nikki.

Discounts & Privileges

EXCEPTIONAL REDUCTIONS

Upon presentation of your valid Shareholders Club card

Discounts on Disney Park Tickets

15% Including Annual Passports, Hopper Tickets
Excepted promotional offers

To enjoy these discounts, present your valid Club Card at the Park entrance ticket windows only.

Discounts on Disney© Hotels (1)
ON "CLASSIC" PACKAGES OR ROOMS ONLY
From - 5% to -10% According to the season (1)

Upon booking on the dedicated telephone number for Shareholders Club members only:
00 33 (0)1 60 30 60 72.

Other Discounts
- 10% Disneyland® Resort Paris Boutiques (2)
The Disney Stores Europe (2)
"Green Fees" at Disneyland® Resort Paris Golf
"Buffalo Bill's Wild West Show" Dinner Show
Table service restaurants and buffets in Disney Parks, Disney Hotels,
Disney® Village (3) and Golf Disneyland® Resort Paris

To enjoy these discounts, present your valid Club Card at the time of payment on Site.

EXCLUSIVE PRIVILEGES

New: a free line to answer your questions about Euro Disney S.C.A at 00800 67 74 56 30 (4)
Receive the Shareholders Club Newsletter sharing Company life and Disneyland Resort Paris news.

And a letter announcing the financial results every quarter.
Consult the latest Company and Shareholders Club news on the web site
http://www.eurodisney.com.
Participate in events organized especially for you: sneak previews, Disney Parks visits, inaugurations, etc.
Come start your day off right at the Salon Mickey where you'll enjoy a VIP welcome, every day from 9 AM to 12 PM (5).

1) Disneyland® Hotel, Disney’s Hotel New York®, Disney’s New Port Bay Club®, Disney’s Sequoia Lodge®, Disney’s Hotel Cheyenne®, Disney’s Hotel Santa Fe®, Disney’s Davy Crockett Ranch®. For season dates and availability, contact us on 00 33 (0)1 60 30 60 72. Hotels packages excluding transport.

2) Except on certain articles (see in Boutiques). This discount cannot be combined with other promotional offers. Reduction valid on a minimum amount of € 15.

3) Except Rainforest Café®, King’s Ludwig Castle®, Planet Hollywood® and McDonald's From France, Germany, United-Kingdom, Belgium, Netherlands, Spain, Italy only.

4) Rules attached to the Salon Mickey available on this website and at the Salon Mickey.

Thanks ever so much Nikki - I appreciate it. It seems like it's worth it then. Do the benefits just apply to the shareholder or other members of his/her party?

I emailed Dlp about this and this really helpful CM called Vittorio
replied immediately.

When visiting Salon Mickey you can take yourself and up to 4 members of your family which are spouse/partner, children or parents OR yourself and 3 guests.

The full list of rules is on http://www.eurodisney.com/fr/

I bought some shares recently, they were 19p each and I paid about £20 charges with Nationwide.

Although we won't be able to use the discount with our hotel next year (we will have to stay in Explorers as there is 5 of us and our budget won't extend to Newport Bay family room!) when we are on holiday we do like to eat at restaurants rather than fast food and I thought the card would save us quite a bit of money there. Also with 3 DD's, we do spend rather a lot in the Disney shops!

Plus, remember I am the one who likes to plan ahead LOL!, when my DD's have all left home, my DH and I can stay in the Disneyland Hotel (with discount!):)

Elaine

Thank you so much - that was really kind of you and I really appreciate it! I'm sure there's a lot to learn but it sounds interesting and, as we plan to go 3 or 4 times a year, it should be good financially. I'll certainly look up the website info. Many thanks again.

The Salon Mickey part really appealed to me. As we will be staying in the Explorers next year we will not have the option of eating breakfast in the park like guests in the Disney hotels can. :(
I thought we would try the breakfast in the Explorers first and if we can get an early sitting and it is not too much of a rugby scrum as I have heard some of the hotel breakfasts are, we will eat there every morning. If it is awful then we can just give it a miss and visit Salon Mickey for a pastry and beverage! I know we will have paid for our breakfast in our package but I would rather get in the parks early!

We are already AP holders - is it worth having shares too? What would the benefits be?

Sorry, can't help you with that one! What benefits do you get with an AP?

Elaine

An AP gets you a 10% discount in shops and restaurants and entry to the parks for a year (so effectively you only pay for the room each time you visit). We've found it a huge saving eg: we are staying 5 nights in December at the Santa Fe which is costing us £178 between the 2 of us including breakfast. I don't know if having shares would give us further discounts or not.

You'd get 15% discount off the cost of your AP. Don't know about your family's AP's, it might be worth emailing them at
dlp.actionnaires@disney.com.
to see if they would qualify for the discount too!

Otherwise the discount in the shops and restaurants is the same (10%) and the hotel discount varies between 5% and 10% according to season. You'd probably be better off using your AP discount, what's the bet it would only be 5% over Christmas!!!

Elaine

There are no AP discounts on hotels during Christmas week at all. During particular weeks it is all the way up to 25%. There is never an AP discount on New York or Disneyland hotels. You can get what they call the "room only" rate, but it is not as low as you might think considering you don't need entrances. If owning shares gives you a discount on hotels regardless of dates or seasons AND shareholders can buy AP's for lower rates, then it would seem a good deal...

Can someone tell me please what are the advantages of buying more than 20 shares if you get all the same benefits (apart from the 20euro admin fee) whether you buy 20 or 350? Thanks

The only benefit would be if they increase in value & you choose to seel, you will make more money.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter