DLP to Airport for Early Flight

Erzengel

DIS Veteran
I read through the stickies but wanted to see people's experiences getting to the airport. We have a flight at 9:45AM. The first shuttles start around 6:40 and with an hour travel time, 7:40 AM which would get us to the airport only 2 hours. The train seems to leaves around the same time and takes over an hour.

I know it's recommended 2 and a half hours.

Should we just leave the night before and stay at a hotel closer to the airport? What are some of your experiences?

The train should only take 10 minutes. I would prefer train over bus anyway.

2 hours should be fine is my experience, however, I am a bit paranoia when it comes to public transport and going to an airport. I would go for the airport hotel, more sleep + knowledge not possibly getting stuck in traffic, is the win-win for me.

If I had to guess, it would be that you are taking UA 56 frpm CDG to EWR. I only guess this because we just took this flight ourselves last month, and it left at the same time. Not only that, we went to CDG directly from DLP, so here's what we did.

I looked into the scheduled DLP Shuttle, but the first pick-up time was not early enough for our comfort level in terms of insuring that we arrived at CDG in time. The shuttle booking page has an option for a private vehicle run by Super Shuttle. We booked that for a p/u window of 5:50 AM - 6:05 AM, at a price of 85 Euros for a family of four after a discount was applied for navigating in from the DLP Shuttle site.

We had no problem with the actual trip. I had booked online before we ever left the US, and they were at the hotel right on time. There no issues with the drive to the airport, and we were there in plenty of time. It was very early, but we had zero stress about getting to the airport, the check-in process, or any other part of going through the airport to the gate.

The issue is I think the first train is around 7:45? Even with 10 minutes, it would put us at the airport less than 2 hours before our flight.

Two hours can be hit-or-miss, especially since I believe you have an international passport and cannot use the Parafe (automated) gates for passport control. I might do it if I have Sky Priority, but to be honest, even with SP and a French passport, I'd like to arrive 5 hours early (shopping and lounge time, yeah!)

If the hotel you're staying in is nice, why not take a taxi at 6AM? You would be ahead of the traffic jam, and yet you will enjoy your last day at DLP.
Or, if you'd like the convenience of sleeping at CDG, I would highly recommend the Pullman hotel. Staff is top-notch, they have a very good restaurant serving french food and a fully-stocked bar with wonderful wines and some Champaign by the glass. Wonderful location to end a trip in France. (Not affiliated with the hotel, very satisfied guest.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts