Dlp ??

Crystalwv

Mouseketeer
I have a DLP question for you...My DH and DS-9 will be headed for London on July 12-19. They would like to visit DLP while there. I know that they can take the chunnel (forgive my spelling), but once in Paris do they catch a train on to DLP? Any information would be greatly appreciated. My DH has been to London many times as his brother lives there, but this is DS's 1st visit and he would like to make it extra special. As if visiting London at the age of 9 isn't special enough! Thanks in advance! Have a great day!

Hi Crystalwv :)

Check out

http://www.eurostar.co.uk/

You can get the Eurostar direct from London Waterloo straight to DLP at certain times. Alternatively, you can get the train to Paris but then you would need to take the Metro to a different station to pick up the connection on the RER (local) trains to DLP (Marne la Valley Chessy) - it would take about 20-30 mins or so to change stations and then the RER is about another 30 minutes to DLP, so if you can get the direct train, it is much better! It is a small area and the station is a couple of minutes walk from both the park gates and all the hotels. When you are on the Eurostar Paris site there are a number of web-links including one for the Paris Tourist Board:-

http://www.paris-touristoffice.com/

Which can give loads of info on Paris, including Metro (Subway) and RER maps.

I would try to book your seats as soon as possible, especially if going on the direct DLP service as the more it sells out, the more expensive the tickets become.

DLP is a fabulous park - very pretty and well worth the effort to get there :D

Anything else, ask away! :D

Penny

At that time of year there is a daily service direct to the gates of DLP (literally) from London waterloo station. It is a very pleasant 3 hour journey. Train departs waterloo station at approx 9.30am, returning from DLP/Marne la Vallee station at approx 7.45pm every day.

I would recommend that you stay at least one night, preferably two nights in one of the Disney hotels to see all the park has to offer.

Another good website is:

http://www.dlp-guidebook.de/index_e.htm

Regards

Rob

Thank you so much for the info. DH is going to check out train tickets in the morning. If I'm understanding right, the only straight trip to DLP is on Sundays? Maybe I'm confused. Anyway, if you can think of any pointers please send them to us. If I think of any more questions I will let you know. Thank you again!

Crystal

The frequency of the DLP train depends on School Holidays. So, I believe at the moment, there is one DLP a DAY.

London - Disneyland® Paris.

Notes:

Train Number 9074
London Waterloo 09.27
Ashford International 10.27
Disneyland® Paris 13.29

Disneyland® Paris - London

Notes:
Train Number 9057
Disneyland® Paris 19.35
Ashford International 20.37
London Waterloo 21.39

Remember, there is a one hour time difference between the UK and France - so the journey takes about 3 hours. There is plenty to do at DLP and you should really be thinking of staying atleast overnight at a Disney Hotel which are all within walking distance to the Park and Disney Village.

Ask as many questions as you like - we are happy to help if we can :D

Penny!

Thanks for the info. DH has ressies at NY hotel for one night. This included 2 day tickets plus continental breakfast. His brother is in Italy, but will return to the UK Wednesday and he plans on getting the Eurostar tickets then. We are confused on if he has to make a connection once in Paris. He will be catching the train in Harpendon (spelling?) to Waterloo and then on to Paris. Once in Paris does he need to switch or does it go straight to DLP? Also, is it confusing on the way back? We read a trip report and someone said it was confusing. Sorry if I am making this more difficult than need be. Thanks for all of your help...it's appreciated! I'm sure I'll have even more questions in the next few days. Thanks again!

Crystal,

There is currently one train a day that takes you directly to DLP. No changes or anything, and it delivers you to the front gate of the park - literally! This is the train that I gave the timetable for earlier.

However, if that train is full, or you wish to travel at a different time of day, the Eurostar also has trains running regularly throughout the day to Paris. If you take one of the Paris trains, then you need to take the Metro and connect to a different train station to catch the local RER (surburban) train to DLP. They do not leave from the same train station as the Eurostar arrives in.

The return trip is no more complicated than the outward one :D

Hope that helps some more.

And do feel free to ask as many questions as you like - it's no problem - we are happy to help :D

Penny! :D

On my train trip to DLP I took the Eurostar from Waterloo and changed at Lille. At Lille it was a case of changing platform only and that train took me direct to DLP, although this train DIDN'T terminate at DLP so you need to make sure you GET OFF or you'll end up in the south of France LOL :eek: ( actually there are worse places to end up :) )

The best deals on tickets are usually if you but them either 7 or 14 days in advance, but I believe there is no problem collecting the tickets on the day at Waterloo if you didn't want them mailed.

Hope they have a great trip :)

Thanks to everyone for their help. DH now has 2 seats on the Eurostar! Thank you Penny for the numbers. He just called and gave the lady the train numbers and she looked up some info and helped him book. It went very smoothly. My DS is so excited, everyday he gets up and tells me how many days he has to go until he leaves:( I know he will have a great time, but what is mom supposed to do for 7 days without her baby?! You all have been a big help. Thanks again! Maybe someday I will get brave enough to make that flight over the ocean!

Just wanted to thank you all again for your great advice. DH and DS flew out of Pittsburgh on July 12 to Philadelphia where they were upgraded to first class for the flight to Gatwick. DS loved this kind of treatment. I thought maybe he would sleep, but Dh said he only slept 1.5 hours. They rested on Friday and went into London on Saturday. They went to Sega world, RFC, and rode the London I. On Sunday they had a relaxing day at BIL's apartment. On Monday they caught the Eurostar into DLP. DH said this was the best thing ever. He said it was so very easy that my DS could probably do it himself next time. They checked into the New York Hotel which they said was just lovely and hit the park. First ride was Space Mtn then onto Indiana Jones. The park wasn't as crowded as they had expected it to be. They got to do every ride that they had wanted to do. On Tuesday they headed for the pool first thing and then onto the park again. DH said they rode Space Mtn. 4 times. After the park closed they headed for the Eurostar and headed back to London with no problems. Once in London they stopped somewhere for Dh to get coffee before catching the next train when some guy pulled out a gun and started waving it around. DH grabbed DS and ran UP the down escalator. He said he didn't know what the guy planned to do, but they weren't staying around to find out. They caught their train and it got stuck for about an hour on the tracks. They made it back at BIL's apartment and headed for bed. I'm so grateful to you guys for helping make a memory for my son by giving us such good advice on the DLP trip. I don't think it would have gone so well if it hadn't been for your info. Keep DH and DS in you thoughts and prayers as they leave on Thursday to make that long trip home.

Hi CrystalW

Wow - they certainly have packed a lot in during their stay haven't they :)

I am shocked to read about the Gun incident! My word - I have never heard
of anything like that before. How frightening for your son and husband. I do
hope it wouldn't put you or anyone from visiting us in the UK again - this is
most definetly an isolated incident! Quite shocking and bizarre! :)

Lovely to read about their trip - thank you for telling us.

Sounds like the had a wonderful time (except for the gun incident :eek: ). How did they think DLP compared to the other Magic Kingdoms you have visited?

Regards

Rob

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!