Dme....luggage only.....don't want to ride the bus!!!!!

Semi related question. I have a work conference at the airport Hyatt Monday through Thursday. I booked a night at WL Thursday night and will fly home on Friday night. I know I can get DME on the return, but can I book it TO WL even though my flight is arriving on Monday but I don't need the ride until Thursday?

Semi related question. I have a work conference at the airport Hyatt Monday through Thursday. I booked a night at WL Thursday night and will fly home on Friday night. I know I can get DME on the return, but can I book it TO WL even though my flight is arriving on Monday but I don't need the ride until Thursday?
Yes.

I feel as though it makes the luggage service completely pointless if youre required to go straight to your hotel no matter what. You might as well pick up your luggage in baggage claim and save yourself the concern since youre not really saving any time.

I feel as though it makes the luggage service completely pointless if youre required to go straight to your hotel no matter what. You might as well pick up your luggage in baggage claim and save yourself the concern since youre not really saving any time.

You don't have to wait at the resort for your luggage. You are free to go to the parks.

But you are saving time. You don't have to wait on luggage to come to the baggage claim area. You go straight to the bus and once at your resort, on with whatever it is you want to do for the day. I'd venture to guess that a vast majority of travelers take items on the plane that they wouldn't want to drag around the parks so you need to leave that stuff somewhere. Your resort is the more logical place, so a vast majority need to go there anyway.

You don't have to wait at the resort for your luggage. You are free to go to the parks.

Yes! Also, if you use Magical Express, you don't have to go to baggage claim at the airport. Baggage claim takes time -- sometimes considerable time. And you don't have to drag your checked bags around the airport or around the resort.

With Magical Express, you go from your gate to the Magical Express boarding area. The ride is free. You check in at your Disney hotel and get your room key cards. You can drop by your room if it's ready, but there no need to wait for your bags. You can go out and have fun. In the evening, when you return to your room, your bags will be in it.

Apparently you have never waited at baggage claim at MCO. While others are waiting at baggage claim for their bags, we are already on DME on our way to our hotel.
Plus if you grab your own bags, you need to tip your driver accordingly for stowing your bags under the bus. Plus you then have to drag them to bell services (or luggage assistance depending on the level hotel you are staying at) and potentially wait in line there and also tipping yet again for someone else handling your bags if you want to head out to the parks.
Soooo Much Easier to let DME handle the luggage right at the airport!!!

I'm not sure why you think this. What difference does luggage delivery have on where you do to? You are required to go to the resort you are staying at merely because it's easier to schedule buses that way. You can't stay at POR but take the bus to the CR in order to get off and go directly to the MK. You go to POR and then take the bus to MK...a difference of maybe 30 mins. Your tagged luggage goes directly to your room, you don't need to be there to have it delivered! So, tag the bags, let DME handle them, take the bus to your resort, drop off any carry on bags you may have with Bell Services, then go to a park...no need to go near your room, unless it's ready and you want to go there.
If you go to baggage claim to get your untagged bags, you'll be standing there, waiting for your bags for at least 15 mins, then you have to go to the DME area...can be an issue depending on which side of MCO you arrived on (arrive on Side A and you have to go down to level 2 to get your checked bags, then go back up to level 3 and cross over to Side B, then go down to level 1, ground transportation, to get the DME bus). It normally adds almost 25-30 mins to your overall time when you get your own bags.

We have no desire to have a rental car while there but our last trip, arriving at MCO on Saturday Dec 10th, had us waiting at least an hour in this ridiculous line to just get on the ME bus, then the drive. Our other 4 trips had no such problem. I think this was our first time arriving on a Saturday, was that the problem? Going back again in late May on a Friday and likely to try the ME again but as we are staying at Beach Club I'm contemplating renting a car thru National and returning to the Dolphin and walking to the hotel. Does anyone know if certain days of the week are worse than others? Early December isn't a peak Disney time.

The 10th was horrible. There was even a thread all about it because it was so unusual. No one had a great reason for why it happened, but it's really not normal from what I've read and experienced in the past.

We have no desire to have a rental car while there but our last trip, arriving at MCO on Saturday Dec 10th, had us waiting at least an hour in this ridiculous line to just get on the ME bus, then the drive. Our other 4 trips had no such problem. I think this was our first time arriving on a Saturday, was that the problem? Going back again in late May on a Friday and likely to try the ME again but as we are staying at Beach Club I'm contemplating renting a car thru National and returning to the Dolphin and walking to the hotel. Does anyone know if certain days of the week are worse than others? Early December isn't a peak Disney time.
It being a Saturday likely had something to do with it. We flew in on a Saturday in 2014 and I remember waiting in line for DME. I don't think it was an hour, but we did wait. In 2015 we flew in on a Thursday and there was virtually no line. I'm sure time of day affects it as well. (IIRC our 2015 flight landed later in the afternoon, whereas in 2014 we arrived around noon.) This year we're flying in on Sunday, so we'll see if that's better or worse than Saturday.

Have to say last time we went, my daughter was disappointed that the cartoon on the bus ride was replaced with quizzes 'commercials' about the parks.

Have to say last time we went, my daughter was disappointed that the cartoon on the bus ride was replaced with quizzes 'commercials' about the parks.
It's not. There are both, though I guess you could hit the cycle where you only get the quizes if you have a very short ride. They have those newer Mickey cartoons, where he's drawn differently. I know they have a name and I'm blanking on it. We always see the one where his ears disappear.

It's not. There are both, though I guess you could hit the cycle where you only get the quizes if you have a very short ride. They have those newer Mickey cartoons, where he's drawn differently. I know they have a name and I'm blanking on it. We always see the one where his ears disappear.

Good to know -- the bus ride was pretty long though, we were last stop on dropoff and first on pickup

Can someone please post the ME website to enter my flight information.
The old link I have doesn't work and my searching has come up empty. I'm obviously doing something wrong because it shouldn't be this hard. :crazy2:

Can someone please post the ME website to enter my flight information.
The old link I have doesn't work and my searching has come up empty. I'm obviously doing something wrong because it shouldn't be this hard. :crazy2:
Try using a different browser. I almost exclusively use IE but the link for DME didn't work. I tried Chrome and it worked perfectly. There was a thread about it a few weeks ago.

We are renting DVC points and arrive next Saturday the 11th. Would it be too late to add on Magical Express? How quickly can you get the luggage tags?

We are renting DVC points and arrive next Saturday the 11th. Would it be too late to add on Magical Express? How quickly can you get the luggage tags?
Never too late.
Probably won't get the tags but no worries.
Just give the CM at check in for ME your claim checks. They'll get the bags

Last edited:
Has anyone recently used DME for luggage service only? Two of us plan to ride DME while the other rents a car and drives to the resort, however if my daughter with autism has a meltdown in the airport we might all choose to take the car to the resort. Hopefully our luggage will still make it?!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!