Dme....luggage only.....don't want to ride the bus!!!!!

Thank you, that's what I was originally thinking too. I just wasn't sure if RAC would match up against the hotel reservation. We will give it a try, but if we run into any issues like Alesia pointed out, we will take the bags ourselves.
You have to check your bags with RAC at the hotel/resort you are registered at! You are not allowed (at least that's been the case up to now) to take your bags to another resort and check them there. It makes no difference who is on your flight confirmation...as long as you are listed on a flight, you can check your bags, but it has to be at the resort you are staying at.
Now, having said that, I suppose that if you were staying at, say the Dolphin which doesn't offer RAC services, but your daughter was at BW, you could drag your bags over to BW and have your daughter check them in there, under her name. But, it would be costly...with the exception of SW, most airlines charge for checked bags. And even SW charges for the third bag!!
So, each person is better off just checking their bags at their own resort.

Hi, I'm still not clear on this. I read that on my return trip to MCO, I can check my bags using RAC and not use ME even if I signed up for it on my arrival. The question I have is my traveling party is on the same flight reservation, but three are at a different hotel. Since we are on the same flight, can I check in all the bags with RAC at my hotel? Thank you!

It's a TSA person that will likely meet with you for the baggage checkin at the resort and that's the real deal security check just like at the airport -- only faster and way more convenient -- will match the bag with the Photo ID, boarding pass and of all traveling adults. I think everyone is going to have to be together or do the baggage check themselves are their own resort

Can you use RAC at a resort that you aren't staying at? I'm pretty sure that you can't, but I could be confusing it with something else

Technically you should be able to. But I think they go through the reservations and see who is checking out and using DME to start the process. I have had them already print my boarding pass and leave it on my door ahead of time. I just take my bags, show my ID and I am good to go. You might want to ask them before the day you leave and see what your options are. I would think that just as long as you are staying at a WDW resort that it should not matter.

Technically you should be able to. But I think they go through the reservations and see who is checking out and using DME to start the process. I have had them already print my boarding pass and leave it on my door ahead of time. I just take my bags, show my ID and I am good to go. You might want to ask them before the day you leave and see what your options are. I would think that just as long as you are staying at a WDW resort that it should not matter.
Nope. You can't use RAC at a resort you are not staying at (@goofy4tink confirmed it above.)

Thank you all for the replies! We will check in separately at our own resorts.

I have to ask, why would you want to drag your bags to another resort, just to check them in? Seems like a fair amount of work. Just curious.

I have to ask, why would you want to drag your bags to another resort, just to check them in? Seems like a fair amount of work. Just curious.

The 3 traveling from the other hotel have the car and since we were all on the same confirmation and all guests of WDW resorts I thought it would be easier and save time if we checked in together. I was also trying to avoid confusion with my name being the lead on the SWA confirmation and only secondary members checking in separately at at the other resort.

The RAC lines can be quite long. Throwing the bags in a car and taking them out to check in the front of the hotel doesn't seem like a big deal if it makes the check in go more smoothly.

The 3 traveling from the other hotel have the car and since we were all on the same confirmation and all guests of WDW resorts I thought it would be easier and save time if we checked in together. I was also trying to avoid confusion with my name being the lead on the SWA confirmation and only secondary members checking in separately at at the other resort.

The RAC lines can be quite long. Throwing the bags in a car and taking them out to check in the front of the hotel doesn't seem like a big deal if it makes the check in go more smoothly.
I've never encountered a long line, at least more than 2 or 3 people in front of me, but I tend to check my bags prior to 8am. It doesn't matter who the lead person is. As long as each person is listed on the flight info, it's all good. They just need to know their flight info.

I've never encountered a long line, at least more than 2 or 3 people in front of me, but I tend to check my bags prior to 8am. It doesn't matter who the lead person is. As long as each person is listed on the flight info, it's all good. They just need to know their flight info.

This is what I was thinking too. I have never had more then a couple of families in front of me and I have gone at all times of the morning, depending on my flight. Maybe we have just been extremely lucky.

Probably 4 or 5 times at the BWI we have been on line for a 1/2 hour or so with many families in front of us. We travel at high volume times however.
Glad your experiences have been different.

Probably 4 or 5 times at the BWI we have been on line for a 1/2 hour or so with many families in front of us. We travel at high volume times however.
Glad your experiences have been different.
I've seen lines that are on the long side, but that's been around 9am or so. If families are flying home around 12:30-2:00, they tend to not go to parks, so they sleep a bit late, pack up that morning, then head down to RAC just before it's time to leave, either via DME or some other way. They tend to leave RAC until about 3:5 hrs prior to flight time. So, you see longer lines after 8:30 or so. That's why I take my bags down by 7!

Okay so, if I check my bags at SFO with the DME tags, they will go no matter what? And then I can take a private shuttle of my own? I do not have patience to read through all of these. What is RAC? We will be taking the bus on the way back.

Okay so, if I check my bags at SFO with the DME tags, they will go no matter what? And then I can take a private shuttle of my own? I do not have patience to read through all of these. What is RAC? We will be taking the bus on the way back.
Yes, your tagged bags 'should' get to your resort just fine.
As far as your return to MCO goes, RAC (remote airline checkin) is a service offered by BAGS, at each resort. As long as you are flying home on a 'participating airline' you can go to the RAC counter and get your boarding pass issued and your bags checked. Just be aware that you must be walking away from the RAC counter no less than 3 hrs prior to your flight departure time...for example, your flight is at 9am, you must be done at RAC no later than 6am...if you get there at 6:05, you will be turned away. Also, RAC opens at 5am, so if you have a flight much earlier than 8:15, you won't be able to use RAC and you'll have to take your bags with you, back to MCO, and check them at the airport.

Yes, your tagged bags 'should' get to your resort just fine.
As far as your return to MCO goes, RAC (remote airline checkin) is a service offered by BAGS, at each resort. As long as you are flying home on a 'participating airline' you can go to the RAC counter and get your boarding pass issued and your bags checked. Just be aware that you must be walking away from the RAC counter no less than 3 hrs prior to your flight departure time...for example, your flight is at 9am, you must be done at RAC no later than 6am...if you get there at 6:05, you will be turned away. Also, RAC opens at 5am, so if you have a flight much earlier than 8:15, you won't be able to use RAC and you'll have to take your bags with you, back to MCO, and check them at the airport.

Oh cool. That's good to know about them printing our boarding passes. I somehow split 2 of my kids from my reservation and cannot link them to my Delta account. So that's a nice bonus then I won't have to do it at the airport?

This is what I was thinking too. I have never had more then a couple of families in front of me and I have gone at all times of the morning, depending on my flight. Maybe we have just been extremely lucky.
Countless flights home and we'd never had a long line/wait. Until we did. Our last trip coming home, this past July, leaving from Poly. Close to an hour in line. Never had anything near that before. We always check out within the same hour, 10-11. Everyone's luck runs is likely to run out eventually, I suppose. Thankfully we never plan anything specific or time critical on departure day

If we don’t want to wait on our bags to be delivered to our resort via Disney Express from the airport, can we pick them up ourselves at baggage claim and take them directly to the bus we take to our resort? We would not use the tags sent to us, right?

If we take a limo with our bags to our resort from the airport, can we use Disney Express to return to airport at the end of our trip?

If we don’t want to wait on our bags to be delivered to our resort via Disney Express from the airport, can we pick them up ourselves at baggage claim and take them directly to the bus we take to our resort? We would not use the tags sent to us, right?
Yep and yep

If we take a limo with our bags to our resort from the airport, can we use Disney Express to return to airport at the end of our trip?
Yep.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!