DME to Poly

Tinker_Belle

DIS Veteran
About how long does it take to get from the airport to the Polynesian? Our flight is scheduled to arrive at 3:30, and I was thinking of going to the luau that night. I'm so hesitant to make ADRs for our arrival day, but I'm trying to squeeze all I can out of this trip.

Disney says to allow 75 - 90 minutes to arrive at your resort from the time your plane lands. I would NOT book ADR on arrival day. You have no way of predicting if your flight will arrive on time. There are too many things that can happen that could delay your flight. If there is a storm in Orlando they pull all the ground crew off the tarmac when there is lightening and put planes in a holding pattern over the airport if it is a small thunder cell. Or delay the plane from taking off from its departure airport when there is bad weather in Florida. Happened to my Nephew last year. He boarded his plane and was informed there would be a delay in taking off. The delay was an hour and a half leaving Dallas. He called my husband who is a pilot and it was because there was a storm in Orlando and Orlando had a ground stop on all flights coming in because of the lightening. Then my Nephew landed in Orlando and had to sit on the plane for another 25 minutes and wait for a gate to open up. That is only one example of what could go wrong so I would not book a luau. If you miss the luau you will forfeit all of the money you had to prepay for it. And for the luau you have to prepay the full cost of the luau.

Last edited:
I agree with the previous poster. We got to Poly 2.5 hours after we landed. Our luggage got to our room 10 minutes later, so clearly our ME bus didn't take the right route. There had been two accidents on the route, including one near the contemporary. This was the longest ME ride we've ever had, by far, but I was glad we didn't have anything planned for the afternoon.

Will it take you 2.5 hours after you are scheduled to land? I really doubt it. But when there is a risk of losing a couple hundred bucks, I tend to plan for the worst case.

Thanks. You're both right. I was leaning toward not, especially for the luau. We were originally planning to do MK that night, but now it looks like MNSSHP.

Last edited:

The one time I booked something on the same day as I arrived, it didn't work. I was supposed to land at 11:30, had something booked for 3:00, at the same resort I was staying at. I figured I was golden. Nope. There was a mechanical issue with the plane, so we actually took off at the time we were supposed to be landing!!! Missed my function!!!
I no longer do that...nothing is booked for the arrival day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter