Do bedrails work on pullout chairs?

BraveLittleToaster2

DIS Veteran
Staying at BLT and was planning on having my 3 year old sleep in the sleeper chair. Will the bed rails they provide work on that bed? He needs the rails because he rolls all over the place when he sleeps!

No the bed rails won't go on the chair to my recollection. That said, the top half of the bed has the chair arms as sides. My very rolly 4 year old slept in the chair bed two years ago and had no trouble staying in the bed. You could also just take the cushions off and put them on the floor and put a sheet on that. We did that in Fort Wilderness a few weeks ago. Took some couch cushions and make a bed for him out of those. He was happy and couldn't fall but 3-4 inches.

The bed rails we used at GF were the ones that you place under the mattress. Im not sure how the chair pull out is made. If the mattress of it is separable from the frame you should be able to place the bed rails in between. If its all one piece then they wont work. I would call the resort directly to ask.

You can look into travel bumpers (long tubes that inflate so easy packing) or pool noodles! I've used pool noodles under the fitted sheet and they are bog enough to stop a kid from rolling off the bed. That being said, DS slept on a pull out chair bed at ASMu. He did not roll out due to the arm rests of the chair (like PP stated).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter