Do Florida teachers get discounts on certain attractions

old lady

DIS Veteran
Is that true? I heard they were from Florida dept. of Education. What are they and are there some Disney discounts? If not, why?

Not that you really care, oh mighty troll...

But actually, teachers unions elsewhere can get discounts as well. Friend of mine is in Idaho and can buy theme park tickets, or used to be able to at least. Also select hotel discounts. I suspect a teacher in Florida would get better discounts as a state resident though.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/features/deals-shopping/fl-bz-doreen-christensen-theme-park-freebies-florida-teachers-20170518-story.html

T
his is the best article I've seen chronicling all discounts for FL teachers on Orlando attractions. You should probably ask WDW guest relations why there are no WDW discounts for teachers, but my guess is that they don't offer them because they don't need to. FL residents in general get good discounts on admission.
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/feature...freebies-florida-teachers-20170518-story.html

The theme parks are very generous and active in the local communities in a variety of different ways that extend far beyond good prices time to time. You can't grow up here and not be touched by them in some way, even if you never step foot at their theme parks.

There is a probably a bigger story than teachers got an amazing rate a specific weekend but yes it does happen.

I'm certified to teach in Florida and was able to get reduced price tickets at both Sea World and Legoland.

2 years ago when I drive 360 opened my mom who is a teacher got a free year pass for there/legoland

also back in the late 90s at least Epcot used to have discounts for teachers as well as an education center

Free into Sea World plus 50% off tickets there; free into Legoland; teacher discount at Gaylord Palms...

Never seen teacher discounts to WDW. Why? Well, they're a corporation and I'm not entitled to any discount just because I'm a teacher... :rolleyes2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter