Do I need to "activate" my dining plan?

belle2008

Mouseketeer
I looked and couldn't find the answer anywhere so thought I would ask here. We are doing free dining but are arriving the day before our actual free dining package starts. We are planning on hitting the parks first thing in the morning the day our free dining package begins but do I need to do something in order to make sure I can use our credits at the restaurants in the park? Will me doing online check-in be sufficient enough or do I have to actually go to our hotel and check in?

TIA for any help you can give me!

You need to be checked in at your resort, the one associated with your package. Online check-in alone may not work if you're doing a split stay. Last visit, we arrived day before and stayed at the Pop. Next day, we hit the parks early, but we did call and check out of Pop. We'd done online check in for the resort with the DDP (AKL), but when we tried to order lunch...no credits. Had to call guest services and get checked in with room assigned before the DDP credits were available.

Last edited:
We did online check in, got the room ready text while still at the airport, and were able to go right to our room by-passing the front desk. Our DxDP credits were already loaded and ready to use. They expired on 1-23 at midnight when our CL room only started at BWI. You can check your DP credits on the app by clicking on the resort you're staying at along with bus times and room charges.

We stayed offsite last year our first night. Online check-in let me pick a time of arrival. I picked 7:00 am knowing we were RD EMH am at AK. We didn't get our credits until our room was ready.

If you do online check-in, your credits should be available at 4am on your check-in day.

Online check in was enough for us last trip. We had one night at CSR before our package at Pop, never visited the front desk at either resort and were able to use our snack credits the morning our Pop stay started (went directly to DHS after dropping bags with bell services to move for us at CSR).

I bought my Disney package with Costco a couple months ago, and just added and paid for the meal plan today. When will I see it on myDisneyExperience app to confirm and make sure it’s there?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter