Do NOT go until Fast Pass brought back

I think you are seriously underestimating just how much of a wait FP adds to the standby line. I really think it would be a terrible idea to bring back FP until the ride capacities are restored (and then, sure, I would agree with the OP). I mean, if you think standby lines are bad now...

My husband and I don't care if FP's come back or not either. We have visited before there were FP's and didn't mind waiting in the lines, afterall, everyone else waited too. We actually talked with other people and noticed the surroundings (no cell phones either). So, I guess it doesn't bother us. Also a big plus I keep hearing is that even though the lines are long, they move very fast, so that must help.
We also use PH every day. We usually do a specific park for 4 mornings out of a 9 day trip. The afternoons/evenings, we just wing it and go where we want to. The other 5 days, we do the same, just doing what we want. If we want to redo a park, then we do it.
The housekeeping daily, I love! I cook, clean, do laundry and make beds, every day at my house, so when I am on vacation, I make it a point Not to do that. I always enjoyed coming back to a freshly made bed and a straightened up room.
I don't think we will go back to disney until there are no masks, more attractions and places to eat, and less restrictions.

The lines do move... until they have to run a cleaning cycle. Then you wait about 20-30min in place, while they spray down all the ride vehicles and run them through the ride empty so they dry. We were caught in several of those during our trip, including one in Test Track, where the ride went down completely for awhile. Fortunately we were indoors in the a/c, and sitting on the floor for that one. Additionally, the heat is terrible, and because of social distancing, a large chunk of the queue for all the rides have zero shade - seriously full sun. Incidentally, I HIGHLY recommend getting an umbrella with a black interior lining for use as a sun shade. It was a life saver for me, as I'm extremely fair complexion, and burn right through spf +60. As it was, I still got a (fortunately) light sunburn, in spite of slathering on sunblock, and using my sunshade umbrella. I'm not exaggerating, I have gotten 2nd degree burns right through sunblock two or three times, so the full sun thing is a very serious issue to me.

The lack of park hopping is also a problem. Ordinarily, you'd be able to just change which park you're in if the crowds are particularly bad, not to mention being efficient by hitting an earlier closing park in the A.M. and a later park (like EPCOT) in the P.M. You can't do that at all right now, and I do believe that's contributing to the problem. I also agree with you totally on the housekeeping thing. I do it all the time at home, it's special to me (and my mother as well) to get it while traveling and there's truly nothing like coming back to the room and having freshly made beds. It's just an 'ahhhh' moment. Fortunately you CAN still get it, but you do have to request it everyday which is a bit annoying. Fortunately at the Swan I was able to request it via the Marriot app, so it wasn't obnoxious the way it would have been to have to call it in or talk to the desk everyday.

I truly am typically very positive whenever traveling. I'm usually very flexible and chill about things, and have no problem with changing up plans last minute. Heck, back in November, I did that several times from changing dining reservations all the way to changing the plan of what park we were hitting the next day along with the FP reservations (which I got lucky on). When you get me stressed out and not thrilled with with the trip, there's problems.

I think you are seriously underestimating just how much of a wait FP adds to the standby line. I really think it would be a terrible idea to bring back FP until the ride capacities are restored (and then, sure, I would agree with the OP). I mean, if you think standby lines are bad now...

All I know is that in November 2019, with presumably more people, the FP system worked way better for the whole experience. The thing about it, is that it enables you to not have to wait super long for EVERYTHING. I don't mind a long wait for a few rides, but for EVERY dang ride? In 90 degree FL full sun? Yeah, not so much.

Heck, I'd have even taken an After Hours event for HS or MK. I'd have bought tix for the whole family as either Bday (my family is all Nov/Dec) or Christmas gifts I did look, but they're not doing them. Heck, if they do a HS after hours with the promise of 1 ride on Rise, they'd easily sell it out. On a side note - VERY high props to them for that ride - it was totally mind blowing!

I too call as you say bull hockey on the 25% capacity. They probably secretly upped it a little bit.
Cause I don't see how wait times can be as long as they are on a regular day. I've heard of 60 mins. And I feel like DWD isn't the only one like this.
Was just at six flags the other day and the wait times were up to 130mins some went a little more like 155mins. And I'm like how is it like this if there is supposed to be limited capacity? Waited a little over an hour on the lines for the outdoor mazes. Even at my place of work, it was still crowded. Only difference in my opinion was that there were no camp groups. Only had maybe one group once in a while, not like 2 very large groups in 1 day. To me it felt like it was as crowded as it would be on a Wednesday or Haunt day.
And I get it at Disney there's other things that aren't open. Like the little shows, no fireworks and parades and no meet and greets, or certian areas might be closed. So there's less things to which means more ppl are going to the rides. Sure there's the whole cleaning every hour, every other row and spaced seating. (Which one ride I went on at six flags they didn't even do the every other row) But compared to how the wait times were earlier to now is pretty different. Either they are hitting the max capacity of 25% or they upped it a little.

They are loading what - every 3rd row on the coasters @ WDW now? I think it's less than that - they say they are running @ 25% capacity - that would be every 4th row. Can you imagine the uproar that would have happened with the long lines and only every 3rd or 4th row being filled before COVID? OK, so if you fill the trains, an hour line drops down to 15-20 minutes. The math seems to check out when you look at it that way - that would be a pretty short wait in the time before COVID.

Didn't Universal restore the ride vehicle capacities? How is it working out there?

We just returned from a trip and had quite a different experience; fantastic trip. I really do think it is about expectations and what you plan to do. I do think people are forgetting that 25% capacity is of MAX capacity. MK is roughly 90k giving you 22,500 at 25%. They are not doing 25% of normal attendance; BIG difference. We did one MK day and rode everything and never waited more than 50 minutes. Got in early followed a good plan and had no issues with masks or rude cast members. Did encounter an overzealous CM at GF pool but had to chuckle about it (she was roughly 75 years old god bless her). I will disclose we did not bring our kids and are very lucky to go to WDW a few times per year. Very hard sell if it is a once a year family trip or big vacation, etc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!