Do some here have hotel reservations for June?

June is done imo. I had a late May/early June trip scheduled from last fall, and I cancelled it about 6 weeks ago because I thought the writing was on the wall for early June even then. Here are a few reasons why I think there will be no June at WDW this year:
  1. They waited until the last minute to cancel May, and did it in a very slow and piecemeal way, just like they have begun to do with June.
  2. In similar fashion, Disney cruises are being cancelled at an excruciatingly slow rate, with relatively little advance notice. The CDC has a no sail order that will last until July 24th, but DCL is still accepting June reservations. The ships probably won't sail until August at the very earliest, but DCL won't acknowledge that as it would require a ton of refunds to be paid out all at once.
  3. When they first began offering the June 1st & onward free dining offer, it was in the earlier phase of the shutdown, when it seemed like this was all going to be more temporary, because the widely proclaimed "flatten the curve" criteria was to keep hospital capacity available. Since then, the goalpost for reopening has changed from hospital capacity to a variety of much more ambitious (& hard to reach) goals, such as widespread community testing & tracing, and an actual reduction in cases. Some people even want a vaccine (potentially years away) before a full reopening. So as the outlook for reopening has been pushed back/slowed down over the past two months, the prospects for June at Disney World have grown a lot dimmer.
  4. Orange County recently issued a mask order for the phase 1 reopening. Disney knows that a lot of their resort guests aren't going to want to pay the big bucks to travel there, stay onsite for a week, yet have to wear masks everywhere throughout the whole trip, when they can just cancel instead & keep their money. I don't want to rekindle the debate about whether mask requirements at WDW are right or wrong, just that it's a fact that Disney will lose many of their most profitable guests, deluxe resort guests (not referring to DVC), as long as its required, & Disney knows that (they've received a gazillion comments on their official blog to that effect.)
  5. Florida's state of emergency has recently been extended to July 7th. This is less significant than local orders, but it doesn't help the prospects of WDW opening soon.
So all told, a June reopening at WDW is highly unlikely.
My brain hears you and agrees with you.
My heart says “What does she know? We’re going in June!

We still have a ressie for May 22-25. And two in June and one in July. Staying hopeful for whenever it reopens. We would stay even if the parks don’t open with DS reopening.

Has anyone changed their reservation lately and to a later date and were able to “reapply” their free recovery dining to their new reservation?

Reservation June 1-7 here. Gonna wait it out I think. This is a rescheduled trip from March with the free dining offer but I will cancel myself if they (1) open requiring everyone wear masks and/or (2) open with less than everything open and running. A Disney vacation is a big $ investment and I want to be able to enjoy all the things. :)
My rescue is also june1-7th AOA. We also have the recovery free dining. Biting my nails. Hoping we can rebook for the end of August with the same deal!

Also, if you end up rescheduling again, you’ll lose the free dining. I was originally scheduled for May, rebooked June for free dining, than Saturday I rebooked for July because I didn’t want to miss the fastpass window for the week I can go in July while holding out hope for June. I lost my free dining and a pre Covid upgrade they had given me when my originally reservation at All Star Music had to be moved because of renovations.
That is crappy. I wonder if they have to cancel in order for you to keep the free dining option 😒......

My rescue is also june1-7th AOA. We also have the recovery free dining. Biting my nails. Hoping we can rebook for the end of August with the same deal!
I would think that you could just slide it over as long as it fits into the original offer dates, until Sept?, just like with a bounce back where you can change dates as long as those new dates fall within the original offer.

That is crappy. I wonder if they have to cancel in order for you to keep the free dining option 😒......
bummer if thats what it is. Maybe you can try and just have them slide it over instead of canceling and rebooking.

We HAD reservations for June 5-15th. Saturday we decided to reschedule for July 10-20th. Too much uncertainty around whether or not parks would be open by June 5th. In switching to July, our Fastpass window opened this morning.
We basically got the same Fastpasses and restaurant reservations for the July trip.
I feel better knowing we have 5 more weeks to let things play out.

We also have a trip booked to late October. If we have to scrap a summer trip all together, we will shuffle our DVC points for a more lavish October trip.

Many of us. I'm June 7-12, but I also have a backup week in July.
The problem w/ all July reservations is they have to be paid for and canceled by sometime in June if they are a package. So they kinda need to announce what the plan is for June and July. Or they need to extend the no penalty cancelation period for longer than it currently is. For example if your backup July arrival is the 7th then your June and July reservations would both have to be cancelled at the same time. Actually I think the July one would be on June 6th. Therefore they're going to have double the cancelations at the same time.

The problem w/ all July reservations is they have to be paid for and canceled by sometime in June if they are a package. So they kinda need to announce what the plan is for June and July. Or they need to extend the no penalty cancelation period for longer than it currently is. For example if your backup July arrival is the 7th then your June and July reservations would both have to be cancelled at the same time. Actually I think the July one would be on June 6th. Therefore they're going to have double the cancelations at the same time.

FYI, while Disney has not posted this information publicly (only to TAs) and they could change it back at any time I guess, they relaxed the package payment deadlines from 30 days out to 7 days out back when this all started (although the ‘your payment is due” emails still go out as before, which is confusing).

bummer if thats what it is. Maybe you can try and just have them slide it over instead of canceling and rebooking.
No they didn’t cancel and rebook. I was told that because they’ve withdrawn the offer, they can’t move it. The CM even tried escalating it to Guest Services since I was losing both an upgrade and the free dining and she bounced back between me and guest services for almost an hour and they wouldn’t budge. I still have the same confirmation number and everything. It’s really left a bad taste in my mouth. I’ll still take this trip because I promised it to my daughter a year ago for her graduation, and she’s gotten shafted enough this year by Covid. But I’ve cancelled my fall trip over it.

I'm booked from 6/15-18 at the moment. I'm assuming it's going to get cancelled, but I'm hoping not.

Just went to do online check-in for my June 14th, 1 night stay at BC. I got a popup message that says “Online check in is not available for stays during the temporary closure,” (not verbatim). It then allowed me to finish my online check-in and appeared to be successful!? Maybe this means it doesn’t fall under the dates of the “temporary closure”? Or maybe it was just a glitch? Still hopeful!!

Just watched Dis Unplugged episode today and Pete thinks they will be opening June 1. He said he could be wrong but he thinks they stopped taking reservations so the hotels and parks will be at much less capacity.

I don’t think they are opening in June. I hope I am wrong (and I love, love, love Pete), but there was wide availability for hotel and dining resys for June just last week. I don’t think Disney would have taken everything offline at once just to limit capacity. If hotels were at capacity then why limit ADRs? Don’t they want to push ADRs for crowd control? I can see eliminating maxed restaurants, but the resys I saw just last week were wide open availability.
I just looked at tix for our June trip and no tix are being sold for June. First available date is July 1 and every day thereafter. I can’t imagine that all of a sudden it happened that every June date maxed out. I suspect Disney is pulling the plug on June. :oops:

I don’t think they are opening in June. I hope I am wrong (and I love, love, love Pete), but there was wide availability for hotel and dining resys for June just last week. I don’t think Disney would have taken everything offline at once just to limit capacity. If hotels were at capacity then why limit ADRs? Don’t they want to push ADRs for crowd control? I can see eliminating maxed restaurants, but the resys I saw just last week were wide open availability.
I just looked at tix for our June trip and no tix are being sold for June. First available date is July 1 and every day thereafter. I can’t imagine that all of a sudden it happened that every June date maxed out. I suspect Disney is pulling the plug on June. :oops:
ITA with you. On top of everything else; they haven't even begun to call employees back, release any kind of internal CM schedules...and they would need to do that and then train them on new procedures; start putting new procedures/equipment etc. in place etc. No way parks are opening June 1st or any time in June for that matter. This is the same pattern they used for May and there are absolutely no signs of any kind of movement towards opening.

Honestly, I'm pretty surprised Pete would say something like that with all evidence pointing against it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter