Do some here have hotel reservations for June?

Disney Ron

It's not a lie, if you believe it.
I'm asking, because Disney will only take bookings from July 1 on, but I keep hearing the parks could be open on June 1. My thought is they don't want the hotels filled to keep attendance down so that's why they stopped taking June reservations. We are booked for August, so I was just curious.

Thanks everyone. I think they just don't want full hotels in June to help with park attendance until they see what happens in June with the virus.

Say it isn't so! No new reservations--not a good sign.

I have a June 6-12 and a June 13-19 (MIL lives in FL and will visit her before Disney if she ends up feeling comfortable with us coming to see her; otherwise Disney first, then who knows what).

I am happy if just the hotel and restaurants are open. I love the parks, but for us, I am happy just to be in the bubble for a little while.

We have June 1-9 reservations, but I’m not feeling too hopeful. This is the same thing that happened before our May reservation tanked.

I will say I’m a little annoyed that Disney didn’t just suspend reservations indefinitely instead of offering the free dining thing. I’m tired of being in limbo and rescheduling trips.

Disney has yet to cancel reservations beginning in June but it is in all likelihood coming. No new bookings are being taken, but those who already had June reservations will still have them until they decide to cancel or Disney cancels on them. The same thing happened when Disney stopped taking new bookings until June 1 and then slowly cancelled May reservations over time. I have a trip booked for July and a backup for August but I doubtful either will happen at this point. Let's hope I'm wrong.

I am guessing Disney is waiting to the last minute to cancel those reservations. Every time they cancel a week financially they take a hit. I agree with them though. wait to see how this shake out in the next week or so. I would guess that cancelling June will happen next week or so. They need time to stock up in the restaurants, rehire folks and such.

I'm asking, because Disney will only take bookings from July 1 on, but I keep hearing the parks could be open on June 1. My thought is they don't want the hotels filled to keep attendance down so that's why they stopped taking June reservations. We are booked for August, so I was just curious.
We have 6/8-6/13. I was holding out as much hope as possible, but after Friday (no ability to book resort or Disney dining) I know June is out of the question...and yes the whole month. - Obviously I have no inside knowledge, but I've taken my rose-colored glasses off. This is the same exact thing they did for our May trip....June's done. They'll quietly cancel all stays week by week, just as they have been since this all started. In my opinion July 1st is optimistically the earliest parks will be open.

We have a June reservation. We were supposed to go for my daughter’s birthday. 😞 I‘m feeling skeptical at best about Disney re-opening in at least the early part of June. I just made a back-up reservation for July and am considering whether August might be better.

My trip is June 6-14 @ Riviera. We’re FL residents so if it cancels, no biggie. I do have a backup trip scheduled for July 18

Yes, I made it about two weeks ago. I’m assuming the same as you, they are putting a hard limit on capacity.

We have one night at BC June 14-15th. I noted in a post elsewhere that all of the sudden last week Beaches and cream had multiple openings pop up for our group of 5, within the same hour of the same day. I also found all EPCOT area resorts to be significantly cheaper leading me to wonder if they may try just opening resorts mid June? I am hopeful but support whatever Disney decides! We will be back soon enough either way, I was just secretly hoping we could be the the resort-phase guinea pigs! The idea of having Storm-along-bay nearly all to ourselves sounds lovely! Guess we shall see! Positive vibes to all June resort guests 🙌🏻!

I have June 27 - July 11. Ours is a split stay, though with a change on July 3, so only the first part of our trip will get cancelled. I don’t believe they’re going to open in June. They’ve cleared the month of all dessert parties and you can no longer makes adrs. I think we’ll start seeing cancellations for June starting A Wednesday.

June is done imo. I had a late May/early June trip scheduled from last fall, and I cancelled it about 6 weeks ago because I thought the writing was on the wall for early June even then. Here are a few reasons why I think there will be no June at WDW this year:
  1. They waited until the last minute to cancel May, and did it in a very slow and piecemeal way, just like they have begun to do with June.
  2. In similar fashion, Disney cruises are being cancelled at an excruciatingly slow rate, with relatively little advance notice. The CDC has a no sail order that will last until July 24th, but DCL is still accepting June reservations. The ships probably won't sail until August at the very earliest, but DCL won't acknowledge that as it would require a ton of refunds to be paid out all at once.
  3. When they first began offering the June 1st & onward free dining offer, it was in the earlier phase of the shutdown, when it seemed like this was all going to be more temporary, because the widely proclaimed "flatten the curve" criteria was to keep hospital capacity available. Since then, the goalpost for reopening has changed from hospital capacity to a variety of much more ambitious (& hard to reach) goals, such as widespread community testing & tracing, and an actual reduction in cases. Some people even want a vaccine (potentially years away) before a full reopening. So as the outlook for reopening has been pushed back/slowed down over the past two months, the prospects for June at Disney World have grown a lot dimmer.
  4. Orange County recently issued a mask order for the phase 1 reopening. Disney knows that a lot of their resort guests aren't going to want to pay the big bucks to travel there, stay onsite for a week, yet have to wear masks everywhere throughout the whole trip, when they can just cancel instead & keep their money. I don't want to rekindle the debate about whether mask requirements at WDW are right or wrong, just that it's a fact that Disney will lose many of their most profitable guests, deluxe resort guests (not referring to DVC), as long as its required, & Disney knows that (they've received a gazillion comments on their official blog to that effect.)
  5. Florida's state of emergency has recently been extended to July 7th. This is less significant than local orders, but it doesn't help the prospects of WDW opening soon.
So all told, a June reopening at WDW is highly unlikely.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!