Do the buses run between the parks?

ncbyrne

DIS Veteran
We'll have a rental car, but would like to hop from MGM to MK, back to MGM. If I kept the car parked at MGM, can we use the bus to get directly to MK and back to MGM.

Sorry don't know much about it but I believe you can. At MGM I think it's the buses to the left of the stand. But check the sign first.

If there are they maybe infrequent. Best bet is to take bus to Ticket and Transportation Center (TTC) and boat/monorail to MK. Another creative way, take boat from MGM to Boardwalk or Epcot, walk thru Epcot and grab monorail to MK via TTC. If time is not issue last choice could be fun<<<<<<<

There is bus service between the parks. But in the case of MK the bus only goes as far as the TTC. You will have to transfer there to the monorail or ferry to complete the trip. At all the other parks the buses go directly to the entrance.

Originally posted by ncbyrne
How long will this take...would it be quicker to drive over and back again?

It would probably take you longer to drive. Leaving MGM you would take a tram to your very hot car, drive to MK, park, ride the tram to the TTC. At this point you are where the bus would have dropped you off, and you STILL have to ride the monorail or ferry over to MK.

We like to use the car most of the time, but when visiting MK, we normally use WDW transportation. TheTranportation Wizard at ourlaughingplace.com provides information on getting between locations using Disney transportation. The site shows taking the bus from MGM to the Disney Institute then the bus to MK as being the shortest time. I think I’d take the bus to TTC then the monorail to MK.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter