Do Universal Employees get....

LilyStar

Mouseketeer
I was just curious if you are a full time team member at Universal, do you get a free pass for your spouse to use all the time? Or is it just the periodic free passes that you get to use for family and friends?

Thanks for any help!!

WDWUOFan1 said:
We get 3 free complimentary tickets with black out dates every 3 months. :)
That's not entirely correct.

Seasonal and part-time (casual) team members get 3 tix every three months.
Full time team members have an interesting formula: 3 tix every three months for the first year. 5 tix every three months during your second year. 6 tix ever three months thereafter. After completing 10 years, it's 8 tix every three months.

There is also an annual sign up where team members can make contrubutions to charity and can get different kinds of annual passes.

the Dark Marauder said:
That's not entirely correct.

Seasonal and part-time (casual) team members get 3 tix every three months.
Full time team members have an interesting formula: 3 tix every three months for the first year. 5 tix every three months during your second year. 6 tix ever three months thereafter. After completing 10 years, it's 8 tix every three months.

There is also an annual sign up where team members can make contrubutions to charity and can get different kinds of annual passes.

Oh ok. Well I was talking about that from my point of view since I am casual. By the way, I think part time get 6 tickets after a 2nd year of employment there.

There are spouse passes available to those in management positions, but I don't believe regular, casual, or seasonal employees are offered these.

so Universal doesnt have like a "Maingate Pass" like Disney where you can bring a certain # of people in 12 times a year?(Full and Part-time/ 6 for seasonal)

How lenient is Universal with allowing employees to keep their status when they are not working? I was thinking about working seasonal. Do I still get the perks (discounts/passes) during the time I'm not working? What kind of discounts am I looking at?

Also, employees can go into the parks anytime with their ID right?:beach:

so Universal doesnt have like a "Maingate Pass" like Disney where you can bring a certain # of people in 12 times a year?(Full and Part-time/ 6 for seasonal)
Correct. They offer hard tickets only. No "maingate" pass.

How lenient is Universal with allowing employees to keep their status when they are not working? I was thinking about working seasonal. Do I still get the perks (discounts/passes) during the time I'm not working? What kind of discounts am I looking at?
Extremely lenient. I've known people that only work summers and winters that have kept their status for years. I've known people that only work 1-2x per month and kept their status. You still keep all your benefits and discounts. To get tickets, you have to work a certain amount of hours per quarter (I think it's between 16-24).

As for the discounts, you get 35% off most merchandise in the parks and 10-20% off many food locations in the parks. It's a bit different in CityWalk. There is a booklet that is printed semi-annually that has the different perks/discounts in it.

Also, employees can go into the parks anytime with their ID right?:beach:
Anytime except for Private Events or Grad Bash. Your UO ID lets you get in free to HHN, RTU, and normal business days.

thanks for the reply :thumbsup2 Yea I was thinking about working every now and then. Like a weekend every few months or so lol. Hope they are ok with that. Of course I'll work a summer or go part-time for a few months, then go seasonal and pop my head in every now and then to keep status

Oh I forgot to ask, do you get discount/tickets to other parks besides US/IOA? I heard something about Sea World and Busch Gardens????

Now to apply for a position that is relatively easy to do and have fun at the same time. Any suggestions?:beach:

I know they look for part-time workers. Several friends of my parents work there from time to time (special events and peak crowd times). They live in a retirement community, and Universal used to send a bus (van?) to pick them up. I know that one of the men works on a beer cart and said that he gets really, really good tips.

I kept wishing my parents would jump on the bandwagon, but they never have. :rolleyes1

thanks for the reply :thumbsup2 Yea I was thinking about working every now and then. Like a weekend every few months or so lol. Hope they are ok with that. Of course I'll work a summer or go part-time for a few months, then go seasonal and pop my head in every now and then to keep status

Oh I forgot to ask, do you get discount/tickets to other parks besides US/IOA? I heard something about Sea World and Busch Gardens????

Now to apply for a position that is relatively easy to do and have fun at the same time. Any suggestions?:beach:
Yes. Those are listed in the discount book. For Sea World/Busch Gardens, a valid UO id will get you free admission into those parks. You still have to pay for parking, though. Wet N Wild is $12 with a valid UO id, IIRC.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter