Votes: 3 1.3%
  • religious/faith based

Votes: 62 25.9%
  • agnostic

Votes: 11 4.6%
  • atheist

Votes: 19 7.9%

• Total voters
I think there may be something, but not in the religious sense. Since our bodies are basically electric, and energy can not be created or destroyed, only changed in form, I think there is a possibility that our energy becomes part of the overall electromagnetic field surrounding our planet. And that some sort of consciousness may be retained by that electrical energy...which would explain the sightings of what are perceived by us to be ghosts, angels or spirits. But it is also possible that when we're gone, we're gone. I'd rather there be something, though. I guess you could say I'm a sort of scientific agnostic?

I think there may be something, but not in the religious sense. Since our bodies are basically electric, and energy can not be created or destroyed, only changed in form, I think there is a possibility that our energy becomes part of the overall electromagnetic field surrounding our planet. And that some sort of consciousness may be retained by that electrical energy...which would explain the sightings of what are perceived by us to be ghosts, angels or spirits. But it is also possible that when we're gone, we're gone. I'd rather there be something, though. I guess you could say I'm a sort of scientific agnostic?
I've heard that as an explanation for people who have these weird past life experiences or even organ donation changes in their lives.

No offense taken at all. :wave2: I didn't mean it the way you interpreted it though. I wasn't talking about standards of personal conduct and/or on what basis we govern ourselves. I was talking about the inevitable trials and travails of this life. I'm sure you've heard the saying "life is tough and then you die...".

Ok, now I see what you mean. Sorry I took it the wrong way. It would be nice to believe that everything you suffer through will all be worth it in the long run but I think when you’re done, you’re done.

It's interesting to see replies.
I like that some find comfort in thought of afterlife.

I'm the opposite - after I'm gone (Please, not for a loooong time) I won't even know. No awareness.
I always say - do you remember what it was like before you were born? No? Same with after.

That actually gives me comfort when losing loved ones, no fear, no awareness, no consciousness.

Would I love to be wrong and find out we go live with the aliens for another life? Absolutely!
:D

This describes my thoughts at times too!

I think there might be something, but unsure what exactly.

That's kinda how I feel. I don't think it's harps and angels or whatever, but it may be something. There is more to the universe than we know, but some of it is just unknowable.

Yeah, I tend to think that the existence after this life is a natural progression and not necessarily strictly tied to one religious belief. The various religions have their own interpretations of it, the same way various societies came up with explanations for lightning. No matter what they believed, the lightning still existed, whether it was Thor that caused it or Zeus or nature, I think it might be the same with an afterlife existence - it's just there, naturally occurring, perhaps on a plane we can't perceive in the same way we can't see ultraviolet light or hear certain pitches of sound.

I also once read a philosophy that stated that all religions had validity for the culture in which they were born and those who believed in it. In other words, Jesus existed for the Christians, Buddha for the Buddhists, etc., and each one is true tor those who believe in it.

Just some thoughts! :)

Yeah, I tend to think that the existence after this life is a natural progression and not necessarily strictly tied to one religious belief. The various religions have their own interpretations of it, the same way various societies came up with explanations for lightning. No matter what they believed, the lightning still existed, whether it was Thor that caused it or Zeus or nature, I think it might be the same with an afterlife existence - it's just there, naturally occurring, perhaps on a plane we can't perceive in the same way we can't see ultraviolet light or hear certain pitches of sound.

I also once read a philosophy that stated that all religions had validity for the culture in which they were born and those who believed in it. In other words, Jesus existed for the Christians, Buddha for the Buddhists, etc., and each one is true tor those who believe in it.

Just some thoughts! :)

I've always felt like the religious stories and ancient myths came from somewhere and that they all have a little bit of truth to them. I don't think they are exactly as depicted today (far from it), but when stories like that become so pervasive, I do feel like there was some kind of basis for it.

I've always felt like the religious stories and ancient myths came from somewhere and that they all have a little bit of truth to them. I don't think they are exactly as depicted today (far from it), but when stories like that become so pervasive, I do feel like there was some kind of basis for it.

I believe all of it stemmed from the same basic, biggest fear of humanity - death and the unknown. Every culture found a way to "explain" things so it wasn't so feared, and then the story-telling grew to what we know now.

Just my opinion. :)

Last edited:
It's interesting to see replies.
I like that some find comfort in thought of afterlife.
I'm the opposite - after I'm gone (Please, not for a loooong time) I won't even know. No awareness.
I always say - do you remember what it was like before you were born? No? Same with after.
That actually gives me comfort when losing loved ones, no fear, no awareness, no consciousness.
Would I love to be wrong and find out we go live with the aliens for another life? Absolutely!
:D
:goodvibes Is that the only scenario you'll settle for? ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter