Votes: 3 1.3%
  • religious/faith based

Votes: 62 25.9%
  • agnostic

Votes: 11 4.6%
  • atheist

Votes: 19 7.9%

• Total voters
I don't believe in the traditional Heaven & Hell and I don't believe in worrying about living your life only so a higher being can judge you and tell you where you will spend the rest of eternity. I think that is *insert culture/religion here's* way of teaching morality and trying to explain the ultimate unknown - death. None of that is wrong and absolutely everyone is allowed their own belief, I just believe you should be a good person for yourself, for the people you care about, and for humanity in general.

I do believe there could be something after we leave our physical bodies. I have a fascination with the paranormal and I believe more along the lines that our energy, or soul, can leave a mark on this earth in some way when we die.

Whatever the answer is, I think JK Rowling (or Albus Dumbledore) put it best, "To the well-organized mind, death is but the next great adventure." :goodvibes

I don't believe in the traditional Heaven & Hell and I don't believe in worrying about living your life only so a higher being can judge you and tell you where you will spend the rest of eternity. I think that is *insert culture/religion here's* way of teaching morality and trying to explain the ultimate unknown - death. None of that is wrong and absolutely everyone is allowed their own belief, I just believe you should be a good person for yourself, for the people you care about, and for humanity in general.

I do believe there could be something after we leave our physical bodies. I have a fascination with the paranormal and I believe more along the lines that our energy, or soul, can leave a mark on this earth in some way when we die.

Whatever the answer is, I think JK Rowling (or Albus Dumbledore) put it best, "To the well-organized mind, death is but the next great adventure." :goodvibes

Not all religions that believe in heaven/hell or some version of it teach that admission is based on a judgement of your good/bad choices. The New Testament doesn’t teach that. I love that quote by Dumbledore. Harry Potter is still my favorite book series, but I think that goes for a lot of us 90’s kids.

Yes. I am religious enough to hope that I will see heaven and I can't imagine not being. If it turns out there is nothing after life, obviously, it won't bother me.

No. If I'm wrong, heaven (and hell) would be pretty crowded over the span of humanity and there would be no way to social distance in either place and Covid-19 would run rampant.

I don’t think I do , and that makes me really really sad because I would give anything to see some people again.

I think and hope that there is something after this life... heaven hopefully.... God creates us and puts all this work into us, I can't see him being wasteful and just disposing of our souls,... or maybe we just move into the next life... like with reincarnation... I do think that there are unexplained things that happen in the world, and for me not everything need a explanation..

I believe that God, heaven and hell are human creations. But that doesn't mean that some part of us cannot live on in some way. We understand far less about this universe than we think we do. There is room in that lack of understanding for a consciousness which extends beyond this physical presence.

I don’t think I do , and that makes me really really sad because I would give anything to see some people again.
One of my patients told me what happened when he died during a heart attack. He saw his mother, his sister, and his pet (I think it was a cat), all of whom had passed, standing in front of him, before he woke back up again. He was just a normal man telling me this story. There are many, many stories like this if you seek them out, usually with near death experiences.

One of my patients told me what happened when he died during a heart attack. He saw his mother, his sister, and his pet (I think it was a cat), all of whom had passed, standing in front of him, before he woke back up again. He was just a normal man telling me this story. There are many, many stories like this if you seek them out, usually with near death experiences.
Agree that this happens frequently, but schizophrenia is even more frequent. My point - the mind often sees and hears things that do not exist, and as long as one is not totally brain dead, that would still apply.

I had always had the religious belief of heaven/hell. I am not an extremely religious person, but always had those beliefs.

However, when my mother died I was standing next to her bed. She has been comatose for a couple of days, but opened her eyes slightly and gave a little grin (she was look forward into the distance). She then opened her eyes fully and had a beautiful smile on her face. She then stopped breathing.

It comforts me to know that she saw someone there waiting for her, and that person/those people made her happy. She reinforced my faith.

Agree that this happens frequently, but schizophrenia is even more frequent. My point - the mind often sees and hears things that do not exist, and as long as one is not totally brain dead, that would still apply.
This patient was NOT schizophrenic. Not going to argue about it - believe it, or don't, no skin off my nose. Just letting people who have questions about it hear others' experiences.

This patient was NOT schizophrenic. Not going to argue about it - believe it, or don't, no skin off my nose. Just letting people who have questions about it hear others' experiences.
I did not say this person or any other person who has experienced this was. Simply saying that the mind does this every single day, and almost none of those experiencing it are deceased.

I had always had the religious belief of heaven/hell. I am not an extremely religious person, but always had those beliefs.

However, when my mother died I was standing next to her bed. She has been comatose for a couple of days, but opened her eyes slightly and gave a little grin (she was look forward into the distance). She then opened her eyes fully and had a beautiful smile on her face. She then stopped breathing.

It comforts me to know that she saw someone there waiting for her, and that person/those people made her happy. She reinforced my faith.
Absolutely. I sat with my mother for countless hours very recently while she was on hospice. Prior to that she really was not ready to die. As she became progressively worse, she also became happy. She was excitedly seeing things that I couldn't see, saying it was "wonderful" and "fantastic", pointing "upstairs", which, there wasn't an upstairs where she was. She had conversations with people with familiar names (sisters), and some names I'd never heard from her before. One day when I was talking to her she began looking down and talking to someone she said was a child right beside me. She was not taking heavy drugs or anything like that; just declining physically. (Hospice said they grow spiritually in that time so this seems to be the norm.) It helped give me peace to see her comforted somehow. MIL the day before she passed saw her deceased son and said he said he was "taking her home tomorrow". I sure wish I could've seen what my mother was seeing, but just watching and listening to her she was definitely seeing things that made her happy, and most of the time she was more focused on that than she was on what was going on where we were physically.

One Sunday we visited my grandmother and she told us she had a dream where there was a bright light, but she wouldn't go into it and said she wasn't ready yet. But she told us next time she was going. She had a heart attack that Friday and died Saturday. When going through her house it was clear she spent the week getting things in order.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!