Do you ever wonder what member number you are?

browneyes

DIS Veteran
I noticed we have 49,414 members registered now.:) #50,000 will be joining us soon.:) I wonder what member number I was?:) I know I wasn't a milestone number though.:)

I don't know how we could find out. You <b>were</b> a milestone member. Every DISer who registers on the DIS is a milestone member to me :) I think you are pretty special, Shannon :)

(BTW ~ browneyes, is that a pic of the Grotto pool??)

I only know I'm number four-thousand-and-something :p Only because I remember the DIS reaching it's 5,000 member milestone a few months after I joined ;) We sure have gained a lot of members in such a short amount of time :)

Donna, there were barely 7,000 DISers when I signed up 2/6/00. Amazing how many registered members there are now.

They may not all post and there may be a few aliases included in that 40 some thousand names but it is still amazing to me :)

I don't remember how many members were here when I joined. I do remember the DIS hitting 20,000 a year ago or so.

:o Thanks Katholyn.:) You're pretty special yourself.:) If there were 7000 when you registered in Feb 2000, I must've been close to the 10,000-11,000th member in Aug 2000.:) I think I'll make up a number for me. I'll be 10,026 or something.:teeth:

Kimmar067, yes, that's the Grotto in my siggy.:)

I'm guessing I was in the 500 zone, but that is just a guess on my part.

I don't remember what number area I joined in but I know I"m been mostly lurking on these boards forever :rolleyes:

Same here. I lurked for quite awhile, also was here for quite awhile before actually registering. It shows I registered in Aug 1999 but if I am correct I thought there was some sort of problem with the boards and all Members previous to Aug 1999 had to re-register.

Does anyone else remember this happening?

Any way I know I have been reading these boards a long time and have seen lots and lots of changes. Still like to spend a little bit of time here when I can.

Have a Disney Day

Same here. I lurked for quite awhile, also was here for quite awhile before actually registering. It shows I registered in Aug 1999 but if I am correct I thought there was some sort of problem with the boards and all Members previous to Aug 1999 had to re-register.

yes I remember this! I also remember when Pete started these boards - maybe 1995 or 1996. Anyway - he started with one board and then added the "debate" board so that there was an appropriate place for heated discussions! Anyone else go back this far?!?!

I've been around since nearly the beginning. It took a bit before I began posting, and I still don't post a whole bunch. I know I've lost posts over the years with the various crashes. It would be difficult to know the actual sign-up placement because we have had to re-register on a couple of occasions as I recall.

I remember when there was big hoopla over the daily post count on one board and not the number of registered users. :D

I also recall the one board blooming into more. . .when I first began reading--you couldn't find many other websites about Disney but for the "official" site. There were a few, but not many. For some reason I just gravitated to this one. Early on there were only about 25-30 regular posters--some days it seemed as if there were only one or two. Those who have been around forever like me will know what I'm talking about. ;)

Still enamored after all these years.

I know that my DW Sue is member #40,000.

I was watching the boards the day that the number of members was coming up on 40,000. As soon as the 39,999th member registered, I registered my wife. I have a screen capture somewhere that welcomes "FlowerLady" as the 40,000th DISer.

She posted one time and that was the end of that.

So I know who #40,000 is, but beyond that, I'm clueless.

i think i was somewhere between 500-1000. gosh, it seems like so long ago! i remember it like it was yesterday....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter