Do you get to pick the cabana you want? If so, which is the best?

Which casabella did you originally rent at AMA AMA they had a gorgeous view?
If you scroll up to post #8 above, I have a link to my trip report with photos of the casabellas and their views (I actually had to look back at the photos because I did not remember!). I would say they both have a great view of the ocean. When we went, my kids were 8 and 6 and we were basically in the pool all the time. Now that they are older, I would consider the renting the casabellas again. Hope that helps!

When I called to book our cabanas I was told that they don’t allow pack and plays. I thought I read that it was an option. Does anyone know about this?

We are a family of four and visited Aulani in 2015 for the first time. We booked the upper level AMA AMA casabellas for four days (I believe initially we had booked for two days and were lucky enough to grab a further two days whilst we were there) and we also had a cabana for one day.

I love sunbathing and for me the upper level casabellas were perfect! We could use the shades when we’d had enough sun (particularly good for my sons) and as my boys are teenagers, we loved the quiet area away from all the pools and with a lovely view over the beach. I also liked the fact I could laze in the lazy river as long as I liked without fear that my things would be removed from my seat!

The cabana was nice, but for the price, I much preferred the casabellas.

We are returning in August and I’ve managed to secure the upper level casabellas for 6 out of our 7 days and that was at the 7 month DVC booking window, so very happy about that!

Is it worth it to still get a family cabana if everyone in the party is all adults? I know the adults would be cheaper, but at the same time the view isn't that great.

Is it worth it to still get a family cabana if everyone in the party is all adults? I know the adults would be cheaper, but at the same time the view isn't that great.
TBH I’m not convinced any of the cabanas are great for the view - Ka maka landing was probably the best, but if it’s the view you’re after then I’d go for the executive lanai I think - but perhaps someone who knows better (I’ve only been to Aulani once back in 2015!) will come along 👍

TBH I’m not convinced any of the cabanas are great for the view - Ka maka landing was probably the best, but if it’s the view you’re after then I’d go for the executive lanai I think - but perhaps someone who knows better (I’ve only been to Aulani once back in 2015!) will come along 👍

I tried to book executive lanai but it's already taken, and they don't do a wait list. So my only selection was doing either the family cabana or adult cabana. I have one family member who will definitely not swim and likes taking pictures of beach/ocean and can relax lying down or sitting in the fan area. I also have one family member who will definitely go out into the pool but needs to be shaded more if sitting down.

I tried to book executive lanai but it's already taken, and they don't do a wait list. So my only selection was doing either the family cabana or adult cabana. I have one family member who will definitely not swim and likes taking pictures of beach/ocean and can relax lying down or sitting in the fan area. I also have one family member who will definitely go out into the pool but needs to be shaded more if sitting down.
I’d book the cabana then - but not for the view as they’ll realistically need to move around for that, but for the shade and fan. The executive lanai has less shade so the cabana would be a much better fit for your circumstance. I’d base location on how quiet they like to be - I’d probably opt for the adult area just because I like the quieter spots - that’s the main reason I prefer the AMA AMA casabellas - They are out of the way and have a good view!

How is the noise and foot traffic level at the family cabana versus the adult cabana?
All cabanas are currently being rented out as family cabanas. However, 6, 7, and 8 are still the best options if you’d like a quiet space.

There is a lot of noise near cabanas 1 and 2 because they sit at the edge of the Menehune play area. A little passthrough connects two walkways right next to one of those cabanas (I think it’s #2) and there isn’t much privacy.

We were in cabana 8 a few weeks ago and it was very quiet even though the adult pool is currently open to all ages. My husband, 5yo, and 2yo had no problems falling asleep In the middle of the day. There is a service entrance behind 6, 7, and 8 and you may hear some workers talking, moving large objects, but nothing very obtrusive. There was very little foot traffic - maybe 5-10 people passed by our cabana that day?

During our November stay, there was a family partying it up in cabana 8 and they were really loud. Who your neighbors are is just as important as where you’re located.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!