Do you go to the park before MVMCP?

MomtothreeEs

I spend way too much time searching for ADRs...
I'm not really sure what to expect with MVMCP. My kids think "staying up late" is 10:00pm. We don't usually do late nights, but I do want to experience some of the fun shows/fireworks this time. I'm trying to figure out our days plans for MVMCP. Do we hang out at the hotel all day and head over for 4pm entry? Or do we go over earlier, leave for an afternoon nap, and then head back over for MVMCP? I already bought enough park ticket days to go in the morning anyway since I didn't realize the party was extra. Whoops.

I can't find a schedule of events for MVMCP, so I really don't understand what goes on there. If anyone has general tips/advice for younger school aged kids (9,7,5 for our trip), please share! :)

Thanks!

The official thread is: https://www.disboards.com/threads/o...tmas-party-2017-believe-in-the-magic.3587769/

The schedule of events may not be available until the first party occurs. Most people recommend using the party ticket as your park day, so if you can get a refund on one park day, I would do that. Otherwise, just enjoy it!

If you go to the park that day, you can try to go for a few hours in the morning, go back to the hotel & take a nap, then come back to MK for the party. Or maybe sleep in that morning and hit the park around lunch, then stay for the party. It depends on if your family would prefer taking a nap or sleeping in. I know there's no way my kids would take a nap (9yo & 19 yo), so we're sleeping in, going to 'Ohana for a late breakfast, touring a couple of deluxe resorts for the decorations, then hitting MK by 4 pm.

We usually try to do MVMCP on arrival night so we don't use a park day. Other times we have done DHS (or another park) then gone to the party when it opened ... so kind of like getting to park hop without a park hopper. Last year the kids were 8,8, and 6 when we did it. But we also go every year so we don't necessarily care if we stay for the whole party. We may show up at 5 and leave at 10.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter