Do you keep the date in mind that your parents passed

Yes, it hasn't been "that" long, plus it's a major holiday so I doubt it will ever slip our minds.

They are in my mind everyday.......I don't want to forget. But lately I am forgetting the exact day for some since we have lost too many, too quick and too close in date. :(. My dad's is my dil's birthday so very easy to remember. Add all the birthdays and I know now how my parents or in-laws felt when we had to remind them of someone's birthday coming up.

I lost my BIL (47), my dad a few months later, my sister (47) a few months later, my FIL a few months later. Then about a year later I lost my very best friend/next door neighbor (54) , another BIL (60), then my mom and my MIL not long after. :(

I don't remember exact dates but do know the month that they died along with my older brother. Dad January '81, Mom, July '07 and brother, Nov '07. Also know my inlaws months and year, DFIL, June '08 and DMIL, Oct '10

I don't seem to be able to remember them. I needed to refer to it often enough that I put it in a note on my phone so the dates are easy enough to find.

I still need to figure out what to do with them. Both were cremated and are in the cardboard boxes the funeral home provided down in the basement. We have been talking that on the next cruise we will get two salt urns and arrange to be able to chuck them out into the ocean blue.

Other than my own DParents, I’m not good with remembering dates of any kind, but especially not anniversaries of loss. I’ve got several close friends that have lost children and spouses and I know it means a lot to them when people remember and reach out. I’ve had to put the dates on my calendar and it actually makes me feel a little creepy. :scared:

Yes.
Dad passed May 13, 1967.
Mom passed May 20, 2013

That week has been a challenge for decades.
My Maternal Grandfather passed away May 13, 1966 (a year to the day before my dad)
My mom's birthday was May 11.
Mothers day is usually somewhere in there within a few weeks.

My Mom wrote the dates of her parents passing on her calendar each year, along with how many years they were gone. I do the same now with her death and my Dad’s. I still write their birthdays and their wedding anniversary on the calendar too.

My grandmother died this past July on her 95th birthday, so the day will stick in my mind for some time to come.

I think you are either a "dates" person or you aren't. I am one. I can tell you the dates my grandparents all died, my pets all died and I've only lost my Mom, but when she died. I lost 4 pregnancies, I know my due dates for those and when those dates roll around I still think of those as well. My husband isn't a dates person... he knows his Mom's passing date and our dog's passing dates but aside from those, he doesn't keep track of the others. I don't dwell in sadness on the dates when they happen, I try to remember the people (or dogs) and smile or if they were my pregnancies that didn't work out I know G-d had a different plan. I don't believe people who have died would want us to mourn forever, they would want us to be able to cherish our good memories. We are still living!

I am definitely not a "dates" person. I honestly don't remember when my dad passed, it was during my first 6 months of work out of college so I could figure it out, but I don't know it. Probably around Oct 2000.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!