Do you keep the date in mind that your parents passed

Both of my parents are still living, & DH's mom is still living.

But I do remember the date DH's dad passed away. It was the day before our anniversary, & we spent the day of our anniversary meeting the funeral director & finalizing the details. (In a weird way, spending our anniversary in this way actually makes our anniversary more special & more meaningful now.)

I'd like to think I'd remember the day even if it wasn't so closely connected to our anniversary though.

I don't remember the exact dates of my grandparents' deaths.

I don't know the exact dates or even the years. I know Daddy died the day before Mother's Day and Mama died in July, between my honey's birthday and our anniversary.

I used to remember the exact dates, now I know it's just the end of July for both of them, within days of each other, just years apart. I have a horrible memory any way so its ok with me to not remember exact dates.

Hard not to mum died the 23rd Dec,
My dad also passed on Dec 23.

I remember the date but not the specific year. Counted back last December and realized it had been 12 years. My mom was only 2 years ago so I remember that year so far

Both my parents are still alive, but DH's have both passed. The date of their deaths and birthdays are always acknowledged by me to DH, and he will never forget them, either.

A big hug to all who answered!

My dad is still alive, but I do know the date my mom passed. I always feel kind of "off" around that time every year, and DH and DS have learned to watch out for "the mushies".
DH is usually pretty emotional the week surrounding their deaths.

No. Dad died in November 1993 but I deliberately didn't remember the date. It was a Tuesday. I kept focused on that and ignored the date. My mum rings me every year on the anniversary (Not just on the anniversary. That would be weird) but I never make the connection to the date.

My Dad passed away 3 years ago. He passed away 2 days after his 86th birthday. I remember his birthday rather than the day he passed. Probably because they are so close together. I think birthdays are still more important. Just my thought. However, it's easier for me since they are so close

Absolutely. Honestly, I cannot imagine not remembering when I lost my Mom ever. She was my best friend and I miss her dearly. I have also lost my husband and I will also never forget that date either. It would be hard to forget since he was pronounced brain dead from a massive stroke at the age of 54 on my Birthday. He officially passed after Midnight after we donated his organs. It has become a day I no longer prefer to celebrate.

Yes. My mom is still alive, but I remember the date my dad passed, 1/31/95. It's like a birthday, anniversary, or any other important date; for me, it's a difficult date to forget.

I have always been good at remembering dates, particularly birthdates. My parents are still living, but I know the dates that my grandparents died. My FIL has also passed and I know that date.

Yes, my mom died a few days before Christmas; my dad a week before my nephew was born. Both are vivid in my mind and I miss them like crazy, especially my dad.

Yes, mainly because they were close together, with mom passing in November 2010 and dad in April 2011. Mom was the week before Thanksgiving, and we put the Christmas tree up early that year so she could see it one last time. Dad was two weeks before he would have turned 80, and he always said he would be happy to live to be 80. So close! It will be nine years this November and it’s still devastating. Spend time with the ones you love! It’s the thing you will miss most when they are gone.

November 14, 2018 is the day my dad passed. A Wednesday. It’s seared into my brain and probably always will be. It is not a date I want to mark though. No ornaments, memorial plaque, tattoo, three paragraph FB post etc. I don’t want to commemorate that he died. I want to remember that he lived.

No, I tend to remember the good moments. It's interesting that I would see this thread today. This afternoon I realized when I saw a post of my brother's on Facebook that today actually is the anniversary of my Mother's death. This isn't a date that really hits me, nor is the date of my Father's passing. Her birthday, his birthday, Mother's Day, Father's Day, when we put up the Christmas tree (my Mother's birthday was in early December and we generally celebrated by putting up the tree)--those are the kind of days where it really hits me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts