Do you know anyone with the name Cinderella, for real?

Disney1fan2002

<font color=red>Like OMG the TF is SOO psyched to
I started wondering tonight if anyone of the millions of people in the USA would of named their daughter Cinderella. According to the Social Security Death Index, their have been 304 Cinderella's that have passed on.

So, the name is out there. The next "Cindy" I meet, I am going ask what her full name is. :)

Field Value Records Results
First Name CINDERELLA 304

I actually have met someone with the real name of Cinderella. She has been one of our arrestees!:scared1:

TC:cool1:

Yes - her name was Cinderella Mignogna. She died recently. She was in her 90s. I think she went by Cinderella too.

I don't know any. However, when we adopted DD (she was 5) she begged us to change her name to Cinderella! Even when she was introducing herself, she'd say, "My name is 1st name, Cinderella, middle name, last name." It took about a year for her to drop the Cinderella!

There is a little girl who comes into the store with her grandma all of the time and her name is Cinderella. When I commented on all of the Cinderella stuff she was buying the grandma asked her to tell me why.

Yes, there was a little girl named Cinderella in a school I worked in several years ago. They called her Cindy.

My cousin wanted her new baby sister to be named Cinderella. Alas, it was not to be, and she was named Cassidy.

Someone I know has a relative named Snow White, but in Spanish. I'm blocking on how to say snow in Spanish.

I don't know any Cinderellas but I know I know a Fantasia & a Smeralda.

My cousin wanted her new baby sister to be named Cinderella. Alas, it was not to be, and she was named Cassidy.

Someone I know has a relative named Snow White, but in Spanish. I'm blocking on how to say snow in Spanish.

Nieve, if I'm remembering correctly.

The character's name, according to Wikipedia:

Once there was a widower who married a proud and haughty woman for his second wife. She had two daughters, who were equally haughty. By his first wife, he had a beautiful young daughter of unparalleled goodness and sweet temper. Along with her daughters, the Stepmother employed the daughter in all the housework. When the girl had done her work, she sat in the cinders, which caused her to be called "Cinderella". The poor girl bore it patiently, but dared not tell her father, who would have scolded her; for his wife controlled him entirely.

Does that mean her name is Ella, and they added the Cinder part?

Yes,her name was Ella. Cinderella was a mean nickname given to her by the mean stepsisters because she was covered in cinders (ashes).

I know that when I was a little girl I always wondered who the heck would name their kid Cinderella. It wasn't until much later when I learned that her name was Ella, and Cinderella was just a mean nickname. Being that she is no longer sitting in the cinders, why isn't she going by Ella again? :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!