Do you need bug spray for the campfire?

Ned Land

Mouseketeer
This would be for mid-September that we are arriving...

Is there any point to arriving before 8pm or do the characters arrive right at 8?

I would have to say yes We just got back Sat and after dusk, the bugs were bad. Not so much at our site but walking to/from the bus. We really didn't get much rain the 9 days that we were there (a little late in the evenings) but there's A LOT of standing water. We stayed in the 1400 loop (right by the movie) but unfortunantly never actually went to the show. We did hear singing before the movie started. I'd get there a little early to be sure we had a good seat. With the threat of the West Nile virus, I'd rather be safe than sorry. Watch out for the "fire ants" also. We didn't see too many at FW but at two other campgrounds in FL (one in Lake City and one in Venice). Have Fun! Diane

We live in FL and I think bug spray is a MUST after 4pm! My kids are especially sensitive to mosquitos so I carry it with me wherever we go and spray them down promptly at 4pm.:D

The one night I forgot, we were at EPCOT rushing around and in and out of bldgs so I thought they'd be OK but they got some horrendous bites that night!:(

Just FYI ~ The night we were at the Campfire there were no characters, just a woman dressed in western gear playing a guitar and singing hokey old songs but we were there more for the movie anyway.:p

It was great fun, btw!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter