Do you pay to park at City Walk if staying at an onsite hotel?

Woodmnky

DIS Veteran
We are considering a stay at Cabana Bay and I am wondering if we were to drive to City Walk and park if we would have to pay for parking? I understand that there is a shuttle bus, but we will have a wheelchair user with us and at times it can just be easier to drive.

Yes, you pay for parking unless one of you have a preferred or premier pass. You will be able to park in the handicapped spot if you have the plates or tag. Otherwise, the garages have elevators and electric walkways. All handicap accessible.

You can walk to Safire Falls and then take the boat to the parks. I think at least 2 wheelchairs can go on the boats.

Or drop off the wheelchair person with a helper at the drop off spot at City Walk (there are signs where to go as you get near the garages.) Then rest of party can either park in the garage, or meet up with the wheelchair group via bus. The buses are always coming and going, so you should not have to wait too long to catch one.

I hope you all enjoy your stay. CB is a nice hotel.

I don't know what your circumstance is, but, I am a full time wheelchair user and while I have never done the buses, I have done the boats. Easy peasy. No problems at all.

I did see a bus unloading a wheelchair and I didn't see anything that looked like it was a problem. They just lowered this big platform, and the wheelchair person rolled down a slight incline. The bus may have lowered its self down, but I did not see that, but thinking back, the bus pulled up, dropped the platform down and the person rolled out to the sidewalk. Maybe that is why there was only a slight incline. Then there is an elevator to take up to the next level.

I know for me, it is usually easier if I can just stay in my chair when I travel around.

Honestly, this will be my second time doing universal in the past 6 months. Had a great time.

My whole group had express pass so it could be different if you don't, but when you go to ride something approach the team member outside the ride and they will tell you what you need to do and if there will be any need of a transfer. I also have to have the supervisors ok to ride. Never takes more than a few min for them to get there, they ok me, then we are taken straight to the front of the line.

Or you can pay for parking. Whatever seems easier for you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter