Do you really use your refillable mug if you have a complete kitchen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

funhouse8

<font color=teal>How can you invest so much money
:) I love the idea of the refillable mug and did purchase them on our last trip to WDW but we were staying in a hotel. I was wondering will I really use the refillable mug if we are eating Breakfast in the room and plan on doing the parks? I think I read Blizzard Beach & TL have refillable mugs :confused3 if I didn't make this up can these be used at either park? Thanks for your help!

:) I love the idea of the refillable mug and did purchase them on our last trip to WDW but we were staying in a hotel. I was wondering will I really use the refillable mug if we are eating Breakfast in the room and plan on doing the parks? I think I read Blizzard Beach & TL have refillable mugs :confused3 if I didn't make this up can these be used at either park? Thanks for your help!

Refillable mugs are only for use at Disney Resorts and only for your length of stay at that respective resort. TL and BB have thier own refillable mugs that are only good for the day, at each respective water park.

We get the mugs if we are staying 4 days or more. We don't make coffee in the room, nor do we buy soda for the room.

I think it depends on how convenient it is to get refills. And also (as you pointed out) on whether or not you have a supply of drinks (and a fridge) in your room.

On our first trip we bought the mugs in POFQ and again in Wilderness Lodge. We did have a fridge (and some groceries/drinks) in the room in both cases but still felt like the mugs were convenient and good value. In both cases it was easy to get refills.

At the All Stars (on our second trip) we bought mugs again. Again, it was convenient to get refills. We had no fridge in our room so All Stars was probably the best place we stayed at to get the mugs.

At Boardwalk Villas we chose not to buy them as it was inconvenient to get refills. I believe you must ask the person behind the counter at the Bakery each time you want a refill. I just felt that was too much trouble, especially as we had a full fridge (and had stocked up on drinks) in the villa.

You can purchase a refillable mug at Typhoon Lagoon or Blizzard Beach and use it at either place. To use it a second (or subsequent) day you pay 6 dollars for a new barcode sticker.

When I took my mom a few years back it was worth buying the mugs. My mom drinks a lot of coffee and since we were going to get coffee so much I would just get some pop.

I use the dining plan and instead of buying a mug each trip, I use one of my snack credits to buy a 2 liter of pop and keep it in the fridge in our room. 2 got me by for most of the trip. Since a 2 liter is $3.50 and a snack credit is up to $4 it is a great alternative.

Now when my mom comes back with me to WDW i'm sure we will have to get mugs as she can't live without her coffee.:rotfl2:

At Boardwalk Villas we chose not to buy them as it was inconvenient to get refills. I believe you must ask the person behind the counter at the Bakery each time you want a refill. I just felt that was too much trouble, especially as we had a full fridge (and had stocked up on drinks) in the villa.

I get them at BWV... I usually fill it up with coffee from the bakery in the morning if we are going to the parks...

Usually though, we just hang by the pool, and get the endless refills from Leaping Libations...

We buy them if we are staying in a non-DVC resort instead of a DVC for the trip (didn't have the refrigerators last time we stayed). But if we are doing DVC, we'll bring our own beverages and not get the refillable mugs. We bought them at CR on our stay there solely for the frozen Cokes. We spent a lot of time at the pool and continuously filled and refilled them on that stay. But now that they have moved the Food & Fun Center, it would be more of a hassle.

We do have a TL mug that we bring back on each trip and purchase the daily sticker when we go to a water park.

You can purchase a refillable mug at Typhoon Lagoon or Blizzard Beach and use it at either place. To use it a second (or subsequent) day you pay 6 dollars for a new barcode sticker.

Thanks, This is great to know!:)

Nope. It's way too inconvenient to trek down to the refill station just for a few "free" ounces of soda or coffee. And then there's having to either trek back to the room to drop the mugs off or lug them around all day. We find it way more convenient to stock our room with soda & coffee. For the price of a couple of mugs, we can buy more soda & coffee than we need and we can place it conveniently in our kitchen. Much shorter walk when the coffee jones strikes!

We buy them if we are staying in a non-DVC resort instead of a DVC for the trip (didn't have the refrigerators last time we stayed). But if we are doing DVC, we'll bring our own beverages and not get the refillable mugs. We bought them at CR on our stay there solely for the frozen Cokes. We spent a lot of time at the pool and continuously filled and refilled them on that stay. But now that they have moved the Food & Fun Center, it would be more of a hassle.

We do have a TL mug that we bring back on each trip and purchase the daily sticker when we go to a water park.

I agree ... Last week at 1st I was planning to grab the mug... but since we have the a rental and being at the Congress we are to lazy to go walk to the Carriage House... and I am a big coffee drinker in the morning so I love the coffee maker in the room... But whe we're at POP we always do the mugs more convenient !

I use the dining plan and instead of buying a mug each trip, I use one of my snack credits to buy a 2 liter of pop and keep it in the fridge in our room. 2 got me by for most of the trip. Since a 2 liter is $3.50 and a snack credit is up to $4 it is a great alternative.

Thanks for the tip! We don't buy mugs anymore b/c we're just so far away from where we can refill them it doesn't seem worth it but I love the idea of using a snack credit to get a 2-liter. Much more convenient!

Laurie

I'll get the refillable mug if I am close enough to make it seem worthwhile. My old mugs have held up well with use at home--they may be the best souvineers I have ever bought for myself. I still use (at home) my old Coronado Springs mug from 1998, which happens not to have the wording about only being good for that trip.

In fact, the sales clerk told me it would always be good for refills. For the record, I have never taken it back to WDW.

Earlier today, another "refillable mug" thread was closed on this board as the thread has nothing to do with the Disney Vacation Club. The same will be said here, and please visit our Resorts Board where discussion on refillable mugs is an ongoing thing. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter