Do you usually get a phone call confirming room requests before checkin?

I'm in UK and don't even get bloody Disney Files aka DVD sales magazine.
I do get the dues demand though- unsurprisingly that one makes it across the Atlantic.

Just be thankful it isn't "postage due".

I think the randomness is calculated - something back in my psychology studies about how subjects "learn" the best and retain that "learning" when the reward only comes at random times (as opposed to every time the test subject does a behavior you want them to do). I would not try this at home, LOL.

it's the Skinner box experiments. Not so much "learning" -- but leads to addictive behaviours. Basically, the box was set up so that the rats could push a button and get a piece of food. When the rat could always count on getting food EVERY time they pushed the button, they would only push the button when they were hungry.

However, when he changed the setup to where the box only gave food randomly, the rats became obsessed with pushing the button so that they could collect the food.

Slot machines act in a similar way.

As do a lot of the freemium game apps on your phone. That stupid farmville game everyone played 8 or 9 years ago is a great example.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter