Do your schools get President's Week off?

Yes, southeastern US. This is our winter break and my daughter has the whole week off. She gets another week off the week after Easter.

Just Monday here.....I babysat dgd yesterday

My kids only had the Monday off.

I had Washington and Lincoln's birthday off.....which ever day they were on. No Monday holidays then

Our kids don’t get president’s day off of school. They always get Thursday and Friday off for what they call teach in service days but we all know it’s because of the state hockey tournament.

California here too. Yes, the kids in the district I live in have the whole week off. Started in 2002 or 2003 here. Everyone goes to Disneyland this week. Reminds me of "Jersey Week" that I learned about on these boards which I believe is in November where everyone goes to WDW.
I attended school in the same district that now takes the entire week. We never got a week off, or Lincoln's birthday, just Washington's birthday. One day. We also got just Thanksgiving and the day after off, now they take THAT entire week off. And a neighboring school district now takes 3 weeks for Christmas instead of 2. They kind of threw in the towel on that, because apparently the rate of absentee students the first week of January was so high, they just gave up on restarted school then. Apparently a large number of their students families go on extended vacations over Christmas and weren't coming back on time to resume school after 2 weeks.

When my kids were in school they got either 2 Monday's off or Friday/Monday or the entire week off. They were very inconsistent with it. They also on at least one occasion got 2 weeks off for Spring break.

Nope - we get one day for President's Day.

I read that next year the students get a fall break. I thought it would be a whole week but nope it's 2 days. That's not a fall break - might as well have school.

Not a California-only thing. I know Boston public schools and NYC public schools have the week off.

We live in a resort area and get loads of folks from the Northeast who are on school break. Our local school district gives our kids the week AFTER off, so us locals can enjoy the area once things die back down to "normal." It's also easier to get flights out the week after President's Day.

Not sure about New York, but it's not just a Boston Schools thing, the entire state of MA is off. Always off President's Week, and then again in the 3rd week of April.

I was going to fly to LaGuardia this weekend and visit my son and airline tickets were thru the roof. My son said Manhattan and everyone else has the whole week off. I know the school district were I live had last Friday off and now they had an early release Monday for an ice storm and a late start today for the same ice storm that never happened. I think sometimes school districts cannot win. When they don't predict the weather with watches and warnings, we get dumped with 6inches.

I live in MI and my kids get the whole week off, the school calls it winter break. But the next district over does not get the whole week off, just a couple days, so this is not a state thing.

I'm in MA so yes to President's Day off and rest of week off for February vacation. This year for the first time I recall we had a teacher workship day on Friday before so an extra day's vacation. However I think that had more to do with it being Chinese New Years. We don't get a fall break and only two days off for Thanksgiving. My niece is a teacher in NH and she gets next week off and had to work President's Day.

In NY it is an entire week— called “mid-winter break”.

Growing up in FL, we got either one or two days off depending on the year and the school district.

In NC now and my kids do not get the day off. They were actually supposed to have this Friday off, but that has been canceled and is now a snow day make up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!