Does anyone actually believe this?

I honestly doubt they ran out and scrounged up dead roaches to plant them in the room, nor did they bring in dust to sprinkle around, and frayed wires to plug in.
I am not saying that the people did this, but I am also not saying that the whole of society is above doing exactly this, as sad as it is, because there are plenty of people who would (referring to roaches).

In the article Disney states: "This family has received compensation from us numerous times over the past five years, and they continue to return. Regarding their current visit, we believe the guest claims are exaggerated, and again took several steps to enhance their vacation.”

to me it is more likely people looking for compensation again if they have done it numerous times in the past
I have seen people like that in public all the time ... complain about the SLIGHTEST misstep in service in order to get a free meal or something. They just have that attitude that the company OWES them something.

I imagine that there are people who purposely trash rooms to get some compensation as well. (Just how some people will put a hair in their food to complain about it and get their meal comped)

But being compensated numerous times in 5 years? Ya .. sounds like they are just trying to scam a freebie.

I had some mold in my room one time and took some pictures and sent to Disney just so they knew it was there and could take care of it and they gave me 2 free nights on my next trip. I wasn't even looking for anything I was just letting them know so they could take care of it before it grew worse. Little did I know they were about to do remods on those rooms. So no I don't believe it at all especially not the exposed wiring. I would believe a dead bug it is Florida after all before that one.

While this quote is certainly telling:
"This family has received compensation from us numerous times over the past five years, and they continue to return."
The one that follows it is perhaps even more enlightening:
"...discussing their tips and tricks for giving their kids a great holiday on a budget."
Tip #1: Make crap up about the room to get upgraded from a Moderate to the Grand Floridian!!!! :rotfl2:

Or perhaps that's one of the "tricks" rather than a "tip." 😏

But when judging perhaps counterbalance with the knowledge that they have fostered many ‘hard to place’ children and adopted four, two of whom have learning disabilities. They also campaign for the rights of people with learning disabilities. It is difficult to imagine that social and health care professionals would asses a couple who seek out publicly or manipulate/submit wrongful or exaggerated claims for personal gain to be appropriate foster/adoptive parents.
It is very odd.
Yes there are people who foster that are more in it for the money and what they can get. I know this as I was a foster parent and adopted my 2 boys here in fl. The state did a criminal background check and checked our house and interviewed us. Also I've never heard of a professional foster parent.

The worst thing we ever found in our room was a broken off syringe needle in the bed At CR. It was the day they changed linens and we just called and asked for a second change. We figured it got caught in the sheets when they were laundered.

We did check into BC once and it appeared the housekeeper was interrupted, as there was a large bag of trash on the middle of the floor, M&Ms on the floor and the bathroom needed a cleaning. Again, we called and asked for someone to come and take care of the issue, which they did promptly.

We did not ask for, nor did we receive, any compensation for either incident. Two incidents out of hundreds of stays is a pretty good batting average to me.

But when judging perhaps counterbalance with the knowledge that they have fostered many ‘hard to place’ children and adopted four, two of whom have learning disabilities. They also campaign for the rights of people with learning disabilities. It is difficult to imagine that social and health care professionals would asses a couple who seek out publicly or manipulate/submit wrongful or exaggerated claims for personal gain to be appropriate foster/adoptive parents.
It is very odd.

Actually, if u do a research, u will be shocked on how many of these children end up abused, molested and then eventually removed from the people that were interviewed and originally considered competent to begin with. The problem is there is more children than there is good foster homes and unfortunately these kids get put into homes they shouldn't. There is no doubt these guys are scamming Disney and the fact they are not just exposing the kids to that type of behavior but actually using their disabilities to their advantage just shows that these people have no business being aloud to foster kids, let alone adopt. Its sickening.

We stayed in a Boardwalk studio once and when we checked in the light globe was in the bathroom sink (someone changed the bulb and didn’t put it back), a broom and dustpan were in the middle of the floor and a trash bag was sitting out.

It was pretty obvious there was a mix up and either somebody didn’t do their job(s) or the room shouldn’t have been placed in inventory.

I told my wife they always say, “welcome home” so they did that so we felt like we were home!

(we called and they put us in a one bedroom).

they are not just exposing the kids to that type of behavior but actually using their disabilities to their advantage just shows that these people have no business being allowed to foster kids, let alone adopt. Its sickening.
It is this possibility that troubles me.

It is very odd.

I am still judging. My son and DDIL are foster parents. I woudl have some choice comments if they pulled this kind of scam, and i do believe it is a scam.

Yes there are people who foster that are more in it for the money and what they can get. I know this as I was a foster parent and adopted my 2 boys here in fl. The state did a criminal background check and checked our house and interviewed us. Also I've never heard of a professional foster parent.

My coworkers sister. She kept her foster daughter until she was 18, tossed her out when the money ran dry and then fostered another. It really can be an issue.

My son and DDIL foster twins and the background checks were grueling IMO, however they felt they were necessary to prevent what could be a horror for children who are vulnerable. I do nto think they will be able to adopt these two sweeties, but they are head over heels in love with them.

There are professional foster parents, who are in it strictly for the money. I know of 2 personally from a few years ago and as far as I know, both of them still do it. At least the ones I know are not horrible foster parents, but they are not super great ones either.

The only issue I had is the screw came out of the lock and the door wouldn't shut. I used some tape to fix it and when I went to the desk they gave me a bunch of fast passes for Epcot.

Actually, if u do a research, u will be shocked on how many of these children end up abused, molested and then eventually removed from the people that were interviewed and originally considered competent to begin with. The problem is there is more children than there is good foster homes and unfortunately these kids get put into homes they shouldn't. There is no doubt these guys are scamming Disney and the fact they are not just exposing the kids to that type of behavior but actually using their disabilities to their advantage just shows that these people have no business being aloud to foster kids, let alone adopt. Its sickening.

Yup, one prime example that comes to mind is the Hart family (the adoptive mothers who just over a year ago drugged and drove their children off a cliff to their deaths.) Not trying to provide a direct comparison to these scammers, rather just a counterpoint to PPs notion that the "system" would in all cases weed out every last nutjob or troubled person from being able to adopt or foster kids.

I was thinking the same thing. Just because they did some seemingly good things on the surface doesn't mean they aren't capable of being devious.
I saw the pics, I am unimpressed. The "dust everywhere" was back behind the mini fridge. The roach could happen anywhere, at least it was dead- it means their pest control works!. The "exposed wiring" just looked like lamp cords plugged in, I couldn't see any actual exposed wires. The condom was hard to tell exactly where is was in the room, and could have easily been planted. If they didn't have history of requesting disney compensation then it would be more believeable.
Not to mention, they try to draw sympathy by calling it a "dream trip" and " trip of a lifetime" yet it seems this isn't their first of even 2nd disney trip? This couple seems like attention seekers looking for a payday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter