Does anyone actually believe this?

I've stayed in a few Disney rooms over the last 15+ years that have needed a renovation, and perhaps a deep clean, but nothing like this. From the sounds of it they're scammers. "Not up to their standards", then book the GF from the start. I also call BS on paying more than $500 a night for Caribbean Beach.

I've stayed in a few Disney rooms over the last 15+ years that have needed a renovation, and perhaps a deep clean, but nothing like this. From the sounds of it they're scammers. "Not up to their standards", then book the GF from the start. I also call BS on paying more than $500 a night for Caribbean Beach.
My guess is they are including tickets and or dining. I just got back from CBR and there is no way they paid that for the room only per night.

Yeah, for the most part the most expensive options are $300-350 with tax, even during Easter week 2019. $417 for Columbus Day, $460 for New Year's Pirate room.

CBR is all Studios, so no 1BRs that increase costs significantly.

Looks like these guests had a habit of making complaints that were rewarded by Guest Services. Maybe these plaintiffs figured if they invested in an even more expensive trip, their complaints would warrant even bigger rewards. They took a gamble, and LOST. Having their evil plan disrupted made them furious enough to exact revenge with a frivolous lawsuit.

Yeah, for the most part the most expensive options are $300-350 with tax, even during Easter week 2019. $417 for Columbus Day, $460 for New Year's Pirate room.

CBR is all Studios, so no 1BRs that increase costs significantly.

Looks like these guests had a habit of making complaints that were rewarded by Guest Services. Maybe these plaintiffs figured if they invested in an even more expensive trip, their complaints would warrant even bigger rewards. They took a gamble, and LOST. Having their evil plan disrupted made them furious enough to exact revenge with a frivolous lawsuit.
How did they lose? The article says the were upgraded to a room (suite) at the Grand Floridian.

I guess some people think they should have a vacation, and the Disney shareholders should pick up the tab. Pretty much the very definition of theft.

But when judging perhaps counterbalance with the knowledge that they have fostered many ‘hard to place’ children and adopted four, two of whom have learning disabilities. They also campaign for the rights of people with learning disabilities. It is difficult to imagine that social and health care professionals would asses a couple who seek out publicly or manipulate/submit wrongful or exaggerated claims for personal gain to be appropriate foster/adoptive parents.
It is very odd.
I've worked in the foster system before - years ago - and unfortunately the assessments are not very good. There are some horrible people out there who are allowed to foster.

The worst thing we ever found in our room was a broken off syringe needle in the bed At CR. It was the day they changed linens and we just called and asked for a second change. We figured it got caught in the sheets when they were laundered.

We did check into BC once and it appeared the housekeeper was interrupted, as there was a large bag of trash on the middle of the floor, M&Ms on the floor and the bathroom needed a cleaning. Again, we called and asked for someone to come and take care of the issue, which they did promptly.

We did not ask for, nor did we receive, any compensation for either incident. Two incidents out of hundreds of stays is a pretty good batting average to me.
Sorry but broken syringe needle would have been a big deal to me!

Sorry but broken syringe needle would have been a big deal to me!

Maybe because we discovered it when we turned down the bed (it was kind of woven into the sheet and sparkled in the light) and no one got hurt or anything is what made the difference. We considered just removing it and throwing it away, but felt it was something Disney should be made aware of since the next guest might not be so fortunate. We were actually more grossed out by the huge industrial size open bag of garbage in the room at BC. My philosophy has always been that things happen, and it’s how people respond when they do that determines a positive or negative opinion. Both times Disney responded well and took care of the problem.

Number One, $13K for a week at Carribean Resort? Sorry, right there I don't believe it. Disney has gotten expensive, but come on! I don't believe the complaint of "exposed wires" in BOTH rooms. What do they mean? The electrical cord of the lamp to the electrical outlet??? (like every other hotel has). No, they just wanted something for FREE and how it made the papers I don't know???

How did they lose? The article says the were upgraded to a room (suite) at the Grand Floridian.

I guess some people think they should have a vacation, and the Disney shareholders should pick up the tab. Pretty much the very definition of theft.

Lol, yeah upgraded to a suite at GF isn't exactly losing. I was speculating on their possible strategy. Whatever happened, it doesn't look as though it was enough to appease their expectations because they went next level and brought forth a lawsuit. Maybe they were banking on the room rate refunded? Who knows what's really going in their heads.

But when judging perhaps counterbalance with the knowledge that they have fostered many ‘hard to place’ children and adopted four, two of whom have learning disabilities. They also campaign for the rights of people with learning disabilities. It is difficult to imagine that social and health care professionals would asses a couple who seek out publicly or manipulate/submit wrongful or exaggerated claims for personal gain to be appropriate foster/adoptive parents.
It is very odd.
https://simplyfostering.co.uk/how-to-be-a-foster-carer/fostering-allowance/
Foster parenting looks pretty lucrative in the U.K.
This site says a minimum of 450 pounds/week PER child. This couple has 4 foster children. That is $120,000 tax free per year plus they likely get more due to the children's disabilities and for spending allowances. They also wouldn't be paying for medical, therapy appointments, education, etc.

"once in a lifetime vacation" yet they have received compensation numerous times. Goggle them...they seem like a nice family, clearly enjoy the spotlight, and I suspect just overstepped acceptable bounds in trying to make their vacation as special as possible. That said they really do need to be guided if they have exaggerated. I wouldn't blame Disney if they saved this family from themselves and prevented them from staying in the park anymore...it sounds as though the accommodations have been repeatedly sub-par and staying off property would be better for them in the future.

Number One, $13K for a week at Carribean Resort? Sorry, right there I don't believe it. Disney has gotten expensive, but come on! I don't believe the complaint of "exposed wires" in BOTH rooms. What do they mean? The electrical cord of the lamp to the electrical outlet??? (like every other hotel has). No, they just wanted something for FREE and how it made the papers I don't know???
I call BS for $500 a night at CBR as it doesn’t have any suites and goes for less than $400 a night during Xmas and New Years. That said I can find it plausible for $13k. The figure is possible if you consider cost of airfare, $1250 per person isn’t unheard of. Assume 5k for four people to fly from U.K. to Florida. Add on 7 day park hoppers, Disney dining plan, and $2000 for the hotel. It would be close to $13k.

These people are clearly scammers though.

In my experience, WDW will try and pawn off a dirty room if they think they can get away with it. Over the years we've had it happen a couple of times and immediately demanded an upgrade to compensate us for the inconvenience. It's amazing how quickly resort managers can suddenly disappear when a guest has a legitimate serious complaint. Fortunately we've never had the misfortune to stay in one of the many famous Disney resort bedbug rooms, so for that we are thankful.

We only demanded a room upgrade (from a moderate to a deluxe) and we paid the moderate rate. It only amounted to a few hundred dollars.

If your room has a problem, I would expect Disney to fix the issue or put you in the same category room at the same resort. To me, immediately demanding an upgrade to a different resort for an "inconvenience" seems overboard.
In every instance I got the same treatment from Disney. When I asked for another room, they said they had no vacancies. When I asked for a refund, they refused. And I hope you know that when you call the front desk from your room, you're not talking to anyone at the front desk. And perhaps you enjoy dragging luggage from your car to your resort room only to find that room uninhabitable. I do not. And perhaps you enjoy making repeated calls to resort staff and managers in an attempt to solve the problem spending several hours in the process. I do not.

Perhaps you have little or no regard for your vacation time. Time is money and I demand equitable recompense for my time and trouble. Managers know that immediate settlement is far better than having to go to small claims court. You see, part of the problem is that Disney sells many of their vacant rooms to travel agencies and therefore those rooms are not available for the resort to sell. So when a desk clerk tells you that there are no vacancies, what they really mean is that they have no rooms left that are still under their control.

I have actually been told by a desk clerk at a WDW resort that they were full and had no rooms available and called a travel agent on my cell phone and booked a room at that same resort right in front of the clerk. Demanding fair and equitable treatment is not at all "overboard".

If your room has a problem, I would expect Disney to fix the issue or put you in the same category room at the same resort. To me, immediately demanding an upgrade to a different resort for an "inconvenience" seems overboard.
We stayed at POP once during this huge cheer event. Our room was overlooking a courtyard area and it was incredibly loud. We called the front desk to ask if there was a room somewhere at POP that was a little more quiet and they said "Animal Kingdom Lodge would be more quiet I bet." and moved us to Kidani Village. Didn't ask for anything other than a quieter room where we were and they upgraded us majorly. It was great.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!